Item Shop Pet- NEED clarification - GM or anyone?

Options
chickenwingling
chickenwingling Posts: 23 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Hello,

I'm interested in investing money into an item shop pet (phoenix/hercules). They cost a lot I see and can go up to 150 dollars. So before I do this and jump the gun I want to some clarification on this. Once you get the pet and add it to your pet bag - can you revert it later to an egg and trade/sell it like a normal pet. Reason for this is well - what if I want to play another class or discover that I want the other item shop pet. I don't want to waste a whole load of money and realize I want something else and poof money all gone.

This may sound dumb to some of you guys - BUT honestly - I'm hearing a lot of different answers from different people. The truth is - no one has tried reverting their pets into an egg once they get it.

So I'm here for some clarification. Thanks
Post edited by chickenwingling on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Don't know about Phoenix and Herc especially but I did revert my panther once and that worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    When I got my hercules, it was clearly stated as beign non tradable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • chickenwingling
    chickenwingling Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hmm that's awfully stupid! Not to sound annoying or anything but if I'm going to be spending over $150 US dollars I would like to have a choice of trading/selling it in case I decide I don't want to play my veno or something.

Guess I'll pass on this unless a GM actually can take this suggestion into consideration.

BTW in the Malaysian/Chinese server was this also non-trade able?
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    On MY servers, vouchers can be traded among players but not the egg itself
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    Shyriena - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The items used to get the 2 eggs (Source of force and phoenix feathers) are tradeable. But once you aquire the egg (There is a system message stating you got the pet) The pet cannot be traded to other players. You cannot sell them in Auction house, you cannot sell them in cat shops, you cannot drop the egg and have someone pick it up.

Basically. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. You buy it, you own it for the life of that character.You cant even remake your character and reroll a new veno to give it to on same account.

Sorry but thats the way they work. The manufacturers of this game are about one thing. The Money. Honestly As of late, With the rewording of the news items, Changing rules and things with no warnings clearly shows that. So if you are hoping they will change that or waiting till they do. Don't plan on it. Again they are only out to make money. They only care what we think enough to make more money. But they wont change something that will hurt their cash flow just to make us happy. Rather they will just go back and change the old archived news so the pet shows when you got it that it only lived for a month and died so you had to purchase a new one.

Anyhow to answer the question. You Buy, you own, you cant get the cash back. except farming with the new pet. I suggest the herc. youll be able to solo TT's to help farm for money to buy more zen off the Zen trading system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.b:pleased
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The way it worked on the MY servers was that you would get a nix of herc voucher. This voucher was tradeable, and could be turned into a pet egg. The egg itself wasn't tradeable though. Once you're using the nix or herc, it's yours forever.

If you're unsure whether or not veno is the class for you, don't blow the money on a herc. Definitely don't.

I'd reckon frugally spend a bit here and there. Maybe get yourself a pet cage and a mount. Can't imagine you needing any more than that. Maybe buy some gold, and sell it for game cash.. but yeah.. can't even imagine you needing to do any of this as a veno.

Basically, the best advice I can offer you is to save your money for now. Roll around on your veno for a while. Once you know that you want to stick with it, spend away.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If you think about it, it's also a form of protection for players. If your account gets ****, your items might be taken, but not the expensive pet you got from CS.

-Weng