Love the cleric! :D

Faustinna - Heavens Tear
Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
Just wanted to say, i've been playing the game for a little over a week and am only level 35, but i love the cleric class in this game. Other games, healers have to just heal, can't really solo or do any damage. But here, I can do all the nice healer stuff with rezzes and buffs and still go out and solo and do it faster then most classes b:victory

Love the class, and anyone new like me, thinking what they want to play, try the cleric. It's super-fun!

P.S. Can i get more spirit please? Like...a few hundred thousand spirit b:dirty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Faustinna - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Aha, yeah.

Wait until you get to around level 44ish, then you'll change your tune :P
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    x'D I didn't get bored with my cleric until she hit about 65ish...

Got tired of people always pm'ing me just for a revive and expecting me to go halfway across the world for them (well, for some I did) as soon as I log in and etcetera.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Salryc - Heavens Tear
    Salryc - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I started playing a veno, and around lvl 46 decided it wasn't for me, so rolled a cleric. I haven't regretted it at all, and haven't been bored yet.

I did have to learn to say no to every one asking me to fly across the map for rez/buffs. I think that's the only downside to the class. In combat we can hold our own, and getting a group is always easy.

And don't worry about the spirit, some where around level 50-60 I had more spirit then I could afford to buy skills with, and the coin became the limiting factor.
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My cleric is 77 now and im still not bored. I personally love coming when someone needs a res or buff but thats cuz i like to help ppl. I also do like being able to kill stuff and heal at the same time. I played veno for a little, till 3X but i didn't like it much becuz i like pets and i caught to many. D= Cleric for me. x3
  • turonga
    turonga Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The moment I got thunderball my soloing speed was dramaticaly changed, and my quests got done in just a few minutes.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I'm glad to see so many high lvl people saying they still love playing there cleric b:victory

The rez thing does get a bit overwhelming at times, any my rez is only lvl 4. Especially in secret passage yesterday. Was hard getting quests done with so many people asking for a rez b:chuckle

But i decided a while ago not to fly halfway around the world to rez someone after one incident on my cleric when i was in the 20's. This guy _joker_ (or something like that) asked in world chat for a rez and was paying 1million. Now this was halfway around the world for me and a good 15minutes to fly there. But i figured hey, 1million would help me big time.

Got there to rez him, along with 30 other clerics, and he just kept rezzing and running into the lvl 100 world boss mob thingy. He didn't want rezzes he just wanted to **** with people. So no more across the world rezzes for me, ever, unless it's a friend. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Love my cleric even more as of tonight. Couldn't get any help and secret passage was empty so i decided to try dismal shade alone at lvl 38. 20minutes later i won b:victory

I couldn't believe it. I've seen lvl 50 BM's and barb's get killed by it. That purge/cleanse ability we have really is amazing! It makes fighting mobs who stay at range and throw poison at us a breeze. Was really happy to take a 45boss mob solo without trouble. love love love the cleric class! b:pleased

At what lvl can i do say fb19 and 29 solo? Not really a point but its fun sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CyberMagix - Heavens Tear
    CyberMagix - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Love my cleric even more as of tonight. Couldn't get any help and secret passage was empty so i decided to try dismal shade alone at lvl 38. 20minutes later i won b:victory

I couldn't believe it. I've seen lvl 50 BM's and barb's get killed by it. That purge/cleanse ability we have really is amazing! It makes fighting mobs who stay at range and throw poison at us a breeze. Was really happy to take a 45boss mob solo without trouble. love love love the cleric class! b:pleased

At what lvl can i do say fb19 and 29 solo? Not really a point but its fun sometimes.

Wow you did it at level 38?! Im completely ashamed=X Im level 62 and i still am afraid to help someone with it=( Im gonna try it out later.

As for being the coward i am:P, i soloed fb19 at level 61. Was a complete breeze though which surprised me because i thought it will be really hard.

And i still love the cleric! Being able to heal ourselves while kicking butt=awesome!
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yeah yeah yeah us mages suck
    b:surrender
    they suc real badb:surrender
    real real badb:surrenderb:surrender
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • biggs
    biggs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would agree that clerics are quite fun to play due to the variety of things a cleric gets to do (soloing/healing/dd/etc) as well as the ability to solo fairly quickly (although sometimes painfully). The only problem I've run into after hitting level 70 is that I cannot play for 5 minutes without getting requests for help, especially TT runs. Now I love to help
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's taken me a very long time to lvl, but that's really my own fault. I have a bad tendency to join lower lvls and let them fight and i just keep them alive. I've also helped with the faction run through an fb19 or two or three, strictly to be a healer.

