Are wizards weak at high lvls

2»

Comments

• streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lets see, there are these wonderful things called guardian angels, they prevent you from dropping anything, as as for ayano, its very rare to see him with anything but a red name. And its called being cautious. I check every player that crosses my minimap to see if they are a threat. and you really shouldnt call me hun. I live with my girlfriend.
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    streaker wrote: »
    lets see, there are these wonderful things called guardian angels, they prevent you from dropping anything, as as for ayano, its very rare to see him with anything but a red name. And its called being cautious. I check every player that crosses my minimap to see if they are a threat. and you really shouldnt call me hun. I live with my girlfriend.

Living with your mother does not constitude as living with your girlfriend.
  • AppleBunny - Sanctuary
    AppleBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am his girlfriend thank you very much and I take offense at making a reference of being his mother. You sir can shut your damned mouth.

[Edit]

And for another thing, I've seen /\/\arrok (aka streaker) run around in pk mode. He's taken on some decent fights before, but like he said. Its about being cautious not stupid.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    He is not red but he is 48 ,also...it's pk..it doesn't have to be fair..u can kill higher lvls then u if u sneak on them while they'r grinding.Since i'm sane enough not to fight a veno with a **** phoenix i never 1v1 them but i will sure as hell go for any veno or robe i see even 15 lvls higher than me as long as i know they don't know i'm there and i can just do this:

Go as high as i can above them,let them get to 60-80% hp while fighting mobs(or just 80% hp and throw in a skill as long as i'm sure it doesn't tick they'r charm),then blade tempest even if it's just lvl 4 is enough to kill any robe on 55-65% hp 10-15 lvls higher even.

Oh yea and if u wanna tell me that's lame,too bad i do not care,it's own ppls fault for not being cautios when they'r in pk mode and grinding.In the end all that matter's is for u to be standing and have the opponent down no matter what means u use to do it.Ofc however this isn't as much fun as fighting a fair fight with some1 your lvl especially if it's mass pk ,but......we all do what we can now.
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009

i was usin the expression some1 would say if they didnt know whats goin like "hun or what" :P, and guardian angels lol PVP server im pretty sure i know
    and from ur "gf" decent fights? dude wizs dont fight they win or lose unless ur LA build then its a some what of a fight
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Go as high as i can above them,let them get to 60-80% hp while fighting mobs(or just 80% hp and throw in a skill as long as i'm sure it doesn't tick they'r charm),then blade tempest even if it's just lvl 4 is enough to kill any robe on 55-65% hp 10-15 lvls higher even.

Oh yea and if u wanna tell me that's lame,too bad i do not care,it's own ppls fault for not being cautios when they'r in pk mode and grinding.In the end all that matter's is for u to be standing and have the opponent down no matter what means u use to do it.Ofc however this isn't as much fun as fighting a fair fight with some1 your lvl especially if it's mass pk ,but......we all do what we can now.

No one has ever said we couldn't do any of this, hell thats how i make my living and i am sure plenty of others do too in pk. And yes a mage can be deadly in many instances. The problem is at least in LC while you are doing that to 5, 10, 20 people a day, there are hundreds looking to do it to you if your are involved in the pk scene. And your survivability is poor.

The thread was are wizzards weak at high levels and great PvPers that are high levels are saying in their opinion yes. I wouldn't say i am a real high lvl but my point from another thread still stands. Weak/Useless/Sucks i think are the incorrect words, unless you are purely talking from hp/phys def perspective (i know build can change this somewhat), as we have some of the most damaging skills there are and can blow people up like other classes only dream of; More challenging/Frustrating/Die easily/Still Squishy/Easy target/(insert here) would be a little better fit

But thats also what makes it fun and more rewarding. Things that are easy are boring
    b:bye
  • streaker
    edited January 2009
    wenh93 wrote: »
    i was usin the expression some1 would say if they didnt know whats goin like "hun or what" :P, and guardian angels lol PVP server im pretty sure i know
    and from ur "gf" decent fights? dude wizs dont fight they win or lose unless ur LA build then its a some what of a fight

1: its huh, not hun
    2: anyone that dosnt carry guardian angels deserves what they get
    3: I am a light armor wizard.
  • spirea
    edited January 2009
    I am his girlfriend thank you very much and I take offense at making a reference of being his mother. You sir can shut your damned mouth.

[Edit]

And for another thing, I've seen /\/\arrok (aka streaker) run around in pk mode. He's taken on some decent fights before, but like he said. Its about being cautious not stupid.

1. You're probably old enough to be his mother.
    2. Making 2 diffrent characters / accounts and pretending fails.
    3. G.I.R.L, nuff said.
    4. Ok ill shut my mouth, but i am still typing, so what was the point of that? lol
  • AppleBunny - Sanctuary
    AppleBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    spirea wrote: »
    1. You're probably old enough to be his mother.
    2. Making 2 diffrent characters / accounts and pretending fails.
    3. G.I.R.L, nuff said.
    4. Ok ill shut my mouth, but i am still typing, so what was the point of that? lol

I'm 21, he's 20. If that's old enough to be his mother, then I'd like to know what kind of universe you live in.

