Full Support Cleric

Options
Halvix - Sanctuary
Halvix - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Cleric
Im looking for all the skills that are worth getting for supporting my squad. And if u have a little more time can u add in the attack skills i would need too? Thanks a appreciate it.
Post edited by Halvix - Sanctuary on

Comments

• IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ironheart Blessing is your number one heal. level that up as much as u can. Plume Shot and Great Cyclone is attack u need to worry about right now.
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Halvix - Sanctuary
    Halvix - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    what about buffs and other side skills?
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If you really do want to focus 100% on support, Plume Shot and Great Cyclone are more than enough you'll ever need for fighting enemies and grinding.

Oh, and get Plume Shell. Your safety = parties safety.

Definitely max Ironheart Blessing as soon as possible, as was mentioned above. Also level your Revive - this skill, as much as others argue about it, is godly and means a lot to your party members/friends/faction. When max, this skill will cut someones experience loss by 90%. It's not obscenely expensive to level and you will forever have the gratitude of the players you use it on.

Obviously max all your buffs (well, except C. Guardian. This is entirely up to you - it's expensive to raise and honestly, I don't think the effects from it are exactly noticeable) and get the AoE versions if you wish.

Another skill I've found useful but entirely up for debate is Lv1 of Stream of Rejuvination. I've found this skill to be a great top-up for the tank if they suddenly get hit with a random spike or their health starts to lag a little empty, even under IH.

At 59 you'll be wanting to get Blue Bubble and Red Bubble, leaving Tempest until last. Make sure you get the bubbles first. You'll use these when zhenning, when TTing and quite often in other situations also (such as against AoE bosses.)

Oh, how could I forget - Purify. Another amazing Cleric skill. I wouldn't push to level this as soon as the upgrade is available unless you can afford it, but definitely make it second inline on your list of priorities. The quicker you can remove negative effects, especially dangerous ones such as Amplified Damage, the better.

These are all my own opinions, mind you. Someone may come in and bring up something I've told you and entirely disagree with it. Just read everything everyone says and figure it out on your own. If you level a wrong skill - oh well, go grind a little and top up your spirit to buy a better one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FinalEcstasy - Heavens Tear
    FinalEcstasy - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    At 59 you'll be wanting to get Blue Bubble and Red Bubble, leaving Tempest until last. Make sure you get the bubbles first. You'll use these when zhenning, when TTing and quite often in other situations also (such as against AoE bosses.)

mind if i ask what are those bubble skills you mentioned?b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥=Signature by Semyezza=♥
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Regeneration Aura (blue bubble) and Heaven's Wrath (red bubble), get the AOE buffs. Get celestial guardian eventually, as it'll really help your mp upkeep since you'll never go into "fight" mode as full support in a party. Max Ironheart. Get Stream of Rejuvination and WellSpring Surge. Great Cyclone and Plume Shot. Skip Wield Thunder for last when you have excess. I'd say Tempest is the more important of the two as a support cleric, dunno. Either way, they're still second to your heals.
  • Pynk - Sanctuary
    Pynk - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    What's the diff between Ironheart and Wellspring? Do I need both? From advice on the boards I've raised my Ironheart but I do have Wellspring at lvl1. Just wondering what the difference is and if I should go to the expense of raising both.

Thanks.
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    What's the diff between Ironheart and Wellspring? Do I need both? From advice on the boards I've raised my Ironheart but I do have Wellspring at lvl1. Just wondering what the difference is and if I should go to the expense of raising both.

Thanks.

Ironheart is heal over time, and very cost effective in terms of the mana you use. Wellspring surge is fast, but it doesn't heal much and how much you use it depends on your playing style.

Wellspring is good to have when you need an instant heal, so if someone was really low on HP, and you can't wait for ironheart to kick in.
  • Pynk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thank you. That being the case, I may very well up Wellspring as I have died while waiting for Ironheart to cast and a pot to take full effect!
  • silverkitty
    silverkitty Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Just don't rely on Wellspring as a primary heal for tanks v. bosses.
    It has emergency uses but you can't cast it fast enough to make up the difference from what stacked Iron Hearts would give the tank instead.
  • Rhiannyl - Heavens Tear
    Rhiannyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i was supposed to get skills but haven't gotten them..any way to post a list of skills and where/how to get them skill tree tells what lvls,so don't need that. Ty!
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thank you. That being the case, I may very well up Wellspring as I have died while waiting for Ironheart to cast and a pot to take full effect!

not worth it very much...if you keep track over your hp you will only use iron heart + staking it is the most useful heal for any situation.

And if you wanna double kick iron heart, make your self some hp pills (4000 hp)
    depending on your level it will mega boost your heal, something that no other can do
    b:dirty
  • tweenskeet
    tweenskeet Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Just don't forget, Ironheart stacks. <3

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331
  • Pynk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I used Wellspring on myself to check cast time. I felt that Wellspring actually had a longer cast time. I'll be keeping my Ironheart. And I will admit to upping, I think it's Pureheart. The one everyone says not to because it takes so long. But I only use it after the battle is over or after I've stacked a couple of Ironhearts.

