Asiroth - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
How do they stack up against other classes? Pvp duh
Post edited by Asiroth - Lost City on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Only play Blade if you enjoy having a handicap.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Asiroth - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    But dual axe is waaaaaaay overplayed, I hate polearms, and fist is way too gimped. What do I do? I would play archers, but there are too many of them D:
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's better to focus on what you -want- to play. Games are made for enjoying yourself, not following a mold. If you wanna play an archer, go ahead. This game has a pretty good balance of classes, at least from what I've seen in Lost city.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asiroth - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    ttytt, this is what I want to play, but people say its gimped. Is it that bad?
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No, just no one has been smart enough to figure out how to make it work. Regardless if you build yourself to take out certain classes then you WILL take out certain classes. Don't listen to tards.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    You'll be a little handicapped, but just learn to play your char and you will do better than 80% of the server.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asiroth - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    So if I learned how to play a dual axe BM well, i will do better than 99.999% of the server? Im going pole now btw, how does it fare?
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Pole is quite good, a close second to axes imo.
    And, basically, yeah. Best tip I can give is time your stuns, know when to use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asiroth - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    How many stuns does a pole BM have? There is the roar skill, and what else?
  • amradio
    edited January 2009
    Woot another pole!! I'm a pole, and I love it.

Pole is very very good, and I consider it to be very balanced. Its like the mid point between axes and swords. Very flexible in terms of stats, as you can add more Dex. For stuns, I know there's 1 or two stuns unique to pole...and a couple more from the general tree. Pole is all about maximizing your range and using your bleeds. If you can do that, while timing the stuns you have, you will own. Of course, the majority of ppl don't do that, so practice practice practice :D! IGN is Shonindayo if you happen to be in lost city
  • Asiroth - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Hell yeah, Lost city is the s**** :D

What level are you? I though that in PvP you wanted spike damage over bleed.

What skills should I get, and what to max?
  • amradio
    edited January 2009
    Well for poles, you're skills aer mostly dmg+bleed skills. Combined with maximizing your range and timing your stuns, no one will be doing much of anything but bleeding to death. Its very difficult of course, but thats the idea. Poles also get leaps that allow them to go back or forward great distances. Played correctly, it is a GGkthxbai sort of 1v1 class. You even get some linear AoEs to spice things up.

As of now I am level 34. Again, Shonindayo. There are two really good guides on poles, so let me dig them up and I'll get back to you with an edit.

EDIT: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481 (covers all types of BMs)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=50372 (covers everything about poles)
  • tsukunee
    tsukunee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think ive been able to make Dual Sword BM work pretty well actually. it isnt the fastest weapon but it is faster then dual axes and if they are 3 star or so then they can deal quite a bit of damage. Combined with Aeolian Blade and Roar of pride for stun it can do pretty well. I mostly use the same build for sword classes in most games once i figure out their damage rank area and game mechanics and etc. Once you look ahead into other servers or etc. you can figure out how certain builds work . Though I did switch from axe recently. Problem with axes is if you dont have the proper vt their skills can become dangerous if your not into too much AoE because they can end up attracting un wanted attention if you are attacking one monster.

Though feel free to correct me for any mistakes or if Im wrong or something.

Pole Bms are pretty good too especially since they have a bit more attack range. Though Question i rarely see anyone using club till you get to rapcious mace. Is it because it is the only wep that actually looks like a scythe?
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Combination of weapons if you don't want to use Axes.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Graphically i think Dual blades look the coolest when you fight. I know nothing else about BM's so i vote Dual blade
    b:bye