Pet catching questions...

FoxDancing - Lost City
FoxDancing - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
my husband, 16 year old son, and i play this game together, most often my son and i. tonight, we were teamed up to help him clear up some quests, and he was helping me try to catch some pets i had had an eye on. i got the undines i had wanted, but when we tried for the iron hawks and paper lanterns, we got 'resist' messages. my question is-are all the animals in the game catchable, or was it simply a matter of too close a level or something? im a lv 17 velo, and he is a lv17 elf cleric, and we were going after the big birds in the oasis (sorry, my memory for names is very bad). i wanted a flying pet that was neat looking, that i could live with ....dont even mention any bug types to me, ack!...and those looked like they might work. but can they be caught? they are a metal type, and the paper lanterns are fire

has anyone done it? if so, what was the trick?

another question is....can the undines swim? i was thinking it would be good to have backup when hunting underwater.
FoxDancing
@->~
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
*...foxes dance across the hilltops by moonlight...*
Post edited by FoxDancing - Lost City on

Comments

• Sashimi - Lost City
    Sashimi - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Check for the little "animal" icon on the left hand side of the monsters name when you select them.

It is green for mobs that are easy to tame, red for when they are hard to tame. If there is no animal icon at all, the mob can't be tamed.

Mobs are easiest to tame when they are low in life, so it might be good to knock them down close to death as you dare and then try to tame them. Alternative try to time your tame to hit when they are low on life.
  • Sashimi - Lost City
    Sashimi - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Only mobs that are tamed underwater can swim. So the undines that are on the land, can't swim and will be unsummoned if you enter water.
  • FoxDancing - Lost City
    FoxDancing - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    thanks, guys! its been frustrating- catching undines, jumping in the water, and they just stand on the shore, looking at me! ^o^b:thanks

i just wish it were possible to catch the horses and things wandering the villages and towns. i just dont understand why they are there, if not to catch!b:cry
    FoxDancing
    @->~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *...foxes dance across the hilltops by moonlight...*
  • Fearnarcus - Sanctuary
    Fearnarcus - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thanks, guys! its been frustrating- catching undines, jumping in the water, and they just stand on the shore, looking at me! ^o^b:thanks

i just wish it were possible to catch the horses and things wandering the villages and towns. i just dont understand why they are there, if not to catch!b:cry

As soon as I had the 3rd slot I tried catching/taming an Arabian Colt as thought it might be cool having one. (Work in equestrian world in reality and don't actually think they have much Arabian blood!!!!). Realised after killing three how tragically wrong I was taming one.

And I would so like to have a hawk as a fighting pet. They should make a really good flying one - raptor would in reality be a good fighter. But suppose I have to stick with my sawfly.

At least I have two wolves which can satisfy my sentimental side..b:cool