Pet heal

nqeib
nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello,

my question is about healing your pet. I'm a level 6 venomancer and I have books that I'm supposed to show to the animal trainer person in order to learn pet heal and revive. When I talk to the animal trainer I don't get an option to mention the books, or talk about healing in any way. When I check my skill tree, pet heal is supposed to be learned at level 3, so my level shouldn't be a problem. Also, the animal trainer has no suitable quests for me when asked about that.

I can't help thinking I've missed some important bit of information because I don't have the pet healing skill, can someone tell me what I should do?

Oh, and while I'm at it, I might as well ask how to tame animals. Like, what buttons to click/skills to use (and when those skills become available).
Post edited by nqeib on

Comments

• Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To learn the 3 pet skills (heal, revive and tame), you must go to the pet skill trainer in city of the lost. And when you talk to her choos "tame pet". Then you'll see the skills you can learn (like for normal skills).

The tame pet skill comes at lvl6 (not 100% sure), and requires to finish a quest given by the pet skill trainer. To tame a pet, just target one and click the "tame pet" skill (like attacking). You'll se the channeling bar fill up, and then it will either show "fail" (the pet will come attack you) or "succes" (the egg will be in your inventory).

Note that the chance of succes is really close to 0% if you try to tame one at full hp of about your lvl. The best way to succeed, is to have your pet attacking to lower your target hp, and then start the tame pet skill. It might take some excercice to get the timing right.
  • nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A thousand thanks Tawarwaith :). At least the healing part worked exactly as you said.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You will receive the quest to gain the tame skill upon reaching level 7. It's called "Sacred Beast". When you complete the quest, you get the tame skill book, then you do the same exact thing as the heal and revive skills to learn it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.