REFINE BUG? during server downtime? GM help?

Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
yesterday i got my legendary 70 magic sword from +0 - +5 with only 1 fail and only used 4 tisha stones. now today after the servers came right back up i used over 100 mirages and many more stones and it keeps on failing on me. i wasted over 4m for nothing and weapon never made it pass+2 now on +1 b:cryb:cry can a GM or someone tell whats the %rate of each lvl to the next with stones pls. i was really pissed off today after i passed to +5 w/o any effort before the server downtime. if this is really bugged can a GM do a rollback on the last hour pls. b:surrender b:sad
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Please send in a ticket to Customer Support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Please send in a ticket to Customer Support.

will that bring back my old weapon or just fix the bug w/o compensation? just wanna know ahead of time.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am a Forum Moderator not a staffmember so I can't answer this. Only an actual staffmember can tell you this and you will get them through the ticketing system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't know the exact %s. Getting +1 is easy around 90% or so. Getting +2 is under 50%. Getting +3 is under 10%, some say like 4%. +4 plummetting below 1% and +5 even lower still. There is no bug, you just got EXTREMELY lucky on your first attempt to get up to +5.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    ok ive sumbitted the ticket but not sure if it'll help me or not. b:sad
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I don't know the exact %s. Getting +1 is easy around 90% or so. Getting +2 is under 50%. Getting +3 is under 10%, some say like 4%. +4 plummetting below 1% and +5 even lower still. There is no bug, you just got EXTREMELY lucky on your first attempt to get up to +5.
    are those % with stones? i have tryed to +3 a few times before and it wasnt that hard as during the last hour and i always use stones for +2 and higher. this is got to be the worst refineing exp ever ...i think its more like a bugged server issue that is affecting it. b:surrender
    edited January 2009
    The stones don't seem to raise the % by an aweful lot. Most people will buy the (very expensive) dragon orbs, which guarentee the refine for any # of +s up to the # of stars the dragon orb has. Noone i've ever spoken to has reported much success using those Tisha stones.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    The stones don't seem to raise the % by an aweful lot. Most people will buy the (very expensive) dragon orbs, which guarentee the refine for any # of +s up to the # of stars the dragon orb has. Noone i've ever spoken to has reported much success using those Tisha stones.

but their were 2 stones there and both says rises refine greatly, what does greatly mean then?
    edited January 2009
    but their were 2 stones there and both says rises refine greatly, what does greatly mean then?

Greatly could mean it doubles the chance (i dont know the exact increase). However doubling 0.5% only = 1%. Doubling 0.1% (the probably +5 success rate) only = 0.2%. The wording is misleading to the actual result.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    may i ask where u get this info from coz im not sure if its reliable. b:shocked
    any gm can confirm this pls?
    edited January 2009
    may i ask where u get this info from coz im not sure if its reliable. b:shocked
    any gm can confirm this pls?

Already told you i don't know the exact percentages because noone has ever given this to us, anywhere. So i doubt a GM is going to respond to you now with the chance percentages. But just talk to other players, and not just one or two. Speak to high levels with alot of refinements, speak to as many people as you can find. Eventually you'll come to the same numbers i have, most are quoted from a consensus of others i've spoken to, although not everyone will agree. Unfortunately, there is no information given to us to verify anything.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Already told you i don't know the exact percentages because noone has ever given this to us, anywhere. So i doubt a GM is going to respond to you now with the chance percentages. But just talk to other players, and not just one or two. Speak to high levels with alot of refinements, speak to as many people as you can find. Eventually you'll come to the same numbers i have, most are quoted from a consensus of others i've spoken to, although not everyone will agree. Unfortunately, there is no information given to us to verify anything.

how come only u in forum knows about this and no one else? are u making this stuff up or wat? b:surrender
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I heard the highest was a +9 using those stones in MY-EN before they implemented the Dragon Ball. It was the only +9 in the server. Nonetheless, I believe it's a scam. The % is just too low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    search the stones on pwdatabase.com they suck, hence dragon orbs, hence so few highly refined pieces (and of course transfer stone not implementedb:angry)
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    how come only u in forum knows about this and no one else? are u making this stuff up or wat? b:surrender

No need to talk like this, she is just trying to help you out based on the best of her knowledge, you should have appreciate her help instead saying something like this.

And yes, based on what I have experienced, you are trying your luck if you do not use DO. Few weeks ago, me and a friend both in City of lost to refine our HH70 weapon, I used 4 mirages to get my weapon to +2, that’s 100% success rate, he use almost 50 mirages to just get his weapon to +2. We consider I was extremely lucky and he is extremely unlucky that day.
  • Formaldahide - Sanctuary
    Formaldahide - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i used the stunes on ether server, got a 100% succes on first 2 refines and had to do 5 refines on my armor, to get it to +3, after that i guess mu luck ranout til i started to use orbs, wasted alot f cel stones
  • decalogs
    decalogs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What happened to u is hardly a bug, u got lucky the first time around but I highly doubt u will again with these. You got lucky with +5 but getting to +4 with these is already hard enough. Obviously the chance is not that high, or there would be no reason to use dragon orbs.