So nearly every time I'd try to do a quest involving mob kills, I'd die. So I started relying on a higher lvl blade to help me. Well, while he was fighting mobs lvl 34 and 35 he says, lets see what you can do. And with him standing close by (as I was a chicken) I managed to take down a lvl 35 mob fairly quickly.

Part of that was from new skills I got at lvl 30, but still, I did it by myself and I didn't die. Clerics rule in my book. And as for helping people? I will if they are close, but I won't travel. Sorry, find someone closer. I've gotten bad at spotting dead people on the field, and will drop down, rez, and leave. I get a kick out it. Same with throwing buffs from the air when people don't know you're up there. Fun stuff to watch.
    edited January 2009
    Wow you did it at level 38?! Im completely ashamed=X Im level 62 and i still am afraid to help someone with it=( Im gonna try it out later.

As for being the coward i am:P, i soloed fb19 at level 61. Was a complete breeze though which surprised me because i thought it will be really hard.

And i still love the cleric! Being able to heal ourselves while kicking butt=awesome!

Thank you. I was pretty proud myself b:thanks

What i did was hit the shade and run back into the hallway. So you don't have to deal with constant respawns. It was a solid 10-20minute fight thought. cyclone, plume, cyclone, plume, cleanse, ironheart. And repeat. His poison stacks so if you cant remove it after about 4-5 stacks it ticks way too much. But with our poison remove ability, every 10 seconds you wipe it all off and he has to restart from scratch so all you ever take in damage is about 30.

Make sure you have an mp charm thought, long fight. But people around will be all like "oh wow can you help me do it now?" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    It's taken me a very long time to lvl, but that's really my own fault. I have a bad tendency to join lower lvls and let them fight and i just keep them alive. I've also helped with the faction run through an fb19 or two or three, strictly to be a healer.

So nearly every time I'd try to do a quest involving mob kills, I'd die. So I started relying on a higher lvl blade to help me. Well, while he was fighting mobs lvl 34 and 35 he says, lets see what you can do. And with him standing close by (as I was a chicken) I managed to take down a lvl 35 mob fairly quickly.

Part of that was from new skills I got at lvl 30, but still, I did it by myself and I didn't die. Clerics rule in my book. And as for helping people? I will if they are close, but I won't travel. Sorry, find someone closer. I've gotten bad at spotting dead people on the field, and will drop down, rez, and leave. I get a kick out it. Same with throwing buffs from the air when people don't know you're up there. Fun stuff to watch.

Well if you're really afraid of taking any big damage, just use plume shell before the creature gets to you. turn those 150hits into 50 b:victory

I find it kinda boring helping BM's with there quests. In the time a BM can kill 1 mob i can kill 2-3. So sitting back healing them i want to say "just sit down and let me do it." b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arellyse - Sanctuary
    Arellyse - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Wow, can't believe u solo'd dismal shade alone. good job! :D how did u do it? what lvl is your purify skill? it would be a big help if you could tell me what you did cuz i tried fighting that thing with a party as the healer but we ended up dying miserably. b:surrender
    edited January 2009
    yeah yeah yeah us mages suck
    b:surrender
    they suc real badb
    real real badb:surrenderb:surrender

Oh i tried a mage. Only got my mage to 10 before i had to stop. Everytime a creature had "increased magic resistance" it made me cry on my mage b:cry

*Hugs her plume shot tightly* Never letting you go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Wow, can't believe u solo'd dismal shade alone. good job! :D how did u do it? what lvl is your purify skill? it would be a big help if you could tell me what you did cuz i tried fighting that thing with a party as the healer but we ended up dying miserably. b:surrender

thank you! b:victory

The way i did it was pulling him back into the hallway so you don't have respawns. Stay at range and attacked with cyclone and plume. Every 12 seconds id use purify (lvl 1). In 12 seconds he would stack the poison about 4-5 times, so it ticked for 150. 1 poison is 30 damage on me. So every 12 seconds purify and ironheart blessing, then attack attack. Really my hp never went low enough so that my hp charm would go off. Mp charm thought spent about 20k-30k mana on it since it's such a long fight.

