can someone do this...??

ObscureXD - Sanctuary
ObscureXD - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
have on sale lets say 120 broken red jade on 50000 each and to buy back the same item 250000???
Post edited by ObscureXD - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't quite understand what you're asking...
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    in a consignment shop someone was selling a item 50000 and buying it back 250000 so i bought the item and when i was trying to sell it back nothing happened
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You need to drag the item onto the icon in the basket in order to sell something to the consignment shop.

Though I'm not sure why you would want to do that. You're losing money.
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    i did that bt nothing happened .... bt it was selling it 50000 and buying back 250000 so it will give me 200000
  • KnightBarb - Heavens Tear
    KnightBarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The reason you were not able to sell it back to that player is they did not have enough coins to buy it back. In other words, they made it so they could sell item at WAY overprice and you are stuck with it now. They do this on purpose. next time before you spend so much on a broken jade, go buy from merchant to see if indeed the catshop does have money to buy back or is he trying to scam you.
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    so i can set my shop for selling a item 1000 and buying back 10000 and rip money from other players...
  • Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you don't have enough money to cover the items you're buying for your shop it will not let you setup the shop. So I don't see how that person can set it up if he doesn't have enough money to cover the purchase.

Did you drag the item to the top section of the buying side or the lower section. You need to drag the item onto the TOP side of the buying section. Basically drag the item onto the same item icon in the shop.

-weng
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This was considered to be a punishable scam on PW-MY.

Bottom line, if you see something like that, it's obviously not legit. If it seems too good to be true, it is.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    -EDITED-

and then nothing... i post tis screenshots so you can see the name of the player so you dont lose money like i did....
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Please do not blacklist other players on these forums.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PhantomDrake - Sanctuary
    PhantomDrake - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Actually I saw this Exact Shop aswell. The player said that he/she was going to stop playing and also that he wanted to give his money away. So I thought "Wowy!! Here's a great chance to earn some coin, but unlike u i bought the broken jade from the Merchant (who was right next to the shop). that costs 200 coin btwb:chuckle. Anywayz when I tried to sell the jade, it didn't work either. I'm guessing we aren't the only victims of this.
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    yee bt i didn't think of going to Merchant and i bought it from him... stupid move...b:cry
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you don't have enough money to cover the items you're buying for your shop it will not let you setup the shop. So I don't see how that person can set it up if he doesn't have enough money to cover the purchase.

He probably set it up with just enough coin, then had a friend sell him a broken red jade so he no longer had enough coin to buy any more.

While it's obviously a scam, I'm having trouble coming up with much sympathy for the "victim." He was trying to take advantage of what looked like a pricing mistake to rip off the seller. So it's a case of a greedy person turning the tables and ripping off another greedy person who was trying to rip him off.
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    He probably set it up with just enough coin, then had a friend sell him a broken red jade so he no longer had enough coin to buy any more.

While it's obviously a scam, I'm having trouble coming up with much sympathy for the "victim." He was trying to take advantage of what looked like a pricing mistake to rip off the seller. So it's a case of a greedy person turning the tables and ripping off another greedy person who was trying to rip him off.

its not like that the name of the shop was Make Money so i try to buy and sell it back ... and i didn't try to take advantage of the seller ...