Are there any unspoken rules about PVP/dueling?

thewordlesssignature
thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
So, I'm new to this whole PVP thing. I've heard some people say that you shouldn't use potions in a duel or when it's PVP, or that if your an elf you can't fly or some other "rules" when you are dueling/PVP. So, I'm just wondering if people are just bullshlting me or if there are actual rules regarding PVP and Duels.

Any Veterans want to give any advice? A lowly newbie like me would greatly appreciate it. =D

jaa,
sano
Post edited by thewordlesssignature on

Comments

• Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm not really the PvP type, but I always hear people complaining:
    "Oh, you were flying!"
    "You cheater! You ran!"
    "You used pots, omg!"
    Blah blah etc.

IMHO, people are just upset because either:
    a.) They lost.
    b.) It's to their disadvantage.
    c.) They have a huge ego and relates to option A.

If it's not in the rules and terms in PW regarding how to do PvP, then I don't see a problem doing whatever you're doing to win, lol. Just honest opinion.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • thewordlesssignature
    edited December 2008
    Haha! Alrighty then, I'll keep that in mind. =D

If anyone else has any opinions about this topic, then please feel free to post.

jaa,
    sano
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Lol she basically stated them all.

If the person your dueling finds any disadvantage in the whole process be prepared for massive flameb:shutup Juts ignore them and walk away, or stay in a town if your above 30+.

The community here is not all great, alot of ego maniacs post around here. Calling you a carebear, blah blah blah. Dont feed their ego just ignore thier post and block their chat in game and live life ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    people usually have an unwritten rule that pots=no no when dualing.

But yeah, any thing technically goes.
    Back.
  • bluester
    bluester Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's fighting anything goes.
    In war would you ask your enemy "is your gun loaded?"
    NO you would not.
    Kill them while keeping alive is all you should care about in pvp.

Simple as that.
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well you could easily use pots in a duel if you wanted to but
    it would be kind of pointless to waste supplies in an unnecessary attempt to win.
  • thewordlesssignature
    edited December 2008
    Well today I was dueling someone, and the cleric friends beside him kept healing him! Is that allowed in a duel? ...I used chaose powder since he was being healed. >.> <.<; It ended up as a draw though. =D Is there a rule against having cleric friends healing you in a duel?

jaa,
    sano
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Shouldn't Duel is 2 people only at a time? for clerics to heal from outside will not be considered dueling anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There's no rule to pvp. Though, everytime I'm around, I often hear "stop hugging safezones". I can understand how that's irritating. I come from many pvp-based games, and safezones are a big no-no. I'm not wasting equipment on someone who will do nothing but run.

Major reason why I love classes that do a lot of damage REALLY fast.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    This basically covers it:

If it's PVP, do what ever you have to do to be the winner. If your opponent flames you then remind him/her who just got one of his dolls wasted^^

If it's dueling, anything your character has the ability to do is permitted.
    [aka, flying, healing skills, sleep/stun/seal, sparks, etc.] Pots are NOT permitted in duels, BY ANYONE! Dueling, imo, is ridiculous anyways because all it shows is, "Oh look! My class obviously overpowers your class when heiros aren't involved!" -OR- "Oh look! I spent $1,000 on this game, and it makes me ridiculously better than everyone." Both situations are completely irrelevant to gameplay since the real battle is in TW. Guild-based games FTW!
  • yingjian
    yingjian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It gives a lot PPl they mean they can kill all andtry do do it, and if the kil a person 5 times in an hour. They mean thats ok. But i think the victim need a fair chance. Its unfair to kill a veno if she sent her pet to another mob or attack a fighter if he fight with another mob. But this is normal today a lot Pker kill weak PPl, a lvl 65 kill a lvl 30 really good. Thats a big ****, its like a good mode. I hope this PKer get a lot Problem with GM`s an d other player.
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well u duel to see whos stronger, if u use pots then u wont see who is stronger but who have more pots in inventory lol
    but i think flying is fair, all chars have some + and some - . just use your char advantages
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Pretty much anything goes, although blatant bug abuse of the sort that would get you banned on the spot if a GM saw might want to be avoided. Many people will complain about the slightest thing. Usually because they're pissed that they didn't do it, can't do it, didn't think of doing it first, or similar.

