wth... how does the Auction house work

Options
shadowlone
shadowlone Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
ok now im new (duhh mayby?) and just started playing and was wondering how the auction house worked and is it dependable?
if so could any1 pls mail me in game under name ShadowLone in lost city or just put it up in here any help would be apriciated.

thanks in advance
ps. sry for any bad spelling.
Post edited by shadowlone on

Comments

• Some_guy - Heavens Tear
    Some_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Or better yet post what u know about the auction house here on this thread so it can help newbies, like me who doesn't have a clue how the AH works. Who knows we may get a sticky here, and stickies....mmmm.
  • ShadowLone - Lost City
    ShadowLone - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i know wht u mean but still i havnt gots a clu of how it works so if any1 does know plss enlighten me ^^
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    1) Find an auctioneer and open the auction house
    2) Look around on the first few pages if you want to.
    3) If you're looking for more specific items, use filter to look for the item you want. The search item option does NOT work.
    4) When you've found the item you want, place a bid (the current bid can be seen next to the item, the bid you'll place is at the bottom). If there's a buy price, feel free to use the buy option to get the item immediately.
    5) The item will end up in your mailbox if you win. If the auction is timed, wait for the timer to run out, while making sure to keep an eye on your bid, in case someone else places a bid.

That's the gist of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Jurai - Sanctuary
    Jurai - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    why does the item i want always reset the time whenever i place a bid?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If you bid on an item when it has a timer of 20 minutes or last, an additional 20 minutes get added to the timer, to provide other people with a chance to bid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If you bid on an item when it has a timer of 20 minutes or last, an additional 20 minutes get added to the timer, to provide other people with a chance to bid.

err this stops around 2 hours of bonus time added, at least it did on 2 occasions for me, but of course not 100% of external factors
  • I_killer - Sanctuary
    I_killer - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hey got a problem i bidded on an item but then someone else bid over it and my money disappered!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hey got a problem i bidded on an item but then someone else bid over it and my money disappered!

You probably won the auction. When you win, the item shows up in your mailbox (go click on one of those post boxes you see in the game).

If you didn't win and still don't have the money, petition a GM.
  • Demiion - Lost City
    Demiion - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    im new also..i wanted to place an item up for auction but i dun wanna under charge. whats a good price for one star socket stuff? lol or jut one star stuff? i see bids for 25-70k but..im guessing that wasnt the starting amount
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

When someone outbids you on an item, the money you bid on it is returned by mail. Open your mailbox and select the mail entitled "auction error" and press the item button to retrieve your money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The thing to keep in mind is that all bids and sales immediately remove the relevant items from your inventory. Effectively, the Auction House "holds" your items or money, so that you don't have to carry it around for the duration of the auction.

When you lose a bid, the money is refunded to you via the Postbox. Likewise, if you win an auction, the item is automatically sent to your Postbox.
  • mjaka211
    mjaka211 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    does any one know where is the auction house