Eyes of the Krimson Beyond

Baneslayer - Lost City
Baneslayer - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I've heard mixed views on this boss. So I'm making this thread to clear it up for myself and others who might be wondering the same thing... is this guy untouchable? No one, and I mean NO ONE ever wants to help with him. And I'm always told that he's untankable 'til level 85+. But then I read a post on here saying some people did it at 60 or so. So, which is it? Incomprehensibly powerful or not so bad once you understand what makes him tick?
Post edited by Baneslayer - Lost City on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Was in a party the other day with a level 64 tanker. Killed it just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Difficult - Yes.
    Impossible - No

You will need a good tank and a couple of healers for Krimson. Suggested a well equipped barb lvl 70+ and two healers (50-60+) for easy killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's because he has a skill that brings a 6x wb from full hp to |-......................| (- being hp, . being lost hp) on their hp bar. If you use a 6x wb your gonna need 2 clerics spamming IB like crazy or 2 7x+ clerics.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The clerics gotta know what they're doing though. Decent organisation is needed. Personally, I wouldn't really trust a tank under level 70 on it

There's also a way to kill him solo with a good archer, but I think it most likely counts as a bug. Kinda the way WFs can flying bug things.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Baneslayer - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I heard about the massive debuff. What about purify? Seems like that could be useful for that. Anyway, what else is needed? I mean, are the clerics and barb the only real must haves?

PS. Thanks for the quick replies.
  • SATII - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    DD's. Your gonna want to take him down ASAP cause he's a pain in the ****.
  • Baneslayer - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    So, if I have decent clerics who know what they're doing. Then I fill the rest of the slots with level 60-70 archers, wizards, bladers; could I tank it at my level? I've had this boss for over two weeks now, and I'm sick of it.

Edit: Obviously I'll have a guardian charm.
  • SATII - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    At 61? I doubt you'd survive. You could try I suppose. My tank was a 66wb I think. The lowest his hp ever went was ~1/6-1/7 with a low 7x cleric and me in my 5x. There could've been another cleric upper 5x low 6x... I don't remember though. But the tank did die once. I had a 7x veno and 6x archer (flying for some reason) and a 5x wb as DD's.
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I tanked that mob at lv 60 just fine. If you have a cleric who has decent level purify you will be ok. In the other hand, if your cleric doesn't purify you, you'll be ****ed at level 60.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can kill him with a L60ish party or even high 50s. He is a pain in the **** but not impossible, as others have said. If you have a lower level party, just take an additional Cleric. If I remember correctly we had 3 Clerics when we killed him the first time with a comparatively low level group. Just tell the tank to turn the baddie away from the group when he's tanking him, so the frontside AoE won't hit the entire group. And yes, use purify. Lots. He also tends to lose aggro when he lost around half of his health, so be prepared for that. If the tank can quickly regain aggro, it usually is not really a problem either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    Xanthir - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I tanked it at 58 with 2 clerics. It's the barb's job to have high HP and high phys def, it's the clerics' jobs to keep him alive. As long as the barb has good equips and spams ripping bite, the rest is up to the clerics.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i heard (this may be compltely untrue frankly i havent been able to test) that the more damage you deal to him the more he deals back, but i have seen tanks go down even when no real DD on him so i cant say for sure, its something an experienced barb would have to say
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sigh. Krimson has a skill which lowers your PHYSICAL DEFENSE. It means, that you will need to be healed as normally in tanking AND purified with a decent level purify.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Not impossible I believe. A bm in my guild tanked him with 3 clerics when he was lvl60, but then he had a charm for safety.
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    Larkel - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Krimson isn't impossible. What's funny is that every single person that I have ran into minus very few. Think all bosses must be done with a lvl 80 tank and cleric, lol. It's ridiculous.

I got a group together for Krimson all same level believe it or not. Though the tank was 65, but everyone else was 59-61. In the group had 1 tank, 1 cleric, 2 venos, and a wizard. It went very smoothly. Just have to have the right mindset. But I went to help another group and I had to leave early and was told it was Epic fail and it was the same exact group set up. I'm not sure how many times they tried.

I think if everyone thinks it is impossible it will be. If you have the right group and everyone is doing their part shouldn't have a problem. You have to figure out what the bosses weakness and who should be tanking. There is always a catch somewhere.

There is four people now that I do bosses with and they are all 60's. We have conquered every single boss together and just went from one to the other slaughtering. The tank is lvl 62, 2 veno's 59-62, cleric and a wizard as I said before. I'm sure they know who they are if they read the boards lol. We haven't done mantavip yet, but we are going to do it soon. I'll let you know how that goes. b:victory
  • MilkyX - Sanctuary
    MilkyX - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Whats your max hp?that matters alot..
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    From what I have seen, it is not that he loses aggro in the middle, it is that he will turn and run along the ridge. But, this seems to be the source of a lot of the worst failures (even when a group knows they need to be countering his de-buff). First, if you have all the healers and damage dealers behind him to avoid his AOE, at this point he runs right into them and looks like he has taken aggro on one of them. Second, since the ridge top is narrow, the tank can have a hard time catching up to Krimson and can indeed lose aggro at this point - particularly if he falls off the ridge. Finally, if the tank manages to chase Krimson down, the AOE attack will now be right through the support team unless they have repositioned (which can distract them from heals and purifies).
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My FB59 group killed him for me before the FB, I got one shotted when I try to amplify, so if you are a robe, stay as far as you could. :)
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sigh. Krimson has a skill which lowers your PHYSICAL DEFENSE. It means, that you will need to be healed as normally in tanking AND purified with a decent level purify.

