The Big Bad Report-A-Bug Thread

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Hello Everybody,

This is our new thread for reporting in-game bugs ONLY.

Please DO NOT report technical bugs in this thread.

To help us out, please try to include screenshots, and describe in detail what issues you are having.

thanks!

Please note you may not get an immediate reply. We do note everything you all find, and report it. To see what major things get fixed, check out the patch notes page every time we do an update.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patch

EDIT UPDATE:
If you are IN-GAME, and encounter gameplay bugs, quest bugs, etc; report them here.

If you are NOT in game, and are having problems with graphics, sound, Windows, your network settings, etc; post a new thread in the Tech Support Zone.
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    "technical" bug can be a little vague, mainly when a person who only knows how to start their pc and double click to start the game is reading this.
    What defines "technical" here? Problems with connection? Game not working? Game not installing? Or also includes bugs on skills not working how they should and quests malfunctioning?

Anyway, quoting myself from an old topic:
    Tested a lv7 frostblade from a wiz friend few days ago, on 30-ish attacks doing 90-120 damage, nothing increased with the buff.

As for cleric skills:
    Plume shell doesnt specify it only reduces physical damage, the way it is put there, you would think it reduces all elements too.

Regeneration Aura says it only reduces magic damage, but also reduces physical damage.

Exalted Renewal says that only mana regeneration increases, but health also increases (same as Celestial Guardian's Seal).

Soon, the Light has 2 names on skill tree, Chromatic Healing Beam (on Rejuvenation Stream info) and Soon, The Light (on its own info).

Soon, the Light range is increased per skill level, but it doesnt show blue like all other values that increase/decrease based on skill level (like on all other skills on the game).

Resurrection has the "10% hp/mp recovered" part marked as blue, but it never increases, always 10% regardless of skill level.

Magic Shell doesnt refresh the duration when you recast it, or cast the mass buff version, unlike all other buffs of clerics.

Silent Seal also has 2 names, Silence Seal (skill description) and Silent Seal (skill tree name).

Razor Feathers has a "%" symbol missing on the part that increases damage from weapon (200% on lv10).

Thats all i can remember for now. Note also that many skills have "higher skill level is better" or "chance to do something", no useful information, if the chance is high or low (like siren kiss of clerics, or talk is cheap of barbarians). This happens to many skills, isnt a bug, but is frustrating to not know if a skill is anything good before buying it out.
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    updated my main post. thanks!

b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    Hello Fellow Perfect World Adventurers,

This thread is for any of you who encounter Cube of Fate (CoF/COF) bugs. We ask that you please report them here. We would very much appreciate your help, so that we can research them, report them, and get them fixed.

Please include the following, as it would be very helpful for us:

1) Include screenshots (in JPG format please).

2) Give us the sequence of how you proceeded through the rooms up until you got stuck, died, encountered another bug, etc. What room numbers/names were you in? Which one did you encounter the bug in?

3) What COF items did you have while going from the previous room to the room where you encountered the bug?

4) What items did the NPC(s) say that you needed to have to exit the room(s)?

Notes to help those of you brave enough (via a GM):

If you're still stuck, see if you have a Thrown Die or Judgment Mark in your inventory. If you do, simply right-click it to move along in your adventure. If you do not have these items, check for a Puzzle Cube in your inventory, in which case there should be an NPC nearby with a quest for you. If the quest icon is grey, you probably need more coins and will have to abort the Cube of Fate for this attempt.

If you do not have a Thrown Die, Judgment Mark, or Puzzle Cube and there are no quests or monsters available, you've probably run out of Dice Tickets. You'll have to abort your current Cube of Fate attempt and come back once you've restocked.

Restock Dice Tickets by either buying them for coin or building them with Mirage Celestones at selected Cube of Fate NPCs and Forges. Make sure you have a healthy stack of Dice Tickets before each Cube of Fate attempt!

Please also see this thread to help you! http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=58412
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i have a quest bug. Was too fast to post tht i started a thread on it. Sry for tht. Adding it here so it can be looked into
    I am not able to do my FB69 coz i havent got all the 3 tabs. b:sad
    I have done all the required quests.
    The 20 20 20 quest which is supposed to give u 2 tabs and an item has only given me one tab. The quest but has been removed from my quest log.
    I have waited long and tried out a lot to get the last tab. Still i have nothing.
    b:surrender

Please try and gimme the last tab so i can continue. I have tried to contact an online GM without any luck.

