What's the defference between PvP and PvE servers?

orunitia
orunitia Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
As the tittle suggests, what the defference between the two types of server? As far as I know you can PK on the PvE servers too.
Post edited by orunitia on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    PK is optional in PvE servers, you can choose whether you want to be in it. If you choose to do so, you have to remain in that state for at least 10 hours, and you'll be open to attacks from any other player in PK mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Amorion - Sanctuary
    Amorion - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So in the PvP server you can switch to PK mode anytime?

Another question, wich server is the less populated?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No, on PvP servers, you're forced into permanent PK mode when you're lvl 30+.
    Servers in order of population seem to be Heaven's Tear > Sanctuary > Lost City
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Braulio - Lost City
    Braulio - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No, on PvP servers, you're forced into permanent PK mode when you're lvl 30+.
    Servers in order of population seem to be Heaven's Tear > Sanctuary > Lost City

What!?! ****... I'm on Lost City server.. And I never wanted to be involved in PKing =[

So, I wont be able to go around of my own business without people killing me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fire Fox FTW.
  • Vestamona - Lost City
    Vestamona - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What!?! ****... I'm on Lost City server.. And I never wanted to be involved in PKing =[

So, I wont be able to go around of my own business without people killing me?
    Yes. People will wait outside of town just waiting to repeatedly kill you. And you alone. Much fun will be had by all.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You are level 12 right now, what was that like 3 hours of your life? Reroll PvE server if you are that concerned, but seriously its not that bad. What do you think, everyone gets to lvl 30 and thats it, end game. Obviously there are tons of high levels and people shooting up the tree so it can't be as bad as some will have you think.
    b:bye
  • Braulio - Lost City
    Braulio - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well, if it isn't that bad, guess i'll stay. Meh, idk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fire Fox FTW.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes. People will wait outside of town just waiting to repeatedly kill you. And you alone. Much fun will be had by all.

Don't scare the poor boy. b:pleased
  • Vestamona - Lost City
    Vestamona - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Don't scare the poor boy. b:pleased
    Siiiiigh, fine fine, I'll go find some other hobby >.>
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I swear he probably wet himself. Its not too terrible. Sure getting pked on a daily basis stinks, not to mention killed by stray AoEs, trapped inside a safe zone because hungry ppl are waiting to kill you, never being able to do fb 29 because of gankers, lack of safety anywhere outside of town, possibility of losing itmes you worked hard for, being one-shotted for no reason, rezzed and one shotted again, going back to town and giving up on a quest because you cant finish it, grinding for hours only for someone to make you get killed by mob, losing all that xp, and generally feeling like a small worthless piece of *expletive deleted*.

Of course its not that bad, some parts are exaggerated for effect b:laugh
  • Solstice - Lost City
    Solstice - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    shon isn't kidding. Thats EXACTLY waht lost city is like. Only the strong can survive in this server.Most quit because they get 1 shotted by all the rq taht wait outside SZ. b:chuckle
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    shon isn't kidding. Thats EXACTLY waht lost city is like. Only the strong can survive in this server.Most quit because they get 1 shotted by all the rq taht wait outside SZ. b:chuckle

Good joke.
    Till cq or gz comes and rq runs b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yea my own expereiece is that Cq the good guy guild will come show up in force and lay down the law on pker's so that the lower lvl's can get thier stuff done.If it wasnt for them my family would have prolly left after lvl 40.

Lost city isnt that bad now that Cq and this new guild called GuardianZ stepped up to the plate.Just wish I had the level's and the social interaction skills to get on one of thier good sides and get into thier guild :P Sadly I dont chat enough to come off as a likable person :P so noone ever notices im actually a pretty nice and helpfull person.if u stick around long enough to get to know me :P