Yes, so? Any Cleric worth their salt can heal and spam Purify at the same time. And you won't go after Krimson without at least 2 Clerics usually, so that's not really a problem. As for the Purify having to be high level: errrm.. no. I am fairly certain mine was only lowest level when we killed Krimson (and we did multiple times btw.). You can interchange Purify with the other healer, so it's getting spammed lots despite the slower recharge. That's what we did. All I can say is that is was obviously good enough to kill that guy.

In general that's much in line with what Larkel said above. People in PW seem to be obsessed with the idea that you can do every minor thing only with super high levels. I see sooo many party requests for bosses or FBs where people look for players with ridiculously high levels. I am still waiting to see the first "Looking for Level 70+ tank to kill Florafang" message....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have had barbs in their lower 60s tank it. The eye won't aoe if only the barb attacks, takes a long time to kill him but that is how I personally like it.

I have been there to help kill the eye many many times, too many I lost count. Starting in my 40s or 50s. Right now, I could heal alone in this. But yes if the cleric has done the eye enough times, same as the tank, it isn't that hard, just a pain. You just have to multi-task and plan right. When the eye starts running if the tank stays where he is and clerics stop healing, it will come back. If the clerics keep healing, well, you know they will take the aggro. And I like to fly to be sure he won't run me off the cliff.

But basically you would Ironheart stack from the start, tank runs in, keep ironheart, the second the debuff is on, purify, continue to ironheart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Did krimson back when i was 61, with a squad 59-62.
    Yes we had 2 healers, one used bubble, another purified.

But few levels later, done him again with only 1 healer, first attempt was bad, second was perfect. All you have to do is pay attention on his casting animation (use F9 and zoom in), and when he starts his debuff animation, hit purify key.

Later on you will do a boss that hits twice as harder and has a lot more hp, so taking practice on this will be necessary.
  • Rlkku - Heavens Tear
    Rlkku - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I was just going to ask this as well, it seems no one wants or could help me fight Dragon of Depths and Krimson boss, if any high level players in Heavens Tear has experience in fighting him, could you please help me with him??? My name is all caps except the letter L which i used lowercase in place of an i, plz let me know. I'll be online around 10:30pm tonight in eastern time, or like 12 hours from now since my post has been made
    ~~Romanian Princess~~
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As everyone has said, Krimson isn't as bad as most people make him out to be... The ONLY thing that makes him hard at all is his debuff that lowers the tanks Physical Defence to pretty much nothing and will kill him in a few hits even with ironheart stacked... Anyone that goes after him needs a few clerics thats can coordinate their purtify to hit at opposite times or else get a few that have a high lvl purify... Nothing about purify changes as the lvl goes up except the recharge time gets shorter with each lvl... Thats the only thing, make sure you have clerics you can trust to not spazz out w/ having to do more than one thing at a time...haha b:victory
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Is krimson harder then Juwel? Both bosses it is hardly impossible to find help, and I hear about both bosses they are the hardest in game (exept world/fb bosses). And are they harder then Mantavip? Also a badass... Let's ask the question simpeler: What is the hardest boss in the game if you dont count world/fb bosses?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Is krimson harder then Juwel? Both bosses it is hardly impossible to find help, and I hear about both bosses they are the hardest in game (exept world/fb bosses). And are they harder then Mantavip? Also a badass... Let's ask the question simpeler: What is the hardest boss in the game if you dont count world/fb bosses?

I think if a lvl 40 face a lvl 60 boss... it will be difficult...
    Same goes for a lvl 80 facing a lvl 100 boss... it will be difficult too...

So conclusion, there's no hardest boss... It depend on the tactics and team with you... Boss at your own level can or lvl 10-20 higher can be killed... Only how long it will takes... and how much HP/MP it will cost...=)

From my lvl so far, I think Krimson is the hardest compared to Empyrean Sliter which is lvl 70 (And Krimson is 60)... Of course, I have not tried other Boss like what 'king kong' or whatever... But since Krimson can be use in the cube... i think, its' a difficult boss...
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've heard mixed views on this boss. So I'm making this thread to clear it up for myself and others who might be wondering the same thing... is this guy untouchable? No one, and I mean NO ONE ever wants to help with him. And I'm always told that he's untankable 'til level 85+. But then I read a post on here saying some people did it at 60 or so. So, which is it? Incomprehensibly powerful or not so bad once you understand what makes him tick?

I tanked it twice in one day with two clerics..
    its a bit overrated, then again it killed the 8x BM in our party...
    O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • _Gaurdian_ - Lost City
    _Gaurdian_ - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    omg lolb:laugh
    b:sin ill pk you all eventually....
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My 2 cents here is that this guy is very deadly as even his AoE can just whipe you out if you are not high enough level but more importantly...He is totally not worth killing. Your reward for this guy is utterly laughable considering how hard he is to kill. a Scarlet fruit...That is your reward...Not even any real SP or EXP besides the Fruit. The only reason to kill this guy is if you desperately need 80K (from selling the Fruit, assuming you do not take so much cash to kill him as to make it not worth it) or you want Reputation (the numeric kind) so bad you would do anything to get it. I had a high level party steam roll him for me (I still died *rolls eyes* but I got back in time for his death) and when it was over I all but regretted even bothering.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    omg lolb:laugh
    wtf were you looking at posts back in march/january for >_>? you bumped it from its grave to say omg? shame on you
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    He's not overly difficult, most people just fail at their characters.

You need a cleric who can actually purify (lvl5 or so). We did it with 6x's and a BM tank. 1 cleric purifying/healing, the other in Blue Bubble. Not rocket science.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]