Although now that I've hit lvl 30 with my cleric... more decisions on what to spend those sp on!
  • SATII - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I used Wellspring on myself to check cast time. I felt that Wellspring actually had a longer cast time. I'll be keeping my Ironheart. And I will admit to upping, I think it's Pureheart. The one everyone says not to because it takes so long. But I only use it after the battle is over or after I've stacked a couple of Ironhearts.

Although now that I've hit lvl 30 with my cleric... more decisions on what to spend those sp on!

Wellspring takes 1.5 seconds versus Ironheart's 1 second channel. Wellspring is 10x better than Purehearted in that sole fact that it take half the time to channel versus Purehearted. Purehearted does heal more than Wellspring, but when you or your tank needs a quick heal, Wellspring is the best choice until you learn Stream of Rejuvination. A 3 second channel instant heal just... isn't an instant heal at all.
  • basherboy357
    basherboy357 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Personally I wouldnt want a full-support cleric anyway.

What if you cant find a squad for w/e youre doing?
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I leveled up my wellspring becuase i tend to not like getting the tanks hp under half incase they have a charm i don't like it to tick so i use wellspring to bring it up. However, i find that even if a tank runs into battle when i am not prepared, i have enough time to stack ironheart to bring their health up before they die.

Also, I play a ful support cleric and its easy to find a squad. When i can't find a squad its not that hard to kill normal mobs anyways. Can't take on fbs and stuff alone though. b:surrender
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I honestly don't get why anyone goes FA or full support. I'm lvl 41 now, i've upped my plume and cyclone whenever they're up, upped my ironheart and upped my buffs even thought the buffs are slightly lagging behind, 1-2 ranks because of lack of spirit.

Put most of m points into mag, enough str for equipment and i have 30 in vit. Noticed sometimes 300hp was about what i was missing to survive some bosses 1 shotting me, even with hp+shards. Now i dont get 1 shotted by them anymore.

I mean doing what i did you'll 3-4 shot any mob 1-2 lvls above you, keep anyone healed up with IB maxed and if you need a group heal, i use soon, the light. It's the best of both worlds. Have the best heals needed, have the attacks needed. Why anyone would want to forget heals and buffs and just get attacks or just get heals and buffs and forget attacks is beyond me. You have the spirit to get both, concentrate on the important stuff.

And stay away from LA. We have plume shield, you don't need LA. Mages go LA because they don't have plume shield, we do, so dont do it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wellspring takes 1.5 seconds versus Ironheart's 1 second channel. Wellspring is 10x better than Purehearted in that sole fact that it take half the time to channel versus Purehearted. Purehearted does heal more than Wellspring, but when you or your tank needs a quick heal, Wellspring is the best choice until you learn Stream of Rejuvination. A 3 second channel instant heal just... isn't an instant heal at all.
    Haha, get BOTH to lv10 and come say that again.

Purehearted lv10 = Stream of Rejuvenation lv5 in terms of amount healed instantly.
    Wellspring may be fast, but it should only be used on mages/archers or to quickly fill the tanker HP.

In case the tanker is at half hp, 1-2 pureheart will put him at full hp again and even cause some overhealing.
    Personally I wouldnt want a full-support cleric anyway.

What if you cant find a squad for w/e youre doing?
    You learn plume shot that is cheap as f*** and kill things on nearly same speed as most other classes.
  • SATII - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sure Purehearted heals a crapload of HP compared to other heals, but when your fighting a boss and your tank just took spike damage, which would you prefer: a 3 second heal to heal half the tank's hp but risk him dying to the next hit or a 1.5second heal that'll get his hp high enough out of the red zone. The viability of a heal depends on its usefulness in the midst of a battle. Outside of battle means nothing. If we're talking purely the amount of healing, there's nothing wrong with using wellspring twice. It'll only take ~1 more second than using 1 purehearted.
  • Seilen - Heavens Tear
    Seilen - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I honestly don't get why anyone goes FA or full support. I'm lvl 41 now, i've upped my plume and cyclone whenever they're up, upped my ironheart and upped my buffs even thought the buffs are slightly lagging behind, 1-2 ranks because of lack of spirit.

Put most of m points into mag, enough str for equipment and i have 30 in vit. Noticed sometimes 300hp was about what i was missing to survive some bosses 1 shotting me, even with hp+shards. Now i dont get 1 shotted by them anymore.

I mean doing what i did you'll 3-4 shot any mob 1-2 lvls above you, keep anyone healed up with IB maxed and if you need a group heal, i use soon, the light. It's the best of both worlds. Have the best heals needed, have the attacks needed. Why anyone would want to forget heals and buffs and just get attacks or just get heals and buffs and forget attacks is beyond me. You have the spirit to get both, concentrate on the important stuff.

