Fastest Way Of Getting Coin

Options
PhantomDrake - Sanctuary
PhantomDrake - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I'm a BM in sanctuary and I'm having some trouble getting coin. What I want to find out is, the fastest or best method of earning coin.
Post edited by PhantomDrake - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I jut sell DQ items for money. b:chuckle
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Grinding and selling DQ items seems to be the best.

Whenever you see a resource (Iron, sandstone, black iron, etc.) mine it if you have inventory space. Those can sometimes be sold to other players for decent prices, and save you from buying them to manufacture.

Also, don't teleport. It's expensve, especially don't take the >1000 coin ones, a couple 200 trips now and then are okay as long as you go a long distance on it.

Also...
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=125991
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol. YAY! another person that doesn't fly. I felt like me and my bf were the only one flying everywhere. we rarely teleport. lol
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sell your DQs to finance you up to level 60s, then start doing TT and selling the mats from that. That's the way it generally works.

Of course, it's not so easy since you're a BM.

You see, when it comes to PvE teamwork, BMs are what scientists refer to as "bloody useless". You can't tank, and you can't DD... So have fun trying to find a party for that.

Although, having said that, if you have good gear and an HP charm, BMs can do TT solo mode easy enough. Unfortunately for you, I'm assuming that you can't really afford to throw around good gear and charms, hence this topic.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Honestly, it is scamming.
    Find stuff for low prices, sell higher to others.

Everybody i know that is "rich" does that dialy.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Honestly, it is scamming.
    Find stuff for low prices, sell higher to others.

Everybody i know that is "rich" does that dialy.

They ruin the games econ in the process. I have all the stuff I need or want and don't do that. I play every class so my expenses are massive.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Doing that constantly, as well as being annoying to everyone else, requires a lot of running around buying stuff then reselling it time. Might make you rich, but your character will go nowhere. Selling DQ items makes you relatively rich and your character gets places experience wise
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    fuzzles wrote: »

You see, when it comes to PvE teamwork, BMs are what scientists refer to as "bloody useless". You can't tank, and you can't DD... So have fun trying to find a party for that.

That's not really true. Just today i went on a TT1-2 run. They were asking for a BM or 2nd cleric. I took the spot (as BM) and asked them, because i NEVER hear people ask for BM as a substiture for 2nd cleric. They informed me that alot of the AoE damage from the bosses is physical, and the added Golden Bell buff compensates largely for the need of a 2nd cleric. In addition, while this doesnt work on bosses, you can really cut down on the damage received by your tank from regular mobs by throwing out alot of stuns. I do this often and it helps alot. I've also grabbed additional mobs on occasion as a backup tank. While BM's do often suffer the stigma of people believing they're useless, they do in fact have many uses, in addition to their damage output.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    DQ item can only get you so far. I stall all my stuff and am still dirt poor.
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Buy zen and sell gold for coin in the ah... in speed terms, nothing will be faster.
  • PhantomDrake - Sanctuary
    PhantomDrake - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    thnx all for ur input and views :)
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Don't buy stuffb:laugh
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I used my grandmother's credit card, bought a ton of zen and sold cash shop items for a little less than 100k/gold.

I kid, I kid!

I see you're a lower level BM. This is to your advantage. All those lower level mats you find while questing can be sold to higher level players who get very low drops rates when they're trying to farm. Go out, quest, save it all and make a bundle. At my level, there's nothing more annoying than needing 1 or 2 rough furs and having to pay 5k each for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol. YAY! another person that doesn't fly. I felt like me and my bf were the only one flying everywhere.

Totally not. If you meet any decently wealthy person in this game, chances are that they've never used a teleporter other than the 1k ones in their life... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I go the buy low sell high route, basically know the price of the most commonly demanded goods (TT Mats, Charms, Ult Subs) and just buy them whenever you see a cheap one around to sell for higher later. Stalling overnight helps as well, you can also watch the Auction house for some molds (Which are very hard to buy and sell but very profitable).

Also buying and selling doesn't ruin the game's economy nor is it scamming, of course you find those buying mats for 500 coins or something stupid but a lot of money can be made simply by buying and selling stuff within 10% of market value which is what I do. You won't find your self rolling in billions but the money you make is a good addon to the income from grinding. It let me afford my skills, constantly be equipt with charms and also wear several molds. (All I need now is money to refine and shard the equiptment I have)
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Grind- sell DQs, auction drops with good stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frightmare - Sanctuary
    Frightmare - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    know the prices of items... know when to buy and when to sell...

with my bm (who can out tank many barbs who dont bother speccing right or using shards or good armor -9300 phy def fyi fuzzles) i sold EVERY dq item i got for the money to keep him stocked in top armor and top weapons

with my veno i saved every dq item and did the dragon quests for the orders.
    veno's save more money because they dont use as many potions and they level rather fast if u get a good pet. i made my veno so my bm could have a bankroll.

what i learned from the dq items.

farm for 3 hours on dq items and sell them all. dont bother doing dragon quests unless you WANT the experience until you're @ dq 61+ because i have 42 copper orders and have only been able to sell about 14 of them. i've sold about 18 silver orders for 220k each and they went fast. you RARELY get a silver order at dq41, hard to get at dq51 and then u start to get them more frequently at dq61+

so, if you really need $$ i suggest grinding for a couple hours. find the mobs that you can kill the easiest and that give you the best exp and fiddle with them for a level or two then sell all your wares. you dont need to worry about teleporting to big towns until you're in the 40s since most quests keep you in the same area.

