Need explanation on the lost city pvp server please.

Options
2»

Comments

• Menarin - Lost City
    Menarin - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    In my experience in the pvp and pve servers. Pvp players are much weaker than pve. They have to attack from behind and all that and in groups against 1 person. That only proves you can't handle it when they can fight back properly.

Point 1:
    Much like real life isn't fair, neither is this Server. If you choose to fight in a server where PK'ing happens that's YOUR fault.

Point 2:
    I fail to see whats so drastically horrible about PK'ing anyways. Im level 21 with over 200,000 coins. I can easily replace anything I lose. Also friends help :D

Point 3:
    Lost City is like real life, robbers wont come and say "hey im going to rob you defend yourself!" So why should the same apply to people PK'ing on a PVP server? It's ludicrous to think any other way about it. Defend or die your choice, thats why we have maps that show other people around us! :D
    Also I'm going to reinforce the "THAT'S WHY WE TRAVEL WITH FRIENDS" theory. :D

Point 4:
    Turning down a Duel is lame, even if I'm going to get beat down, I NEVER refuse. Its called COURAGE. I recommend it for everyone. (BTW my stats are 8wins, 0 losses :D Yay for light armor clerics with Wizard/Cleric friends)

Point 5:
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL

and finally TL:DR
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    n0ob wrote: »
    First of all I don't care who you are and what you damage for or what my damage is on you, If I see you bragging about your character on the forums you can be sure of one thing "n0ob" will flame you.

So,
    Less QQ more pew pew please. If you know where they're both at now please give me the coordinates and I'll get you the SS of them getting 1 shotted asap. I'm not the best on the server, but hey I can kill noobs np.

lol, you're so funny ^^

"I am N0ob! Phoenix killler and knight of the round table! I defeat bugs and doesn't afraid of anything!"
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Pynk - Sanctuary
    Pynk - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I started reading this thread to get my own answer to the very same question that was asked at the beginning. Of course, after reading all the flames, now I'm really curious about giving it a shot.

Yes, I play Sactuary, PvE. My best character is a FSC. So, I'm thinking if I'm gonna give PvP a try, an FSC is not the way to go. And yea, I'm a total girl, so PvP may not last long for me, but I kinda want to try.

So my question would be: what, in the various opinions here, would be the best class to have to PvP? Keeping in mind, I'm gonna need to make money cuz I figure I'm gonna die alot.
  • rea15
    rea15 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Did I say all the high levels did that? I do not remember saying that. I just said the high levels that do that. Read please before you post.b:chuckle

Zoe your in heavens tear so you have no clue,

In lost city its extremly uncommen to be pked for nothing

I know alot of people that got from 30-70 easily without even being pked ONCE,

I for one am yet to be pked aswell

Everyone from PVE servers thinks they know how the PVP server is but they have no clue,

Besides if you get pked no big deal you lose nothing, and after you die a bunch of people come to pk the pker, so really its no loss at all
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I've been PKed a good 5 times from lvl 30-33. Then again, I hang out around places I shouldn't, and dangerously close to ppl I shouldn't. Namely Secret Passage and RQ. Once I started meditating right next to Panda because I wanted a "safe place to heal". He said sorry and one-shotted my ****. It was funny, his wife rezzed me, and I was back to killing guards. Getting Pked is not that serious. In fact, its less serious than being killed by a monster. I fail to see why ppl get so QQ about it. Is it a pride thing?

The majority of ppl on Lost City are very fun to talk to. I've had plenty of fun conversation with just about everyone who has PKed me. Once you realize that this is just a game, its amazing how inconsequential getting pked becomes. That said, I've leveled far faster on Lost City than I have anywhere else. Right now I'm lvl 33, and expect to hit 40 in a few days. Go Lost City!

PS. I am of the opinion that RQ makes Lost City a VERY fun place to be. I get lots of lulz from them.
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    ElMieda - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Point 2:
    I fail to see whats so drastically horrible about PK'ing anyways. Im level 21 with over 200,000 coins. I can easily replace anything I lose. Also friends help :D

Lmao, how little you know...
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'd argue that Lost City is the best out of the 3, except I haven't played on Sanctuary yet so I can't pass judgement on it. In fact, I've gotten far more help from high levels in Lost City than I have in Heavens Tear. Guess its not as bad as ppl say.