A friend of mine for his fb51 run too was not able to get the last tab even when he had done all the required things (and returned the quest ofc). (just check ing if it is a bug with the christmas event) b:worried

So i request some kinda help from someone in this issue.

b:thanks

<I guess it is not the work of a GM but support to resolve bugs. So sry for the title>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I already posted on how i got NOTHING from my christmas box!!

On the old thread!

No help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LunarMeow - Sanctuary
    LunarMeow - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    why doesnt Swimming Mastery affect Venomancer?
    Only Barbarian tat learn swimming mastery has 'increase 50% swimming speed'
    For Venomancer who learn swimming mastery, its written 'Has no effect'
    Its NOT FAIR for Venomancer.... b:cry
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    That is a known bug the message "No effect" was put in so hopefully people don't buy the skill. Hopefully the devs in China will work on that soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Looks like patch 60 did not fixed this bug yet.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • aneldris
    aneldris Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't know if it'd be considered a bug, but during the server update last night/this morning, the armor I bought from the auctioneer and equipped right before logging off for update was turned into a duplicate of my previous quest reward armor. All the stats are the same as the original quest armor, and the bought armor is nowhere in sight, but I still had the empty mail that said "Auction won"
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am the holder of the friendship crystal, i got friends A1 and A2 to complete the quest with me and i got 15k exp with a flawed pendant.

both A1 and A2 successfully found friends B1, B2, B3 and B4, and completed the quest, passing me their stones of friendship.

when B1 and B4 found C1, C2, C3 and C4 friends, their orb of memories disappeared after clicking the "Have they been here today?" option at the Elder. i know this is normal to happen, BUT the problem is, Elder did not have any quest for them anymore. the quest to look for white lady did not appear, as what had happened to previous few of us.

is there a lvl requirement for this quest? if they do not meet the reqirement, the 2nd option will not pop up anyway, both of their friends are 50+ to 60+. i know we do not have to be in friend's list to do the quest. i don't know what happened.

so must be a bug that the quest didn't pop up! help...
  • Bilquis - Heavens Tear
    Bilquis - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At dragon herald we could read that 30 silver dragon orders and 50 copper dragon orders can be traded for swift whitewind. After today's patch this changed and it says that we need 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 copper dragon order. So I bought all of them and took this quest and... It still requires 30 silver and 50 copper orders-.- Where's the bug? At dragon herald, or in the quest?
  • monkeyshop
    monkeyshop Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am sure you probably checked this but be sure you currently have a dice ticket in your inventory. If not, maybe you can create one in this room and then the optin ont he NPC to complete the cube will show up. If he does not however have the option needed to create a dice ticket and you have none, then you are stuck and will need to start over. :/
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    one more bug, charcoal is mined from Volcanic Coal Mine. but half the time it only gives the experience points but no charcoal is aquired.

no such thing happened when mining high grade lumber, steel alloy or corrudum powder...

or u telling me charcoal not easy to handle, so not everytime can get it? might as well let us make it from lumber as it rightfully should, than... b:sad
  • Anthrox - Heavens Tear
    Anthrox - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dont expect much in comepnsation tho, i got stuck in room 49 and havent got much for it yet.

The cube bugs out every now and then, and theres nothing anyone does about it.
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You posted in the wrong sticky btw, please post issues with the Cube of Fate here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Quiet_Wind - Sanctuary
    Quiet_Wind - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Found Hair Bug In Sanctuary Char. Creation screen

it appears the hair #61 - I think it is...

close to the last row of hair selection

(the hair with the orange/white comb across the top)

you can choose the hair but the comb does not appear...
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    one more bug, charcoal is mined from Volcanic Coal Mine. but half the time it only gives the experience points but no charcoal is aquired.

no such thing happened when mining high grade lumber, steel alloy or corrudum powder...

or u telling me charcoal not easy to handle, so not everytime can get it? might as well let us make it from lumber as it rightfully should, than... b:sad

This is known, it was an unfortunate side-effect of the christmas patch. Will be fixed as soon as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    BOTH count the apples rooms are bugged
    mostly the RED APPLE COUNT

please check and fix
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • myrrdinccr
    myrrdinccr Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Gravel mine in Hidden Orchid Valley is still giving Chocolate additive.
  • Diminished - Sanctuary
    Diminished - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ive noticed (just like many players), when you recieve the 'Call to Duty'
    (FB59), all the first 4 bosses count as a kill and u recieve the xp,sp and rep for the completion. The last boss Gluttonix, once hes been killed, it doesnt even count as completed!!-I still have my tabs also ?!