on both of my characters i teleport everywhere and to give you an idea how much i end up spending to save 3 or 4 minutes here or there, i did 9 dragon quests the other day and spent 740,000 coins on just teleporting

-and for all those flamers, no it's not a waste if you WANT to spend the cash because you have enough and NEED to save the time...

as for me i'm going to buy a new flying mount and save myself money and time by flying places fast now.

cya

enjoy

goodluck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Make a Venomancer. You can farm items/coin without even spending a single penny on pots, armours etc... you then can mail coin or items(1 at a time) to your BM. I am pretty sure if you got your Veno up past level 30, within a week ideally, you could start earning plenty of money pretty quickly. Read a guide about Venos' in the Venomancer section for tips.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • dapires
    dapires Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What you can do is farm for mats go to the auction house and see what mats are in high demand at the moment as you quest keep those mats in mind farm for them and auction them off, you`ll make a lot of money off this because its so hard for higher level plays to get mats. Also you could cut back on your spending I don't teleport unless the place I am trying to get to is across the map but still then ill fly or use a mount. Don't buy pot. They are a big wast they don't do anything, you could all was farm and make your own, that's what I do and I save around 100 to 130k for every 100 pot I would have to buy. Also don't sell all your DQ because as you level the drop rate starts to descent a little and you will have to start buying what is needed to complete a quest.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm a BM in sanctuary and I'm having some trouble getting coin. What I want to find out is, the fastest or best method of earning coin.

You're a BM. >.>

AoE grind seaweed theives by Sanctuary.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You're a BM. >.>

AoE grind seaweed theives by Sanctuary.

b:shocked missed a necro?
  • skattebol
    skattebol Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I made a billion coin in 3 months when anniversary packs came out buying and selling items.

Spent most on my veno.

Then i rolled a sin and is back at 700mil- gonna keep rolling a billion and spend the 300mil profit i make when i roll it this time.

So buy and sell with a 20% to 30% markup - even cs items on special - sell after special make 30% pofit- so on 1 billion youll make 300mil every time you roll it. Just keep rolling the billion and spend the 200m to 300m profit - rinse repeat
  • Nightherald - Sanctuary
    Nightherald - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sell your DQs to finance you up to level 60s, then start doing TT and selling the mats from that. That's the way it generally works.

Although, having said that, if you have good gear and an HP charm, BMs can do TT solo mode easy enough. Unfortunately for you, I'm assuming that you can't really afford to throw around good gear and charms, hence this topic.

Not extremely true. I'm a lvl 80 Axe/Hammer BM and I'm called on a lot. I make up for a barb easy enough. True, you can't tank as much as a barb, but the BM is made to stun AND DD. If you can't find a barb, a BM can easily fix up on being tank. I used to be in a faction where I was the highest level BM/Barb. I was the tank in those days. And I rarely died. Not only that, but as a BM, you have heal skills too. Plus your genie.

Now, onto the extreme question. At lvl 80 BM, I go fly around Dreamweaver Port and kill the Wereraven Archon's. Oblivion Soups and Seele Tokens are good Dragon Quest items that sell over 2,000 in one. Now, at Lvl 80, I also started going to Nightscream Island (You can get there by a boat in Dreamweaver) and started AOE grinding on the Pirate Minions. I make about 1,000 coin every 3 kills and usually up to 6 or 7 Oblivion Soups and/or Seele Tokens on 3 kills. It's slow, and it takes a while, but the payout is really good.

Also, a hint to ANYONE who wants quick money. Farm the TT Ultimate Substance mats, make subs. And you can sell the subs going at 30k easily. It's no death, it's time-consuming, but it's payout is better than grinding ways.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Holy necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    OmfG Its A Necro!

I Saw Jesus In My French Toast!

There Are Dates In Consecutive Posts That Are More Than A Month Apart!

*runs Around Screaming*

*poops In Pants*

*changes Pants*

*poops In Pants Again*

This Is Insanity!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theyekomzzz
    theyekomzzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's so funny when people complain about "necro'ing" Because in reality......they just necro'd...children....buawwhahaha...don't worry, I wont be back to check your response...waste your time....oh by the way.....YOU NECRO'D!!!
  • Testchildone - Sanctuary
    Testchildone - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

you saying bms are useless is funny as hell to me. i frequently end up tanking fcc cuz the tank dies for some reason (usually lag). as for damage, if you build yourself right and get decent gear you can be a deadly force and if your demon then AND you have hf then you can plently of dmg to steal aggro from unattentive barbs. SO HA
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:shocked double necro
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you saying bms are useless is funny as hell to me. i frequently end up tanking fcc cuz the tank dies for some reason (usually lag). as for damage, if you build yourself right and get decent gear you can be a deadly force and if your demon then AND you have hf then you can plently of dmg to steal aggro from unattentive barbs. SO HA

pay attetion to the date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • MidnightRoze - Harshlands
    MidnightRoze - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Some people I know merchant items and have millions... One has Venomacer, Hercules and solos Squad mode of TT currently have 230 Mill in Coins and even more in Itemsb:shocked
This discussion has been closed.