And stay away from LA. We have plume shield, you don't need LA. Mages go LA because they don't have plume shield, we do, so dont do it. b:victory

You have 3 choices,
    1) full support, thats mean you invest all your spirit to healing and buff/support skills (you can spent very little spirit on atack and debufs untill 70)
    2) full atack, all spirit invested into atack skills and debufs (you dont have much spirit for healing and support skills)
    3) or go medicore and have some skills from each or more of them but on lower levels.

Around level 80+ you are able get all skills so diference betwen all disapear with exception for sage/demon preferencies.
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    In lower 20 lvls I had a real hard time staying alive. But once I got past 25, things just seemed to go smoother. Or maybe I just figured out how to combo/kite/fly as needed. I haven't had hardly any trouble lately. Levels come a little slow as I have to pay attention to what I'm killing and adjust as needed. I've never had a problem finding a squad, they usually find me as they are happy to have a cleric around.

Just last night, a mage and I cleared off a bunch of stuff equal to our lvls and I could kill mobs and heal him enough to keep him alive and killing. I do have an hp charm right now, but as long as I stay on top, I don't need it. I use my mp pots and am doing really well. Just got mantous and will be learning/using them.

Sure, I'd like tons of sp to buy every spell out there, but you just have to make smart choices and you'll be fine. I've learned alot from these boards. Study and ask questions and you can do whatever you want to do.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sure Purehearted heals a crapload of HP compared to other heals, but when your fighting a boss and your tank just took spike damage, which would you prefer: a 3 second heal to heal half the tank's hp but risk him dying to the next hit or a 1.5second heal that'll get his hp high enough out of the red zone. The viability of a heal depends on its usefulness in the midst of a battle. Outside of battle means nothing. If we're talking purely the amount of healing, there's nothing wrong with using wellspring twice. It'll only take ~1 more second than using 1 purehearted.
    Wellspring being cast twice takes about 7 seconds. While a single pureheart is 4 seconds to heal. Stream 3,5 seconds.

Stream will ONLY heal more than purehearted at lvs 7-10, anything lower, you should REALLY consider using purehearted on max level (665 hp + 40% of matk), not only for the huge amount healed, but low mana cost aswell (almost half of a stream low lv).
  • chewy3
    chewy3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Klath where did you even get that number? Wellspring is 1.5 channel 1s cast for 2.5s or 5s total for 2 casts?

Also lvl 1 stream already surpasses pure heart at lvl 10 so I'm further confused here or did you mean in spike healing?
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Plus 1 second cooldown in-between casts.
    Also lvl 1 stream already surpasses pure heart at lvl 10 so I'm further confused here or did you mean in spike healing?
    Where did you get that from? o_O

Stream lv1 = 690 + 23% matk
    Purehearted lv10 = 665 + 40% matk

Trust me, the fixed number is near worthless when comparing heals.

10% of my matk is about 500 more healed.
  • chewy3
    chewy3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    doesn't mean you can just omit it. its 17% in matk so its ~850 extra healed vs what 690 HoT? virtually the same.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You have 3 choices,
    1) full support, thats mean you invest all your spirit to healing and buff/support skills (you can spent very little spirit on atack and debufs untill 70)
    2) full atack, all spirit invested into atack skills and debufs (you dont have much spirit for healing and support skills)
    3) or go medicore and have some skills from each or more of them but on lower levels.

Around level 80+ you are able get all skills so diference betwen all disapear with exception for sage/demon preferencies.

But you can still get all your support skills and plume and cyclone maxed constantly without lagging behind. A support cleric who doesn't get plume or cyclone is choosing not to so he can up debuffs instead i guess. Theres enough spirit for cyclone, plume, rez, IB and your buffs.

I see what you mean on point 2 now. They get all the debuffs instead of buffs and heals. I haven't touched the debuffs because for pve i find them next to useless still. Already i 2-3 shot a mob, the debuffs wouldnt do anything. will pickup the sleep one thought when its available. But taking debuffs over heals and buffs would be more for a pvp server im guessing, since on a pve server it's next to useless so far.

I disagree about mediocre on point 3. I have plume and cyclone maxed, so theres my damage. I have rez maxed, IB maxed. Metal mastery is 1 behind, other buffs are maxed as is soon the light. So i have everything needed for solo play 2-3 shot killing maxed, and my buffs, heal and rez maxed.

I still say unless you're going for late, late game pvp, investing into the debuffs is a bad idea. The debuffs are useless in pve, and you won't be using your debuffs in pvp until you get sleep at 49 anyway. so thats 49 lvls of raising debuffs you wont use. Seems kinda of bleh to me, but whatever people like b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]