Dragon Quests - Do They Have A Completion

jackstryder
jackstryder Posts: 26 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I've been doing Dragon Quest Chiu Niu since level 20. I'm now at level 43 and it's still going.
Does it have an ending it or do I simply leave when I've had enough.

The main problem is trying to get some of the materials, e.g. Dull Claws, Mystical Meats, etc. At my current level I have to slay hundreds of monsters to get these type of items.

The player shops want something like 6000 coins for these items which is a lot when I need ten of them. The auction is worse.

I've checked out http://www.pwdatabase.com and it's a bit confusing. It has my current sub-quest "Sweeping Tail" down as the second sub-quest.

Does that mean I'm going round and round doing the same sub-quests?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Post edited by jackstryder on

Comments

• Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes, this is an endless quest. After every cycle, you get rewarded with a dragon order.
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It is an endless quest. it's up to u to decide to complete it or to trash it. IMO - this is a good way to earn some exp points. b:victory
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Niyatu - Lost City
    Niyatu - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well honestly, I thought of the whole dragon quest quests...

Sure, they are a good way to earn experience over the quests you already have/had, but in the end it's not worth it. The mats that you could've sold, are worth more than the experience, definitely. And if you're looking for the dragon orders, you should buy them. You're better off grinding the experience, collecting the mats and buying the orders from players, even if you need silver ones (since the chance to get one is so low).

Don't know how much sense I made, but in short: Grind mats, sell mats, buy dragon orders. or simply, grind mats, sell mats, get experience, become rich!

- Niyatu/Laura.
    Sympathy is just a sign of your own weaknes.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well honestly, I thought of the whole dragon quest quests...

Dragon Quests can give you several benefits, including:

They give you experience and spirit.

They give you dragon orders.

They give you something you can do (which can provide variety which can be fun).

They can help you learn the map and some aspects of the game.

Like most package deals, if you only want one of their benefits, they would not be a bargain.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wasn't there a white horse mount as a reward after getting a certain number of dragon orders? I've read about it from somewhere but forgot exact story.
  • JettaBugg - Heavens Tear
    JettaBugg - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have a Dragon Order for Pets that says I can trade Copper, Gold and Silver Orders for White Dragon Pet Egg. Mine says I need 30 Silver and 50 Copper for it. The picture at the bottom of the Quest looks like a white horse though....
  • Niyatu - Lost City
    Niyatu - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dragon Quests can give you several benefits, including:

They give you experience and spirit.

Did you read my post? I know they give experience and spirit, but it's not worth it in the end. You can easily just grind it with an experience scroll and still make enough money to cover the scroll and buy order(s). Sometimes you might even get enough money to buy a silver one, which is only a 10% get when you finish DQ 41 (it increases by 10% up 'til 71 when it's a 90% chance to get a silver one and a 10% chance to get a gold one).

Then again, looking at your other points...I agree you learn more about the map, which is nice and it's something other than regular quests etc. But as for the experience/spirit/orders you're better off grinding dq items.

- Niyatu/Laura.
    Sympathy is just a sign of your own weaknes.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Did you read my post?

Yes! I did!

b:chuckle
    I know they give experience and spirit, but it's not worth it in the end. You can easily just grind it with an experience scroll and still make enough money to cover the scroll and buy order(s).

Now, I get to ask if you read my post?

b:cute

But I know that you did, because you wrote:
    Then again, looking at your other points...I agree you learn more about the map, which is nice and it's something other than regular quests etc. But as for the experience/spirit/orders you're better off grinding dq items.

b:pleased
  • Katsumikit - Sanctuary
    Katsumikit - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What are dragon orders?
    -Lvl 18 here, haven't started DQ quest...-
    How much exp do the DQ quests give normally?
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well lets look at the fact for DQ(20) :

If you do the quest :

It takes 20 item worth each around 1k which mean your using 20k worth of item to do it. At the end you get a copper order which is worth around 25k. You make a benefit of 5k. That didnt include the teleport you can take to go around all the map. So you can end up getting a reward that is worth less then what you invest in it.