The faction we belong to knows we are two different people, if you'd like to log on a chat server and speak with us. You are more than welcome to provide it.

yeah yeah, Guy In Real Life. You fail in the most epic of manners at attempting to take a knock at my real gender. I know what body parts I've got and which ones I don't. That's your problem if you failed in anatomy.

If you've got any further problems with me, take it to PMs. I'd rather not get into trouble with any mods or GMs for off-topic arguements.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    But thats also what makes it fun and more rewarding. Things that are easy are boring

That's the smartest thing I heard all day.

And now for spirea:Your obsivously chaging the subject here just cuz you are lost and have no ideea what to spit out next.I mean what in the world does his personal life and relations have anything to do with this topic? Please ...do every1 a favor and go flush yourself down the toilet,mby then you'll feel more refreshed and have brand new ideeas.
  • spirea
    edited January 2009
    That's the smartest thing I heard all day.

And now for spirea:Your obsivously chaging the subject here just cuz you are lost and have no ideea what to spit out next.I mean what in the world does his personal life and relations have anything to do with this topic? Please ...do every1 a favor and go flush yourself down the toilet,mby then you'll feel more refreshed and have brand new ideeas.

Well not my fault if he stated about his personal life, i countered with my opinion. please reread the thread before assuming something.

Wizards suck. Im higher than you most likely, im right you're wrong. Lols bb
  • streaker
    edited January 2009
    Wow, because your a high level wizard that has no skill, wizards suck. if thats how you want to go about life, good luck.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wow, because your a high level wizard that has no skill, wizards suck. if thats how you want to go about life, good luck.

I've been told I'm the best Wizard player on PWI. I don't actually agree with that, I'm sure there's at least a few that are better than me, but...

... Wizards suck.

Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • streaker
    edited January 2009
    heh. whatever u say u can all live in your own world where wizards suck, i know i dont atleast. and i know many people that will agree, i dont need others telling me they suck, when im takin out higher lvls np. im done with these nubbie forums
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In my opinion, at least, a wizard's real purpose lies in TW. A wizard's job isn't particularly survival, like the barbarians that have to pull catapults or the clerics that have to heal them, but to last long enough to take out as many people as possible. But, if you want to tank, roll a barb, if you want to deal serious (aoe) damage, roll a robe mage.

Please note, wizard's survivability increases greatly during TW as damage is distributed amongst a larger group of people, and the enemy is less willing or unable to follow you around until you die... unless they have a grudge or hit you hard enough.

Nonetheless, mages are not for the faint of heart, you will get frustrated in 1v1 PvP, unless you out-level them enough, or you out-gear them enough, or have the adequate level skills. I do, however, know a few high level mages that are pretty much epic. I'd say 90+ with 90HH/TT gear is when a mage falls into place.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • spyk0808
    spyk0808 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wizards aren't weak at higher lvls. Wizards on here are meant to be PvE but if you do you stats just right for light armor build and get nececcary skills req then you could do pk. Is an aweful shame that you talk down wizards because, I hardly ever die and I can take on 2 mobs. I almost got 10k mp and 4k mag atk so I really don't think wizards are weak. Now if you want to look at in pk wise yes we are weak till lvl 79. But the reason for that is because are freaking skills are so dang powerful. You look at it all wrong bro.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Best place for a wizard is behind someone else.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Best place for a wizard is behind someone else.

Words of wisdom.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wizards are weak in terms of defence....all knew that....

but if u want to deal huge damage...and i mean HUGE ones, and always at the back of the party firing ur skills, u will love wiz...
  • Tres - Lost City
    Tres - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wizards are the greatest nukers the game has seen and Holy Robe Mages exemplify that.

Oracle: WaTeR Level 99 Holy Robe Mage vs Msia_ZB Lvl 97 Werebeast 18k hp
    WaTeR One shotted Msia_ZB with a crit on Cryonite Dragon b:bye (this is without undine strike and amp/dragon as WaTeR was crashing a zhen I just happened to be in zzzzz lol.)

Most of the MG on Oracle were Holy Robe Mages I was too though i ended up deciding to quit at lvl 95 with some 7x% to 96 Originally planned to get 100 then PWI came along oh wellz =x.

Mages tend to be the hardest when it comes to getting everything required though if you have a good guild it becomes a nonfactor arguement. Conqueror has quite a few high lvl MG already.
    Previous Character: Tres_Iqus 95 MG
    Current Character: Tres Cleric (See level above)
    Conqueror
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009

lol its just funny to see a lvl48 mg talking as if hes all that. from a carebear server no less >.>

spirea lvl9x, pandora lvl9x both spend most their time pvping so i highly doubt anyone would take your advice over theirs b:bye
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I never got to 90+

but from what alot of higher lvl mages told me is that at 89+ you become an equal not gimped or underpowered anymore..

so if you ask me I say its not worth it to lvl a gimped class up to 90+ just so that you finally can become an equal..thats just my opnion anyways..
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
This discussion has been closed.