making a new bm.

truelightofnight
truelightofnight Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Blademaster
hey i am making a hammer/sword bm. im just wondering what skills i should start putting up or if its an overall bad matchup.
Post edited by truelightofnight on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it's a bad match up considering sword has much more dex requirement then sword.

Do Spear/Axe.

Spear>Sword
    Back.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I suggest you focus on one weapon for the moment, then once you're higher level you can start focusing on a 2nd weapon. Hammer is using skills of the -Axe skill tree- and Sword of the -Sword skill tree obviously-. And you won't have enough money & Spirit points early on to be able to maintain both at the same time.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Demodude - Sanctuary
    Demodude - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    I suggest you focus on one weapon for the moment, then once you're higher level you can start focusing on a 2nd weapon. Hammer is using skills of the -Axe skill tree- and Sword of the -Sword skill tree obviously-. And you won't have enough money & Spirit points early on to be able to maintain both at the same time.
    im planning on going dual axe, but at what level is it good to start another tree?
    demodude-BM level 4x (currently 44)-TheRomans executor
    barb-being made soon (what preset should i make? i think im going panda)
    TheRomans guild recruiting 40+ any class pm me or SRAFF in game
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    im planning on going dual axe, but at what level is it good to start another tree?

level 80 +
    Back.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's a bad match up.. personally, I reckon your best bet is to focus on the skills of one main one, but keep the right stats to focus on two weaps. And the ones you focus in should be.. dunno how to explain this... they should be next to each other, kinda, in terms of requirements.

In terms of str requirements, axes need the most, followed by spears, swords then fists. So if you choose you use more than one weapon, it's pretty much gotta be either axes+spear, spear+sword, sword+glove. If you know what I mean.

Ehh.. I'm not feeling fantastically coherent at the moment, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is it a good idea for a PvP Spear BM to get the skills in the Sword tree, but not to lvl any but the last? I couls switch to Sword for a nuke attack after I combo my spear
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Is it a good idea for a PvP Spear BM to get the skills in the Sword tree, but not to lvl any but the last? I couls switch to Sword for a nuke attack after I combo my spear

No, that's a dumb idea.
    Spear skills alone WREAK 1v1.
    Back.
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Spear/Sword

Sword for lvl 59 attack
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Spear/Sword

Sword for lvl 59 attack

He will be wasting so much money and spirit on sword skills considering you can't just jump to the lvl 59 skill, also the lvl 59 spear skill is much better then the 59 sword one.
    Back.