For the exp it gives you 15k experience.

It can take 1 hour of running around and even more if you have to grind the material.

If you do quests and grinding :

For the money you can end up with 25k-100k with quest reward and item you sell to NPC depending of your level.

For the exp, at level around 20 you can get 30k-40k exp with quest easily in 1 hour. And at higher level, even if you dont have quest you can still get way more then 15k exp in 1 hour.

For the other dragon quest, it's even worst since it takes 2 times the number of item and these item are worth even more. So for the level 31-61 dragon quest you mostly end up losing a lot of money. It only starts to be interesting once you get to the one that have a good ratio of getting silver order and that comes really late. The first dragon quest that has more then 50% of getting a silver order is the level 71 one.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Darkchaser - Sanctuary
    Darkchaser - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Did you read my post? I know they give experience and spirit, but it's not worth it in the end. You can easily just grind it with an experience scroll and still make enough money to cover the scroll and buy order(s). Sometimes you might even get enough money to buy a silver one, which is only a 10% get when you finish DQ 41 (it increases by 10% up 'til 71 when it's a 90% chance to get a silver one and a 10% chance to get a gold one).

- Niyatu/Laura.

So, what you say, is, that's better sell the items for the DQ, than actually do it???
    ONE WHO KNOWS NOTHING, CAN UNDERSTAND NOTHING
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So, what you say, is, that's better sell the items for the DQ, than actually do it???

for sure yes yes yes
  • Darkchaser - Sanctuary
    Darkchaser - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    for sure yes yes yes

ooooooooooooooook then, it's selling time guys b:victory
    ONE WHO KNOWS NOTHING, CAN UNDERSTAND NOTHING
  • Pynk - Sanctuary
    Pynk - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there a quest guide for this? Because if you knew what you needed, as you get it through regular play you could only keep what you know you're going to need next.

Did that make sense?

Like the dull claws which is first. Once I collected 5, I turned them in. Sold any extras. Now I'm on Honey Juices. As I find them, I'll keep 5, sell the rest. But what's after Honey Juices? Is there a guide somewhere that would tell me that? Because, not knowing that I needed Honey Juices, I probably sold like 10 of them. Now I have to collect again. No biggy, I'll get them when I get them.

Just be nice to be able to have a head's up so I don't sell what I need too soon.
  • oukie
    oukie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there a quest guide for this? Because if you knew what you needed, as you get it through regular play you could only keep what you know you're going to need next.

Did that make sense?

Like the dull claws which is first. Once I collected 5, I turned them in. Sold any extras. Now I'm on Honey Juices. As I find them, I'll keep 5, sell the rest. But what's after Honey Juices? Is there a guide somewhere that would tell me that? Because, not knowing that I needed Honey Juices, I probably sold like 10 of them. Now I have to collect again. No biggy, I'll get them when I get them.

Just be nice to be able to have a head's up so I don't sell what I need too soon.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/6365

There you go.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Well lets look at the fact for DQ(20) :

Your phrasing was probably unintentional, but I think that you have illustrated a point rather nicely.

I like dragon quests because I can mix them with other things that I do. I *never* teleport for dragon quests. I rarely harvest drops for dragon quests -- if I do not have most everything in my safe already, I would just sell everything of that level because space is so hard to get (and I do not like using alts for storage). I always mix my dragon quests with my other activities and they help give me some nice variety.

And dragon quests give me something I can do when I do not feel like doing something else. I get bored when I just grind. I am so totally not looking forward to zhen parties *lol*, and I hope I can do dragon quests instead.

Meanwhile, for higher level dragon quests your costs go up. For level 51 dragon quests I am having to turn in 15 of each of my level 51 dragon quest item. That's something like 2150 per item, and you need eight rows of inventory to stock them. So I can totally understand how some people do not want to do dragon quests.

But for some of us, they are a nice and fun part of playing here!

And... maybe some day I can use my dragon quest orders to get myself a sparkly horsey!

b:pleased