Class abundancy question

Options
Tsuiho - Heavens Tear_1235381814
edited January 2009 in Etherblade (West)
So I'm just starting out with this game and decided on this server. So far fiddled around with a Blademaster and Cleric just a little bit. Trying to decide which one I want to focus on more, and always the important factor for me in any charicter I play is to be one that is going to be actively sought out by people for partys and not a dime a dozen type that will wait around looking for one.

For now im going to assume that the actively sought out one is going to be the healer, but all games/servers are different.

So I ask you, the public of HT, at the higher levels/end levels, which classes are the most sought after for groups. You know, the class you always seem to be waiting to find a free one for before you go off and do whatever you were going to do.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Post edited by Tsuiho - Heavens Tear_1235381814 on

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    1. Barbarian (if you're a tank, throw barb at the very bottom if you try damage only build)
    2. Cleric (if you're a healer, throw cleric at the bottom if full-attack cleric)

3. Veno (for FBs/TT/Dungeons, as puller)

4a. Archer (tie as damage dealer)
    4b. Wizard (tie as damage dealer)

5. Blademaster

Veno waaaaaaay down here for Zhen (a type of group experience grind party)

I'm being over generalized here as there's always situational changes, but in the long scale of the game, thats how it is.
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Cleric / Barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Cleric is the only class needed for every single party. Dead party=fail party
    Barbs(tanks) can be replaced with BMs or veno's herc for melee mobs/bosses albeit higher levels than the barb equivalent . And for magic bosses wiz, archer, another cleric can do the job.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Do not worry

In the Perfect World you are judged not by the content of your character but the color of your skin. Thus everyone will have equal opportunities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    if i had to choose again, id choose VENO (can farm ANYTHING on their own with herc, can kill ANYTHING with phoenix)
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If you want to be sought after, cleric is the way to go. You always need one of them. Preferably two. If you can wrangle it, go for three.

After that it's barb that's wanted. The best tanks around.

After that I would say veno is the third most sought after class actually, although that's a bit iffy. Every party needs a veno for luring, but there are so many of them around the place that odds are it won't be you.

After that it's archer. Sharptooth arrow (dunno what it's called in this version, the one that lowers maximum HP) is a real nifty skill for TT and FBs.

After that it's wizards. Good DDing, but not exactly great in PvE. They'll love you in PvP though.

At the bottom of the heap it's BMs. They can't really tank, they can't really DD.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • VioleTam - Heavens Tear
    VioleTam - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Venos with herc is probably the most wanted. Herc can probably tank most of everything with minimal charm cost and no repair bills.
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So I'm just starting out with this game and decided on this server. So far fiddled around with a Blademaster and Cleric just a little bit. Trying to decide which one I want to focus on more, and always the important factor for me in any charicter I play is to be one that is going to be actively sought out by people for partys and not a dime a dozen type that will wait around looking for one.

For now im going to assume that the actively sought out one is going to be the healer, but all games/servers are different.

So I ask you, the public of HT, at the higher levels/end levels, which classes are the most sought after for groups. You know, the class you always seem to be waiting to find a free one for before you go off and do whatever you were going to do.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Cleric will be your choice, both pvp and pve
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    barb should be your choice, wanted for TT (i got invited to 3-1 because i look cool in tiger mode, didnt even need to tank 8D) and you **** hard in PvP if you play right.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    What everyone has typed before me.

Just remember, there are a TON of other Venos running around ready to pounce on an open slot in a party. So even though they are needed as a puller, you're going to have to be fast to get in. Like, if you are in the middle of killing something and someone shouts over WC for a Veno, by the time you get off one skill and can type, the opening is taken.
    Do not worry

In the Perfect World you are judged not by the content of your character but the color of your skin. Thus everyone will have equal opportunities.

Quoted for truth and hilariousness. XDDD
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    To be honest a healer cleric,
    An FAC cleric (full attack cleric) wont be wanted In parties untill much later on then when they out damage mages they will be wanted :)
    Mages useless completely they do damage but hassle keeping em alive my opinion that's all Don't need mages
    Blademasters.. nothing special
    Barbs good tanks definitely number 2
    venos number 3 for pulling and well venos are good =) even tho I hate em for stealing my thunder >:(
    Archers: prob best damage dealer much better than mage
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I will agree with everyone else's list:
    1. Cleric
    2. Barbarian
    3. Venomancer

However, note that a team of venomancers usually does not need any clerics. Clerics apparently can not heal their pets? But other venomancers can (if they unsummon their own, because their heals will auto-target their own pet).
  • Ravirano - Sanctuary
    Ravirano - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Actually, you don't even have to unsummon your own pet to do that.
    Just selecting the other veno's pet before using the pet healing skill should work just fine.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Actually, you don't even have to unsummon your own pet to do that.
    Just selecting the other veno's pet before using the pet healing skill should work just fine.

I do not have any first hand experience here, but I have been in parties where one venomancer tried that but apparently this did not work because then our other venomancer was explaining that she had to unsummon her pet.
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    cleric (a female one ;))
    barbs are nice for PvP, and venos if you are the pokemon type of person (+ they look nice all furry & stuff)
    as an Archer or BM you'll spend a lot of time alone, trust me... until 60+ they tell me.. but BM is a lot easier to go solo (thats what they are good at.. next to Venos) than the hit&run archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I do not have any first hand experience here, but I have been in parties where one venomancer tried that but apparently this did not work because then our other venomancer was explaining that she had to unsummon her pet.

They were wrong. I've healed another Venomancer's pet with mine out, as well as had my pet healed by another Veno with their pet out, numerous times. Like the poster a few posts up said, A Venomancer can heal another Venomancers pet IF they manually target that other Venomancers pet.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    To be honest a healer cleric,
    An FAC cleric (full attack cleric) wont be wanted In parties untill much later on then when they out damage mages they will be wanted :)
    So if they're only wanted when the FAC outdamages the mage, that would mean they're never wanted.
    I don't care what the FAC propaganda says, comparing a full int cleric with M.Att buff using Tempest to a heavy armour mage using a level 1 skill isn't a valid comparison. In any even fair comparison the mage outdamages the cleric.
    You got gypped with your choice of veno then, because it appears they don't know how to play.