In a group i think it might be more of a problem unless you can purify like every second. Since it's an aoe poison everyone will get it. In a group i'd say purify yourself only, blessings everyone else. When they all die, go back to what i did and solo it and everyone will go oooo b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arellyse - Sanctuary
    Arellyse - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thank you! b:victory

The way i did it was pulling him back into the hallway so you don't have respawns. Stay at range and attacked with cyclone and plume. Every 12 seconds id use purify (lvl 1). In 12 seconds he would stack the poison about 4-5 times, so it ticked for 150. 1 poison is 30 damage on me. So every 12 seconds purify and ironheart blessing, then attack attack. Really my hp never went low enough so that my hp charm would go off. Mp charm thought spent about 20k-30k mana on it since it's such a long fight.

In a group i think it might be more of a problem unless you can purify like every second. Since it's an aoe poison everyone will get it. In a group i'd say purify yourself only, blessings everyone else. When they all die, go back to what i did and solo it and everyone will go oooo b:chuckle

haha, thanks for the strategy; i'll try it when i decide to fight dismal again. the only thing i dont have is the mp charm. dunno if my pots will be enuff to save my mp. but i'll most likely be in a party so they'll have done some damage to dismal b4 they die and maybe i'll be ok soloing it then.

thanks again b:thanks
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm a level 49 cleric and I have managed to solo all my mob killing quests, Ironheart blessing (only lvl 9 atm) heals about 250hp per second allowing me to take the damage from all mobs, I yestoday killed 300+ mobs without hp/mp pots/charms and i was really proud because aslong you don't continously plume none stop U ok with mana.
    I have level 38 archer 35 mage and 38bm and I can definitely say CLERIC KICKS ****
    me: hey you random mage what you think is better mage or cleric?
    mage: umm i'll say ma...
    me: IT DOESN"T matter what you think *plume shots the mage* lol
    CLERICS OWN
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Ramuz - Lost City
    Ramuz - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009

That is amazing, I am a lvl 42 who still needs to complete that quest, yesterday i went in with a group, all under the lvl 50 mark, there were only 2 Clerics in the group, Myself and one other, funny thing is, after evryone else had fallen, including the other Cleric who had insisted on doing all the Buffing/Healing(lvl 48) I was the only one still standing fighting the Dismal, of course the lower mobs respawned and he overtook me in the end, but I had him down to 1/4 health so i was pleased with myself, even though I lost..lol
  • steelersfan
    steelersfan Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009

wow very nice. i have a cleric at around 46 now and the one thing i hate about it is that i cant solo bosses. i tried to solo yansheng at around 40 or something and got it down to bout 3/4 hp b4 i got hammered. i never really tried soloing dismal b4 mainly just because of how intimidating it looks. but if at range all dismal does is poison like a bunch of the other wood elemental mobs then what you did does seem feasible. albeit it would take a very long time haha. ill try it myself sometimes i think but i dont like my own chances haha. congratz on soloin dismal though.
  • Bauhumet - Lost City
    Bauhumet - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Never level Rivive and you'll never get asked for a rez. As to buffs, It takes me 6 secs to do it, but the person has to ask nicely or I might PK them instead.
  • X_yasuna_x - Heavens Tear
    X_yasuna_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i love using the cleric but im not the greatest yet... someday i will be better then blessings b:angry
  • ChucknNorris - Heavens Tear
    ChucknNorris - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Anyways i have a lvl 45 cleric maybe 46 going full attack style and frankly is quite boring to be honest..spamming plume shot and cyclone all day and kiteing..maybe a lil stank thunder ball from time to time or some dumb debuff that seems to not really be noticeable on anything..just something to cast.If you go cleric FaC to me tends to lose the thrill of variety than a wizz or a full support type cleric.

hey Bauhumet..how u going ta pk some one when like 20000% in this game is blue..hahaha
  • DeOso - Lost City
    DeOso - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hey Bauhumet..how u going ta pk some one when like 20000% in this game is blue..hahaha

Lol, it's called a pvp server.
    edited January 2009
    Still have to keep telling people how great a cleric is to play. Myself, 41, a 50 barb and a 39 veno took out chi the mausauleum watchmen. Watched a group of 5 40+'s get wiped by him right before, so was pretty proud we 3 did it. I never let there hp dip below 60%, spammed IB on the barb and used soon the light when we all got hit by the aoe.

