Light armors and gems

average
average Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Wizard
Real short, what gems do I want with a light armor build?

Probably +magic, +Magic attack and +MP?
Not responsible for missing drops/loot because YOU didn't pick YOURS up.
Post edited by average on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    +magic attack in weapon obviously, and personally I'd throw HP gems in the rest of my gear. Pdef is another option, but considering you have no Vit and your defense already is decent, HP seems like the best choice to me.

Not sure why you'd use MP gems. Extra MP won't matter at all if you're using an MP charm.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    +m atk in weap
    +hp in armour.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    +m atk in weap
    +hp in armour.

Yep, as simple as that. Matk and HP.

If you are wearing light armor, pdef shards are a waste.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It really depends on what you're wearing. Defense values (pdef and mdef) are 1/x functions meaning you'll never be able to reach 100% resistance and also means its harder to increase your % reduction the higher you go above 50%. As a rule of thumb as a LA user try and keep pdef/mdef at 50% without cleric buffs and you'll do pretty well. Dont forget you can wear both LA and robes so dont be afraid to wear an arcane item if the stats are good, you can always add a pdef gem or two if you need to or simply wear a pdef/mdef ornament to get either of your defenses up. If you have spare sockets in your armor after that then HP stones are definately the way to go.

I wear LA chest, pants and boots(all HP gems) with arcane sea captain sleeves with pdef gems(bought them that way). I carry robes and both pdef and mdef neck and belt depending on the mobs. The beauty about LA is the versatility.
    I like pie
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Currently I use Hp shards and Psys def shards, My psys def is extremly high for my level, I got 3200 psys defence, Also my hp is high enough, Currently 1700 at Level 50.
This discussion has been closed.