Would I be screwed if I played here?

soox
soox Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
I just started playing perfect world today, and I am a level 4 on the PVE server. It's way too crowded for me. It's impossible to do quests with 35 people around each noob spawn. I enjoy PVP but I am afraid I will be torn up on that server if I'm new to the game.
Is it worth starting there or not? Am I going to get ganked by level 80s as soon as I hit 30?
Post edited by soox on

Comments

• Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    no, i was only pked twice in my whole 54 levels. and that was by two high levels that are just cowards, one was aspirea (need i say more?) other one was by mistake from a fanction cleric that one shot me, i was 35 she was 60-70.

if u don't seek trouble u dont get any, and i am not seeking any till i get over 70.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soox
    soox Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Okay, thanks ^^

I am starting right now.
  • Clickhere - Lost City
    Clickhere - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Lost City = best choice join a small guild that everyone ignores yet look so down to that they don't even bother to PK you. Seek any guild with "history" youll get **** now more that there is a PK rank. I wouldn't be surprised to see 6X picking on 3X, 4X, 5X. b:bye
    Raven:"...Don't joke with my intelligence"b:laugh
  • Dusk - Lost City
    Dusk - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    most of the pk is with KOS guilds. if you join a small guild, you won't be bothered at all except for occasional (and rare) random pk.
    ☺☻
  • frostbringer
    frostbringer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Lost City = Most emos, hardcore players also called no lives, bishes, as*h*les etc. But also most helpful, mature and funny people here imho. b:cute

So to say it short if you want entertainment join LC, if not join PvE. b:bye
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Honestly, I was in a heavy PvP/PK emphasis guild straight from level 30 to where I am now (though not the same guild). One was smaller, but still drew large-scale KoS attention before it just sort of fizzled out. Since then, I've been in RQ, which is probably the most KoS'd guild in LC by lowbies and highbies alike. I still manage to grind, so it's not all that bad. I didn't start experiencing random ganking beyond KoS regularly until the swamps, where you'll get PKed regardless by somebody at some point.

If you want less crowded PvE and you're on HT, try Sanctuary as it is newer and has less players. If you really want to take the PvP option, but want to take it slower, join a friendly lowbie guild that will quest, grind, boss, FB, et cetera with you until you're comfortable with the game. Now that the PK ranks exist, there may be more picking on lowbies than there used to be, but it won't be impossibly hard to get your stuff done or anything.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Wargasm - Heavens Tear
    Wargasm - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I wish i joigned the pvp server damn me wanted to pwn noobs :P
  • Zenoir - Lost City
    Zenoir - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    yeah I was worried about the same thing, but really only got one shotted 2 times after turning 30, and I'm 47 now and maybe been pk'd 5 times.

I love it though, I can't stand mindless grinding so it keeps you on your wits knowing that anyone can come by and pk you. Feels more realistic, but have to agree, it's definitely not a gank squad server where you can't level cause of constant pking.

Although Dusk is probably right, I'm sure that matters big time.
  • FoxDancing - Lost City
    FoxDancing - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i got plunked on LostCity by default when i started playing here a couple weeks ago,and while i do get bugged by high level idiots who want to PK a low level player like myself, there is a nice little button that lets you say "no" to duels. after the first two rejections, i just dont answer knocks till im out of their area.

when i began playing LW, i didnt know about the PVE servers, or even what that was. now, i wish i had started on Sanctuary, but i have too much time and all invested in my characters to dump them now. so i think i'll just go on as i am...and hope that there is still some way i can turn donw PKers when i am lv30+... i dont like that kind of gaming. to me, this is too beautiful a game to ruin it by murdering other people.
    b:cry
    soox wrote: »
    I just started playing perfect world today, and I am a level 4 on the PVE server. It's way too crowded for me. It's impossible to do quests with 35 people around each noob spawn. I enjoy PVP but I am afraid I will be torn up on that server if I'm new to the game.
    Is it worth starting there or not? Am I going to get ganked by level 80s as soon as I hit 30?
    FoxDancing
    @->~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *...foxes dance across the hilltops by moonlight...*
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited December 2008

:: sits on the head of the poster ::

come to LC we got cookies!!