Getting Pked really isn't that terrible if you're white named. The chances of you dropping something is VERY low, esp something you have equipped. Now if you are red named, its your own dang fault in the first place, so there should be no complaints.
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i didnt read any of the posts except the first but pretty much this:

lvl 30+ u can be pked anytime anywhere out of SZ

PVP is x ammount players having a fight

PKing x ammount of ppl killing u b:laugh
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    amradio wrote: »
    I've been PKed a good 5 times from lvl 30-33. Then again, I hang out around places I shouldn't, and dangerously close to ppl I shouldn't. Namely Secret Passage and RQ. Once I started meditating right next to Panda because I wanted a "safe place to heal". He said sorry and one-shotted my ****. It was funny, his wife rezzed me, and I was back to killing guards. Getting Pked is not that serious. In fact, its less serious than being killed by a monster. I fail to see why ppl get so QQ about it. Is it a pride thing?

The majority of ppl on Lost City are very fun to talk to. I've had plenty of fun conversation with just about everyone who has PKed me. Once you realize that this is just a game, its amazing how inconsequential getting pked becomes. That said, I've leveled far faster on Lost City than I have anywhere else. Right now I'm lvl 33, and expect to hit 40 in a few days. Go Lost City!

PS. I am of the opinion that RQ makes Lost City a VERY fun place to be. I get lots of lulz from them.

That is what I would like to find out. Being randomly PKed is nothing personal. Sure, it can get annoying if the same player keeps trying to kill you over and over, then you just move to do something else. I've made friends with the players that have PKed me. They are all nice people who just like PvP. This only goes for the people complaining about random PKs. I don't know how it is for players in the larger guilds with KOS. :P
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    That is what I would like to find out. Being randomly PKed is nothing personal. Sure, it can get annoying if the same player keeps trying to kill you over and over, then you just move to do something else. I've made friends with the players that have PKed me. They are all nice people who just like PvP. This only goes for the people complaining about random PKs. I don't know how it is for players in the larger guilds with KOS. :P

Being in RQ, I have plenty of enemies. And let me tell you, 60 camping 30s is about the same as 90s camping me. The main difference is there's more hiero waste, and more grief. Don't think we have it carebear countdown when leveling (it's almost impossible to zhen :3 ). Sometimes it can be tough, but you find other things to do when you have 3 9x CQ camping you in safezone, or 20 GZ sweeping the world map ;P

With all that said, there isn't a guild I'd rather be in. We aren't all *******s... okay I lied, we are, stay away :3
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Point 1:
    I fail to see whats so drastically horrible about PK'ing anyways. Im level 21
    i need to write something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Menarin - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Lmao, how little you know...

How little I know?

Your joking right?

I can make at least 500,000coins in 1 day if I wanted to. Plus I have friends HIGH LVL friends who ALL have crafting/tailor/apothecary/blacksmith skills. Just because you hate PvP servers, that in turn does not make me ignorant.

I know as well as anyone that at any second I could just prey to higher levels.

Now stay on topic and stop flamming me.
  • Menarin - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i need to write something

If your going to quote me do it IN CONTEXT or NOT AT ALL.
    Otherwise its just trolling.

I was making a point that for my level I have a lot of coins.
    It was also to show that money is VERY EASY to get in PW.

I already have 2million coins, and I'm not going to cry and quit if I drop good armor. I'll just go by more. Its as simple as that. YOu play you take the risk deal with it.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If your going to quote me do it IN CONTEXT or NOT AT ALL.
    Otherwise its just trolling.

I was making a point that for my level I have a lot of coins.
    It was also to show that money is VERY EASY to get in PW.

I already have 2million coins, and I'm not going to cry and quit if I drop good armor. I'll just go by more. Its as simple as that. YOu play you take the risk deal with it.

The point Pandora seems to be making is that you're a really low level. Like, ridiculously low. Get to level 60 b:victory.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Being in RQ, I have plenty of enemies. And let me tell you, 60 camping 30s is about the same as 90s camping me. The main difference is there's more hiero waste, and more grief. Don't think we have it carebear countdown when leveling (it's almost impossible to zhen :3 ). Sometimes it can be tough, but you find other things to do when you have 3 9x CQ camping you in safezone, or 20 GZ sweeping the world map ;P

With all that said, there isn't a guild I'd rather be in. We aren't all *******s... okay I lied, we are, stay away :3

Haha, I found it funny that you of all people responded to me. b:chuckle

Hai :3
  • devlinne
    devlinne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well, see ya'll on lost city. The wife agrees and there are too many of my friends there for me to stay anywhere else.

Lolz here we go again.Severan..............don't tell ANYONE whats COMING bro^^.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!