As regards running to a safe zone: If you attack them when they're one step out of a city what do you expect? Attack them when they're further away.
    And if they were further away, and managed to get all the way to a city and you haven't been able to kill them, then they got away, too bad, learn to kill instead of just roughing them up.
  • nancykay
    nancykay Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol I've always found the "no pots" idea to be idiotic but several games i've played, pots don't work in the pvp areas IMO if the game lets you do it, it's not cheating :)
    Elfen Princess b:victory
    I may be cuteb:cute
    but Don't mess with me b:angry
  • Chloe - Heavens Tear
    Chloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    They way I see it is:

If its a pk attempt: Use all the items you have to stay alive and win
    If its a duel: Don't use pots or other items, you gain and lose nothing regardless, so keep it a fair battle. Not who has more/better healing items.
  • ruzzy
    ruzzy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    All's fair in love and war..
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Like someone said,

Duels, keep it simple no need to waste pots.

PvP Do anything to win, thats how war is ^__^ Survival of the fittest/Smartest to utilize all your tools to the fullest. b:victory

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    you sould limite to what the other user can, aka a lvl 24 wb vs lvl 19 archer

archer will fly wearbeast can see slowly hp dropping > no fair

pots is just a waist + act of lameness (tough i'd say mp pots you can use)
  • ArrowPhenom - Sanctuary
    ArrowPhenom - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If people complain about archer's/cleric's ability to fly in -30 they are just angry they have a disadvatage but it's not a rule.
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If people complain about archer's/cleric's ability to fly in -30 they are just angry they have a disadvatage but it's not a rule.

it infects the fun for the other player as he can just sit and do nothing
  • Samatia - Heavens Tear
    Samatia - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What if someone starts the duel fully buffed? Is that considered cheating?
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What if someone starts the duel fully buffed? Is that considered cheating?
    It's fine.

If they start buffing then go ahead and buff yourself. If you don't want to fight them fully buffed don't accept the duel.
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    To Samatia, you can either choose to accept the duel or reject...its acceptable for full blessed player send duel invite.
    But I do think its a cowardly act to pot when dueling...
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Voronwe - Sanctuary
    Voronwe - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There's no rules for PvP, but you might consider what the point of it is. PK is a matter of survival, and the player trying to kill you will do everything it takes to achieve that goal; and would equally expect you to do the same. Duels are meant to be non-serious ad-hoc affairs, and if you're going to waste supplies on dueling, that's your choice, but it's not like dueling proves anything.
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Vor won the thread, good job my man.

Lol at cowardly for potting. I call it stupid, because after al, no one dies and its just a waste of money. Who really cares?

Pvp definitely has no rules. Unspoken rules are only there to give the creator some inherent advantage or lack of disadvantage. Its all about survival as said above. In fact, I don't care how many ppl you can kill face 2 face....to me a Pro Pker is one who can survive in a harsh PK environment without being downed every 5 seconds. That shows me he/she is not only skilled at kiling, but very smart and clever in ways of survival as well.
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    people usually have an unwritten rule that pots=no no when dualing.

But yeah, any thing technically goes.

Yeah i agree with no pots in duels.

If i see the pot thingy go while im duelling someone, i just use the 'sit' emote and let him beat me. No point in duelling pussies like that.

Also don't heal ppl while they are duelling, if its a serious duel.

(oh and btw the self healing sutra skills are super cheap, but fair to use)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lmao how are they cheap?? Especially when you have to waste a spark to do them? By your definition cleric heals are even MORE cheap, for all they need is mana. Get out of here with that cheap stuff, I'd rather really duel than auto attack, thanks.
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ^Quote for Truth.

Diamond Sutra cheap? Considering that using it effectively means sacrificing a high-damage skill, its use in dueling is as fair as any other skill.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Melee Class fighting each other in non-duel fights should stand still using their skills as they wish without kiting, else you will never kill each other.

example :

WR vs WR
    WR vs WB
    WB vs WB
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No offense, but if I have a weapon with greater reach, I will kite the **** out of you. Not to mention long range skills and AoE's, leaps, etc etc. No way am I going to fight in sword range with a spear. That's asking to die.