Graphical Bug with Daevas mount

decalogs
decalogs Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Last night when I got it I noticed that it was very smokey and the black color covered the whole mount.

Like this:
Black%20Hole.jpg

Today however after I logged on, I dont know if it was after I minimized the game or not it looks different.

Like this:
exampleiq5.jpg
w559.png

I tried restarting the game, restarting the computer, same thing so I was just wondering if its just me or everyone.
Post edited by decalogs on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It could be your graphic drivers, the way your system handles the game, a variety of possibilities.

Try tweaking the in-game Settings to turn things off and on to see if it happens again.

Full screen doesn't work right on some user's PCs, so please try to use window mode instead.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The first image is not from our version of the game. Our items may differ from items featured in other versions of Perfect World.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    Good catch Kantorek. What he said.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • decalogs
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Yeah I've already tried changing settings and whtnot. Its not like I'm having a ton of issues, its just this one thing. I am quite sure last night it did not look the way it did now. It seems like after I minimized it it was like this. I tried upgrading my graphic drivers and same thing.

If it is indeed because of the version differences is there someone from the international version that can tell me what it looks like on their screen?
  • kantorek
    edited January 2009
    It should appear with the red glow, just like the 2nd picture you posted.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ok these are not other game screens taken here in PWI its affecting me too and i'm not happy NO settings changed please help us with this mine was fine when i purchased it...

Screens below
    Before
    20090114221200ap5.png
    Today
    20090115151959kt6.png

Bare in mind as i said changed nothing and all i've done is restart this annoys me alot as i paid $30 for this b:cry
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm seeing it like the original picture.

2009-01-15-00-45-32.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It happened to everyone on PY-MY as well. A whole lotta topics about that.

For all intents and purposes, pretend that it was deliberate. Because there's no fixing it, and far as I know, no one has found any reason for it to keep changing around like it does.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • bkendle
    bkendle Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    2009-01-1504-14-23.jpg

here is what its supposed to look like

my friends' swords look different however. how come this one is how its supposed to be but the others i've seen aren't?
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    yeah this is bad i paid a fortune for a buggy looking green sword i doubt i'll use the Cash shop again if the stuff cant even look like its supposed too..
  • bkendle
    bkendle Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    2009-01-1504-28-31.jpg
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    bkendle wrote: »
    2009-01-1504-28-31.jpg

That's the Nakir, not Daevas.

2009-01-15-11-46-45.jpg

Still seeing the Daevas as people seem to like it as. I'm thinking that the people who own it, see it differently than they see others.

For example... if I owned a Daevas. Mine would look how everyone is hating it. But when I look at another's, it looks like how I like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2009
    OK, here's what I need from everyone to help us resolve the issue:

1. Your video card info. Go to start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag.exe and press enter. Click on the Display tab and post everything in the Device and Drivers boxes.
    2. A description of what the Daevas sword looks like on your screen
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Maiya - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    devicedrivers.jpg

2009-01-15-11-46-45.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • decalogs
    edited January 2009
    vidcardle3.jpg
    w701.png

and mine is the wrong look since I am the one that started the thread. I'll mention again that it started it looking the right way when I first got it. Here's a few things I tried that did NOT help:

-unequiping and reequiping
    -restarting game/pc
    -installing new video drivers
    -installing a new version of pw on a different partition
    -deleting settings file from pw folder to revert back to default
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    For my sheer morbid curiosity, can you all tell me the make and model number of your computers?

Dell? MSI? HP/Compaq?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    My brother built my computer with parts he bought online. So I don't think it has a specific model, lol. If I had my laptop (in repairs), I would check to see if Daevas looked the same as it did on my desktop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    edited January 2009
    For the record, and to clear any confusion as to what is correct / incorrect, the "Correct" display for the sword should appear as advertised on our front page / announcements page:

news_-_flying_mounts_1-13-09_-_daevas.jpg

If your blade does NOT look like this, then we will consider it to be a graphical issue.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Signed on one of my other accounts then back on my main and now I see it one like the "official" display.

EDIT: Seeing it like the non-official now... lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    ok this is mine

dxdiagdh1.jpg

sorry my timezone is Australia

i posted above this isn't how i wanted this sword i want it back to how i bought it or can i please get a refund $30 dollars is so much to waste on horrible mount.

My PC is standard put together thing no model Core2Duo 2.33mhz 4gig ram Video above Asus mobo
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Ok i found a fix weird i know i was told to put my new mount into storage and put old mount on then log out the restart PC. Ok re logged in and put on rashnu then took Daevas from storage put it on and look below

looks different again from my other screens but better than the dumb sword...

20090116182933ip1.png

there definitely something wrong with this sword
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    ok did it again all i can say is yessss

20090116185735lj4.png

can i say WTF O.O
  • xbumx
    xbumx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The top pic is the way I think the two swords are supposed to look the one under it was taken after taking off my deavas and putting on my nakir then logging out and back in then switching back. It seems to me that the sword you log out with still equipped will look different then it did when you first got it same goes for the nakir it looks different in pic one then in pic two. And to everyone that doesn’t have the deavas or did not logon with it equipped it will look like pic two. So the way I see it the graphics are wrong on the deavas because everyone other then the person using it will see it as pic two.

untitled4.jpg
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Ok sent two tickets on this please can you look into this i'm tired of having this look **** i'd like a refund if you cant fix it $30 dollars is a bit to waste on junk like this.. thx

Original
    http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/774/daevaswy2.jpg

daevaswy2.jpg
  • Feinrel - Heavens Tear
    Feinrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    same thing happen to me but whit nakir
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I noticed the same thing with a friend's Daevas...it was completely black. I kinda want to do the same thing with my own Daevas...but if it's some sort of exploit, I'm not risking it at all. Still...would look really awesome with my outfit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    Kar_rak - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm having the same issue. The Daeva's Sword looked awesome the first time I had it. Then, I reloged to the game and it was.. well, ugly. I don't like that skin, i prefer the first one (not the black, the other one). I have screenshots if you need them, but as far as i've seen in this thread, all the screenies needed have been already posted. Please, fix this.
    For a true Daeva's and Nakir's Swords! Sign at the post!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.