Really fun to be able to do that with guildies and make it look good b:victory

Best barb ever award goes to: Vroooom
    I can solo anything veno award goes to: BunnyMe

Love my squad b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jacky_ - Sanctuary
    Jacky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    personally i love clerics in this game, as ppl said b4, the healers in other mmos are restricted healing, but here, we can heal, buff, DEBUFF AND deal both magical and physical damage and become a true DD, yet most importantly, we can solo with no problem.

but i really want to ask, do clerics really cost a lot? i've read quite a lot of thread about clerics being the most expensive character to play due the the poor mp upkeep and sky high mp usage, and that's exactly what puts me off from advancing in clerics.

also, regardless of the fact that i like DD, i also want to do the cleric's job which is to suppose ppl, so i want to build my cleric up to be DD and have decent ability to support. is this achievable, as apparently, there won't be enough spirits to go around, as i've seen on many posts. also, i will be mainly pve, what skills should i get and can i trade seals for the support skills, like revive?

lastly, what soulgems do you guys use on your armor and weapon? i'm thinking pdef on armor and mag atk on weapon

can someone plz help answer my question

thanx
  • Bauhumet - Lost City
    Bauhumet - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well Chuck, there is no being blue on a PvP server unless you are under level 30.

Jacky.

Yes, you can build your cleric to do decent DD and still support. Ironheart is the biggest support spell you need, so just level it. Yes, clerics are expensive. Our MP usage is really messed up. I go through a gold MP charm about every 3days at the moment depending on how much im grinding. I expect this to get worse as I level more. Of course I could probably reduce that some if I used mp pots or crafted items.

As to gems, HPs wins out over Pdef until higher levels because of diminishing returns. You honestly only need 2 skills to level for PvE, Cyclone and Plume Shot. You can keep everything else at level 1 until Wield Thunder.

Hope that answers some of your questions.
    edited January 2009
    Yes all you really need to max for damage is cyclone and plume, along with metal mastery and the other buff we get that raises our weapons m.att. You'll have enough to max ironheart and your other buffs and rez. voila.

MP is pretty bad. Got my gold mp charm at 40, i'm 43 now and it's down to 100k mp. But i found a way to manage it someone. Build up apothecary skill, you can build items that last 10minutes and increase your mp regen by 50 a second. on solo grinding, with that itme, my charm never went off. 3 shot a mob, wait 5 seconds, mp's back, go again. I hear at higher skill you can make items that regen 100mp a second for 10minutes.

For group play thought it's extremely expensive. And catastrophically so at lvl 59 i hear once we get our blue ball of mp doom b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I give you my word as a level 50 cleric Mana is of no problem to me I never use charms or pots, I manage fine. I have 30 vit 32 str 5 dex and about 210mag my mana regens pretty fast with level 4 celestial guardians seal I guarantee mana is no problem however a charm will not last long goes the same for mages, no charm is needed not for a cleric use a pot every now and then but thats it and well I guess a charm when you do FB or Zhen but other than that mana is no prob and I never kite. my iron hear heals about 250hp per second, *acts tuff*
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just wanted to say again that clerics are awesome at soloing...tonight similarly there was no help at the Secret Passage, so I decided to explore around...I got pretty far in just killing mobs one at a time and trying not to aggro too many at once, until I got to Shade Eido. And then I decided to see if I solo him--what a fun experience! All I used were Focus powder for mana boost and life powder for health boost [no charms] and managed to do it in 5 mins maybe. While I was running up to get him in range I accidentally aggroed one Guardian Tombstone that I chose to ignore for the duration of the fight, so I had Eido hitting about 200 damage on me and the tombstone hitting 100 something. But all it took was repeatedly spamming ironheart and alternating with spells, along with a few mana pots, and there you go. I really believe that clerics can solo most of the low lvl portions of the game, including bosses. Really awesome, considering we're supposed to be a support class :).