Patch 62 is LIVE!

aryannamage
aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Support Desk
Please see the links and mirrors here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242

Due to technical issues there won't be a manual patch tonight. We apologize and hope to have one up in the morning.

Here the tasks.data and element.data to download for tonight.

Overwrite your files in:

?:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\data

If you are afraid anything could go wrong, change the .data extensions in your current files to .dataBACKUP and go ahead and paste the new files in.

Afterwards please start the auto patcher again and try to get the rest done. If you are still experiencing difficultys please close the patcher and launcher then restart everything this may have to be repeated several times but does work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aryannamage on

Comments

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Indeed we are working on putting up the manual patches for 1-62, 60-62, and 59-62. There are some technical difficulties in posting them now. We will try to fix it asap. Thanks for your patience.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Lothiel - Heavens Tear
    Lothiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Although i have downloaded the task and element files, i'm still running the game version 60 and get stuck to an .ecm file while trying to upgrade.

I'm compulsively trying to update but cannot get it completed.b:angry

Any suggestion would be appreciated.b:cry
  • mahtty
    mahtty Posts: 3
    edited January 2009
    same prb.... the pach 60 givs mi the same error then try over end over to update eny sugestion pls? tob:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Kpoxa - Heavens Tear
    Kpoxa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    "Client running.
    Unable to proceed with update "
    Nothing more.
    Waiting. b:cry
  • BaRaKKa - Lost City
    BaRaKKa - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Mine also do not work that sucks b:cry
  • Lothiel - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Patcher verifying files atm, well it will take ages but maybe it will work again once completed.
  • Lothiel - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Ha ha ha, stuck again at .ecm file and no solution to apply.

I love the maintenance days.....b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry

Grrr and limited to 4 images.
  • Hicollein - Heavens Tear
    Hicollein - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Still impossible to update. WHY oh WHY... :(
    Evolution is a battle between what exists and what is yet to come...
  • kraxone
    kraxone Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Admin make a post with all files we need for version 62 ... ( elements , tasks and gshop pls ( omg Admin i`m getting crazzy here can`t u do something ???? with those files ? )
  • Weapdragones - Heavens Tear
    Weapdragones - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    is there another link to the patch? i did download the files u mention but it still say 'my client is to low, please up date' b:cry
  • Joeyl - Sanctuary
    Joeyl - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    kraxone wrote: »
    dunno why but pls Admin make a post with all files we need for version 62 ... ( elements , tasks and gshop pls
    been waiting for hours for the manual patch now....and the auto update isnt working >=l
  • Joeyl - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    UGH b:shockedb:angry still nothing
  • buraka
    buraka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there an ETA on the 59-62 patch? Please don't let this be the second week without PW!
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wow i found this thread by sheer accident... but thank god XD ive been going nuts trying to get the patcher to update. but i did all that she said and it worked. so thank you Admins and Mods!!!! I WUV YOU ALL!!!!!
    Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When I get in the office later (about and hour and a half from now), I will try and get caught up on what is going on with the patches and such.

One solution that you can try is to do the 1-59 manual patch, and to keep re-trying the auto-patch.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok i have a suggestion, cuz i did this without thinking and JUST realized it
    when you DL it off that site, it will do the save as bit and it will try and use the name element_1
    well i looked at it and said well thats not right... it has to REPLACE the elements file, not make a new one. because the one already on your comps is element.data so try resaving it as element.data rather element_1.data
    if this was no help, i apologize in advance. if it works, then its just one more mistaske i made that helped ^_^

But it worked for me and im online and playing. so try that if everything else fails.
    Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
  • white7
    white7 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It works for me, those links in this topic are ok, but thats such a problem to zip whole patch and upload it on rapidshare.com?
  • Joeyl - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I've tried that, and it still doesn't work...but i am trying a different thing, might be able to get it to work, thank you though for the help. :)
  • roger123
    roger123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ive never been able to get the auto updater to work before but i just tried it a second ago and it worked! b:laugh

edit: ok now im getting unexpected software errors when i try to log in. D:
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    I am hunting down engineers to get the manual patches posted.

Wish me luck! b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • mrjockemon
    mrjockemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    white7 wrote: »
    It works for me, those links in this topic are ok, but thats such a problem to zip whole patch and upload it on rapidshare.com?

no, why did you not do it?

http://rapidshare.com/files/183235880/patch62.rar
  • Darkglory - Heavens Tear
    Darkglory - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Um yea im locked out for a whole day!?!?! Thx i just hit 48 also -_- but i guess i can wait. Might wana think about forgeting the box patcher (The one that the box pops up) and just do the ones that the bars move in the laucher. The box one always failed for me since it first came out
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    Manual patches are forthcoming. My guesstimate is under 3 hours. Will post here with updates.
    edited January 2009
    Well, I guess that aint that bad.....Ill be waiting, darth so far you have never let me down so keep up the work dude!
  • DyingSun - Heavens Tear
    DyingSun - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Under 3 hours? Well I suppose it could be worse. Thanks for the effort guys!b:victory
    edited January 2009
    Dude aint as bad as my old game Last Chaos, ALL severs went down for 48 hours.....that was bad... but to see a new areo its worth it, what they guna be 30g now??
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    As I've stated before, manual patches are LOW on the priority list compared to other things that need to be done.

It also doesn't help that China is enjoying Chinese New Year, and as a result, some here in the office, and others in China, are enjoying their holiday times.

Which makes things more challenging to get done on schedule.

So please be patient. b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    Manual patches are LIVE here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

all servers are being hit, please be patient while we work to get the mirrors up. Thanks
  • roger123
    roger123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Good job thanks.
    edited January 2009
    Darth rules!
This discussion has been closed.