:: eats cookies ::

if the big kids bully you PM me IGN: Severan, I'll RWARRR them with my mighty sword and leave it stuck in their butt <3

:: Shoves a sword up self's **** ::

Ah that feels so goooooooooood.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    severan wrote: »

:: Sits On The Head Of The Poster ::

Come To Lc We Got Cookies!!

:: Eats Cookies ::

If The Big Kids Bully You Pm Me Ign: Severan, I'll Rwarrr Them With My Mighty Sword And Leave It Stuck In Their Butt <3

:: Shoves A Sword Up Self's **** ::

Ah That Feels So Goooooooooood.
    Go Reroll Axes... 1 Shot.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melethiel - Lost City
    Melethiel - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    severan wrote: »

:: sits on the head of the poster ::

come to LC we got cookies!!

:: eats cookies ::

if the big kids bully you PM me IGN: Severan, I'll RWARRR them with my mighty sword and leave it stuck in their butt <3

:: Shoves a sword up self's **** ::

Ah that feels so goooooooooood.

I want cookie D:!

And soox, I've only been pked twice while on this server. Once while I was afk and one other idiot. But like they said, don't join a guild with history and you'll be fine. :)

But then again, I'd rather be pked, rather than being killed by a monster. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Zexeon - Sanctuary
    Zexeon - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well Im happy to hear that newbie hunting and such sounds minimal. A group of friends and I have been thinking of joining but that was a big concern, at least for me. Being killed every time I walk out of archosaur worried me a little b:chuckle
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There is no real noobie hunting lol. There is Guild vs Guild KOS (Mostly Territory owning guilds) and then there's [I'm passing through and killing everyone on my way to get more red]. Hardly people going out just to kill people unless you consider the rare few like FSweet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UltraViolent - Lost City
    UltraViolent - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Agreed with Ence, i am mostly solo-ing quests and no pk threats. however i do keep a sharp eye (no afk on fields like in pve servers). Basically white names do not get pk-ed unless they're in a sought-after faction. so it's not as scary as it seems. also, if u have previous PWI experience, it's great. some people joining this server are incredibly dumb noobs who think that they can pk anyone heh. if you're good at playing, and have a bit of the sharp edge, you should be ok here with us on lost city.
    peace
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I started on LC, wait... no chars above 30 ...

my opinion doesn't count here. =)

LC is fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • Mezzy - Lost City
    Mezzy - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:chuckle Feels like I've been on KOS since level 30. It certainly makes the game more interesting than blue name grinding!
    b:victory Pk server ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Showharu - Lost City
    Showharu - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:chuckle Feels like I've been on KOS since level 30. It certainly makes the game more interesting than blue name grinding!
    b:victory Pk server ftw

Lol same been on KOS since MY-EN.
    So its to the point I dont care as long as im strong or get stronger or stay strongerb:chuckle
    I don't care.
    Keeps me happy, everyone should do it.
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There is no real noobie hunting lol. There is Guild vs Guild KOS (Mostly Territory owning guilds) and then there's [I'm passing through and killing everyone on my way to get more red]. Hardly people going out just to kill people unless you consider the rare few like FSweet

Oh god hahaha. FSweet pwned me had in Secret Passage. Me and the friend I was with were laughing SO hard. We were getting ready to leave after a quest, so we're talking and gaterhing by the door (in the room with the demonfires). Then out of NOWHERE this WB sprints round the corner and one-shots both of us at once, sprints out. Laughter for days I swear.
  • Braulio - Lost City
    Braulio - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I never wanted to be involved in PKing... I'm a lvl 11 Cleric... Oh well, guess I'll keep going then, since i've heard that you rarely get pk'd if your not "famous" or anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fire Fox FTW.