Grinding or doing quests???

Dragono - Lost City
Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Hello @ All!!!

I only want to ask what a better effect is for leveleling to do all the quests you can get or to grind monsters???

b:kissb:kissb:kiss
Dragono
I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
Post edited by Dragono - Lost City on

Comments

• CyberMagix - Heavens Tear
    CyberMagix - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At lower levels like lvl 1-late 30+, quests are the way to go.
    But after that the quests you get just get lesser and lesser and is no longer enough to level you up. So from around level 38 onwards, you will have to grind out the rest.
    Early on crazy stones level you up real fast but towards the end, the crazy stones exp percentage gets lesser which brings me to my previous point. You will have to grind:P
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There are three categories of points you are accumulating as you go: experience, spirit, and reputation. Most of the quest rewards are relatively heavy on experience. FBs and the guard quests (One Man Army or whatever) are relatively heavy on reputation for their prize. Grinding seems to give relatively more spirit points than the other activities.

For levels 1-35ish, the quests are so plentiful and the value of spirit and reputation are far enough removed that most people will tell you that you should just level with quests.

As you approach the 40s, you see most players realizing that they are not making rank and are feeling the pinch of spirit points in their choices of what skills to buy. Working more grinding in early (especially grinding on the guard-quest mobs) may pay off a bit in these levels.

By the late 50s or so, you will find that the quests cannot get you even close to making level. (I think I got about 20% of the way from 62 to 63 on the three small quests offered at 62). You will also see that getting the reputation for rank is a daunting task if you leveled up mostly with quests and possibly even if you did a lot of FB runs to get level.

So, to answer which is best, I'd say to do all the quests but try to sprinkle in more grinding and FB type activities than you might think you need early.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There are three categories of points you are accumulating as you go: experience, spirit, and reputation.

What about money? Crazy stone don't give you any money, while grindin/questing does give you some money. I think grinding gives the most money cause of the DQ items.

And what are the benefits of reputation and rankings? I mean, so you got enough reputation, you go to that guy, he gives you a higher rank, and then? What does that matter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Higher rank gives you rank equipment. Its some good stuff.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes, the rank equipment is pretty freakin awesome compared to what is the normal available stuff. And you get the stuff a few levels earlier than normal so it makes leveling a bit easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    And where can you buy rank equipment? At the normal blacksmith?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Rank 1 gear you get in archosaur next to the person who gives you the rank. Rank 2-4 you get in dreamweaver port, though you can't use it until you are level 60.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for this good answers i gonna reach lvl 40 soon you see and it semms that lvlling is going harder with quests...

Lvl 40 and up i am able to run FB19 as a tank and i would only do quest in the future for my rank =)
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender