New server?

wtfinvalidnamemyass
wtfinvalidnamemyass Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Is there a new server coming out in the upcoming year? If so, is there a link with more information?
Post edited by wtfinvalidnamemyass on

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Is there a new server coming out in the upcoming year?

Maybe
    If so, is there a link with more information?

Obviously not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • wtfinvalidnamemyass
    wtfinvalidnamemyass Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Obviously not.

Wasn't very obvious to me, and if you do not know of a link, it does not discard the possibility that such a link does exist.
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wasn't very obvious to me, and if you do not know of a link, it does not discard the possibility that such a link does exist.

Gee search the forum for your answer. "Maybe" is the best answer you will find.

Your logic is flawed as me saying you wanting a link to exist means it does.

Grow up, why would you think this game would have any different policies as any other game on the announcement of new servers. When they are ready they announce them before that its just a bunch of forum rats speculating.
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If so, then the Etherblade sever has been offline for a long time.

I start up Perfect World, it looks for a patch, and I see a Server Status list that is:
    Heavens Tear
    Sanctuary
    Etherblade
    Lost City

Etherblade is greyed out, so it appears that sometime in the upcoming year it is very obvious we are getting a new server, called Etherblade.

If you need a screenshot I can provide one.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    tankhunter wrote: »
    Etherblade is greyed out, so it appears that sometime in the upcoming year it is very obvious we are getting a new server, called Etherblade.

If you need a screenshot I can provide one.

Wrong.

At the beginning, they planned 4 servers. Then decided to start with only two. Then opened a third one.

And the name of that third server was not "Sanctuary" to begin with...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    PWE staff can not discuss server plans in the long term. Any attempts to estimate would be made rather irrelevant by reality rather quickly, anyway -- server usage is very unpredictable.

As a general rule, the answer with any online game will be a) when it's ready, and b) when it's needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Innoe - Sanctuary
    Innoe - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In my opinion we need a new server. I know it's not my decision but archosaur is so rediculous with it's lag. I realize that a new server will eventually be crowded too but come on.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In my opinion we need a new server. I know it's not my decision but archosaur is so rediculous with it's lag. I realize that a new server will eventually be crowded too but come on.

even on HT i dont lag in arch really, yes thers catshops..thats a good thing
    the most likely cause of a new server will be when Lost City fills up
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I fail to understand why ppl are so anxious for a new server. I, for one, don't find it exciting in the least. This game is hardly filled up, therefore I dont kno what everyone is chomping at the bit about? Someone care to explain? Is it trendy or something?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    amradio wrote: »
    I fail to understand why ppl are so anxious for a new server. I, for one, don't find it exciting in the least. This game is hardly filled up, therefore I dont kno what everyone is chomping at the bit about? Someone care to explain? Is it trendy or something?

Everyone wants a new server so badly so they can start there right off and level up as fast as they can to try to dominate the server. Thats all it is.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • amradio
    edited January 2009
    Ahh gotcha, thanks for that. Just a personal preference, but I'd rather come up and dominate in a well established server. Idk, I get more satisfaction from that. No point in being king of the desert ya kno?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    amradio wrote: »
    Ahh gotcha, thanks for that. Just a personal preference, but I'd rather come up and dominate in a well established server. Idk, I get more satisfaction from that. No point in being king of the desert ya kno?

Well its harder to do that in an established server. People always want the easy way out.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • amradio
    edited January 2009
    At least we all agree on one thing :D! School of Hard Knocks FTW b:victory!! And i'd rather have a creative server name for once. Naming servers after cities is lame...plus weird. Heavens Tear is pretty good though. The other two, not so much.