patch stuck at tasks.data

124»

Comments

• stripe
    stripe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    That's true, I hope there will be at least some word on this soon. Other posts about more trivial issues are being answered.
  • Paige - Lost City
    Paige - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    what sux most about this...(and to me SOOO many things about this suck) is that not any administrator has bothered to give any answers suggestions tips or hints...its all from players (thank you all so much) but its like they cant be bothered

maby non of the gms are on, maby there moms wont let them go on right now ^^
    glad to be back =D
    b:thanks
  • Amberrr - Lost City
    Amberrr - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    and some of us have spent far far too much real money on this game to begin with....now just left hanging
  • Paige - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    yep

>x(
    glad to be back =D
  • Amberrr - Lost City
    Amberrr - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dds.jpg
    screenie of the file im stuck on now...if anyone has tht and can send to me

msn- okie_amber@hotmail.com
  • X_livia_x - Heavens Tear
    X_livia_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I guess the people who have successfully downloaded the patch are too busy playing to post the files now =(
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This patch is larger then previous ones, and takes some time to compile in the background.

If you are Auto Updating the patch, try exiting the game if it doesn't look like it is making progress patching after 10-15 minutes.

Exit the game, restart the game and resume the patching process. If it hangs again, try again another few times after 10-15 minutes with each try.

We are aware of the patching issues some of you are having and are working to figure out the issues with the last few patches.

There are no manual patches at this time for the current version.

Thank you for your patience and helping us test the game in open beta! :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Paige - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    >:( i have been since lastnight.. i even let it run wile i fell asleep for a few hrs

its annoying now...

im going outside for a few hrs ^^ bye guys
    glad to be back =D
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    Samiup - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i restarted my update like 10 times, finally it worked. maybe the servers they have can not handle all the downloads at once !.
    but still it sucks, these guys should hire more people to do some QA.

i think the tip is to wait for the pop up that says "retry" click "stop" close everything and restart the client and try again...
    contact info :
    GS: samiup /\ IGN: samiup /\ PWI : samiup
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    This patch is larger then previous ones, and takes some time to compile in the background.

If you are Auto Updating the patch, try exiting the game if it doesn't look like it is making progress patching after 10-15 minutes.

Exit the game, restart the game and resume the patching process. If it hangs again, try again another few times after 10-15 minutes with each try.

We are aware of the patching issues some of you are having and are working to figure out the issues with the last few patches.

There are no manual patches at this time for the current version.

Thank you for your patience and helping us test the game in open beta! :D

sure no problem, but can you guys make some BETA dollars for us to use them while testing the beta?
    otherwise, just take the normal step of hiring a good team of QA / Performance testers.
    how does it sound?
    contact info :
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    1) Don't degrade anyone on these forums, which includes the awesome Community Members, Mods and Admins. Do not degrade PWE staff. Everyone is working legitimately to address issues as they come up. Sarcasm and subtle insults included.
    Please act nice and mature on these forums. :D

2) There is an excellent team in place testing and working on the game. BUT, having THOUSANDS of people go through the game is more feasible to help us find issues quicker then a team of under 100 people across two continents. The game is too huge to do so otherwise.

3) It is impossible to test for all of the various internet connection types and PC configs on the planet. Otherwise, the game would never stop being developed. Many of you helping us to test = quicker time to get the game out of open beta.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    i appreciate the audacity, at least someone knows whats going on and care to explain it.

i fully understand that testing is hard for such a big project, and im willing to help not because im getting payed but because i like the game. and since we are testing it, i think you guys should at least listen to what we have to say once in a while. a bug like this one released to production is no good at all cause this is called a show stopper...

why do i care? cause i told you im ready to test this for free and even spend money on an unpredictable product cause i like it and i wanna see it as number ONE not number 2 or 3 on the list of MMOs, unfortunately, the way it is going doesn't look very promising and will lead PW to 4th or 5th place after release which is no good for everyone.
    contact info :
  • Ciddian - Lost City
    Ciddian - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    actually nm, i see now, well lets just hope it gets fixed `-`
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    We listen (or read) EVERYTHING that is sent to us, and posted. We can't reply to all of you, as much as we may like.

The world does not rotate around anyone. Patience is a dish best served cold... er wait... patience is a virtue or something ;)

The PWE world however, does rotate around its players :D

No further elaboration or discussion is needed on this issue.

Please keep all future posts in the Tech Support Forum related to tech support issues . Questions or answers. Not opinions, jabs, insults, or other playground immaturities.

That is what the other forums are here for ;) (well, not really, but you know what I mean, lol)
  • Obsolom - Lost City
    Obsolom - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    1) Don't degrade anyone on these forums, which includes the awesome Community Members, Mods and Admins. Do not degrade PWE staff. Everyone is working legitimately to address issues as they come up. Sarcasm and subtle insults included.
    Please act nice and mature on these forums. :D

2) There is an excellent team in place testing and working on the game. BUT, having THOUSANDS of people go through the game is more feasible to help us find issues quicker then a team of under 100 people across two continents. The game is too huge to do so otherwise.

3) It is impossible to test for all of the various internet connection types and PC configs on the planet. Otherwise, the game would never stop being developed. Many of you helping us to test = quicker time to get the game out of open beta.

Then can you tell me why this is happening with YOUR game and not any other games I've played?

Yea, I've had patch problems with other games, But most of those games were developed and released in America first... This game, if I remember correctly has been out sometime in other countries... Can you explain to me why the other foreign versions of the game work/patch fine but our doesn't? Translation problem?

You tell us not to jab and to respect everyone, and I'm not trying to assault ANYONE. Some of us just want answers, not some pre-typed explanation about how "Oh the files are too big... Yea... That's all we got". You demand respect and patients, but not giving out information to people who possibly pay real money for this game and those who don't, is not respecting us as (potential) customers.

To gain respect is to give respect.
  • calibix
    calibix Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Luckily I somehow made it past task.data, but now I am stuck at iconlist_guild.dds.

Can anyone who made it through please upload this file?
  • kurofox
    kurofox Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I think I've downloaded the game fully on my first try and it worked
    it went all the way through but when I was asked to verify it, I accepted. I didn't want to continue the game with any broken files and it went to a %100 and at the end I though I saw it say I had a broken file.. I can't seem to remember what happened then =/
    I remembering I tried going back and it asked me again.. I didn't want to wait another long hour or so for it to verify... so I just skipped it and went right into the game... but I'm having problems with the lagging most of throughout the game and it would sometimes kick me off, leading me back to the windows but I'm able to resume to the game by reopening the window again x.x is it normal that way? or is it because of the broken files? ._.;
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    god my patcher took like 5 hours of trying and retrying before it finally got past the elements.data and the tasks.data... this is just getting silly...
  • vexon
    vexon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    this patch thing sucks and i wish they would fix it cause its getting annoying and i use to like this game till these small easily fixed problems keep arising FIX IT
  • rogna51
    rogna51 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    makes me nearly happy to know that I am not the only oneb:sad
  • maniachris
    maniachris Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My game stucks at the tasks.data too. What's to do now?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Not sure which version you currently are at but try the manual patches here to get yourself to version 59 then try the suggestions here to get you to 60.

The last time anyone posted in this thread was in October...

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.