Nerfed Veno Swim Speed =_=

Options
Faize - Heavens Tear
Faize - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
hi, just found thru factions n chat they nerfed the veno swim speed, b:sad not just nerfed it , its just not available anymore b:shocked and those that had swim already were not going to get sp refunded b:angry , what i cant understand is why take out the skill completely, what did it to others, were others so upset because they didnt have it, or what was the reason, i haven't had time to look for patch notes and read up,? b:sad which brings up another question, those with swim speed already , is the effect just normal now or what is it ? i hate to say this, but i guess a few winers, "nerf the veno" club won out ....
Post edited by Faize - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ugh, I noticed the skill says "has no effect", but it still works as it used to... She clearly swims faster than other chars, so I dont know
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It works how it used to? Did you already have the skill before it got removed?

If they wanted to remove it, why didn't they jus' remove it altogether? It's still there, and can still be learned, jus' no description anymore. If I get it now, will I actually get the mastery, or jus' waste my sp?
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    hi, just found thru factions n chat they nerfed the veno swim speed, b:sad not just nerfed it , its just not available anymore b:shocked and those that had swim already were not going to get sp refunded b:angry , what i cant understand is why take out the skill completely, what did it to others, were others so upset because they didnt have it, or what was the reason, i haven't had time to look for patch notes and read up,? b:sad which brings up another question, those with swim speed already , is the effect just normal now or what is it ? i hate to say this, but i guess a few winers, "nerf the veno" club won out ....

Ehhh, I seriously doubt the "nerf the venos" whiners on this server had anything to do with this change(if indeed anything even has changed), if anything we're feeling the effects of changes that have occured in the Chinese or Malaysian versions that managed to trickle down over here.

Possibly Water based PvP has become popular in those versions, giving Barbs and Venos a clear advantage.

Just remember, the PWI staff are not coders.... we get whatever the Chinese devs send us(whether we like it or not)
  • Katejina - Lost City
    Katejina - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have the Swimming Mastery skill and it still gives me 50% faster swimming speed as far as I can tell.

But maybe this nerf is just for Venomancers?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The Barbarian swimming mastery still works. Venomancer swimming mastery does not however.

There doesn't really need to be a Spirit refund. It was like what, 200? And to the OP, the skill was long broken before the Nerf the Venos topic appeared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unconquered - Lost City
    Unconquered - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I think it still works, barbs are still the fastest underwater.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    My venomancer still swims faster than elves and humans. Don't think it's broken at all, just the description o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faize - Heavens Tear
    Faize - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    well if there's been no change b:surrender ofps i wish some faction members
    get their info right, b:lipcurl im still searching for info in what was in the latest
    patch info, just to confirm it all b:question ty guess i was wrong or my faction members were wrong, i have swim skill, but like others all description and any otehr info shows N/A ,
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ya..if it's jus' the description that's broken, but the skill actually works I'd still like to get it...can anyone actually confirm it, one way or the other, then?
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    OMG they nerfed the venomancer class.
    Whatever will they do next...? b:chuckle
    I like pie
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    skills doesn't work but you can use veno speed skill in water.