Ive tried joining another FB59 run and the same happend to me AND the tabber who was there.....

Please how do i resolve this issueb:shocked
  • WaterClaw - Heavens Tear
    WaterClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    chat problem:

not all people saying something in normal chat while being in the area show in the main box in the left... at least that happens to me. and I already tried to activate all chats on normal chat... which didn't change a thing...

any ideas? (I've checked the instalation twice... at the beginning and at the end)
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Ive noticed (just like many players), when you recieve the 'Call to Duty'
    (FB59), all the first 4 bosses count as a kill and u recieve the xp,sp and rep for the completion. The last boss Gluttonix, once hes been killed, it doesnt even count as completed!!-I still have my tabs also ?!

Ive tried joining another FB59 run and the same happend to me AND the tabber who was there.....

Please how do i resolve this issueb:shocked

Known. Taken from Ence's questguides:
    Important information concerning the FB 59: The boss Gluttonix is currently bugged. It is possible to have the Call of Duty in the pillar and still not have it register the kill. The causes for this bug are unknown but a proven strategy for getting the kill is to put in the Call of Duty, and when the boss is at 50%, change the party leader. This will give the quest the "failed" status and return the Call of Duty to the original holder's inventory. The holder should then wait until the boss is at about 25%, then reinsert the Call of Duty. Another strategy is the insert the Call of Duty at the last minute but this strategy does not always work 100%. Another theory concerning the bug is that the person who inserted the Call of Duty must have the final hit, but this theory is unproven thus far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kotar
    kotar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have had problems with quests getting messed up in the middle of them. I have 2 today that it happened to. One is the quest about Duke Blacke's wives. After handing in the items to the wife at Hidden Orchid, the quest is still in my quest log, and show the reward I am to get, but does not tell me who to see. I also have the quest of killing 30 foxwings at lvl 60 and I have killed them, but again the NPC I am to go to disappeared from the quest log. This happened once several levels ago as well. I had to trash the quest and do it 2 more times before it finally worked. I don't want to have to do this again. What can I do?
  • Cyranda - Sanctuary
    Cyranda - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In Archosaur there is a broken floor on top of the northwest tower (check link for the picture of the exact location).
    Broken Floor
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In Archosaur there is a broken floor on top of the northwest tower (check link for the picture of the exact location).
    Broken Floor

That bug is known and being worked on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iwildboy - Heavens Tear
    Iwildboy - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok here goes i cant see any one. its like i hit that button above your health but its permanent. can some one help me out?
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm level 85 and currently in "Find quests", it says that leader of immolation is looking for me, but he doesn't have a quest to give.

Not much of a bug, but annoying...
  • aneldris
    aneldris Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When using life powder (+50 health a second), it is overwritten by the inferior cleric buff of 1-10 health a second and 1-10 mana a second, but when life powder is reused, the mana regain stays while the health leaves. Couldn't it just be the health buff isn't applied if a stronger effect is already present? Same with the mana buff with the mp regain powder.
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    i encountered the first post's bug before. NPC at room 50 does not have the option to trade mirage for dice tickets, you can't even buy a dice ticket for 200k. Not to mention, I had dice tickets in my inventory at that point in time. something is wrong that the npc does not give the last quest for completion, which is very sad b:sad
    BOTH count the apples rooms are bugged
    mostly the RED APPLE COUNT

please check and fix

YES! something is wrong in this room, room 28, Count the apples EX.

there is a TYPO IN THE NPC DIALOGUE!

The NPC will request you to count the number of RED orbs, but your quest log will ask for BLUE orbs. I always counted 12 for red, but options only show 13, 14 and 15. You have to see your quest log to make sure you are counting the correct colour. I have done it enough times to know the wrong is in the dialogue of the npc. please change it if you have time. b:chuckle
  • Xerobow - Lost City
    Xerobow - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Not sure if this is a bug, or if i'm doing something wrong, however both times that I have been forced to wait the 20 minutes in Steadfast (room 34), I have not been able to leave the room. The timer experires, however neither the NPC appears nor do I get a die to advance out of the room. I thought maybe when the timer completes that you would be removed from PvP status and just have to wait for someone else to die. This wasn't the case (Thanks to BIGGYLUV for PKng me while AFK. I was waiting over 40 minutes for someone to test that). So, basically, whats the point of the timer, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.