Need explanation on the lost city pvp server please.

devlinne
devlinne Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I was wondering how it works over on the pvps erver lost city?

Is it that we can be killed at anytime anywhere even in town?

Is it that when we pk in lost city we get no pk penalties?

Basically what is the difference between the pvp server and the regular servers?

If we can get killed anywhere anytime.......how do u lvl up your character in that server? I would imagine roving death squads of high levels would camp at the towns to kill new players?

Please inform me......I love pvp, but if it is totally unregulated to the point of a newbie not being able to level....then i might stick with the normal servers.

Also how is pvp possible in the non pvp servers?

Meaning the pve servers NEVER have any player killing or player on player action?

Thanks to the seasoned ppl here in advance to answer my noobish questions.If u could answer all, that would be a great help to me.
PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
Post edited by devlinne on

Comments

• severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    devlinne wrote: »
    I was wondering how it works over on the pvps erver lost city?
    Lost city is a server where carebear flying and cuddling faggotry meets brutal PVP and RageQuit trolling. As the name describes it's a full out PVP / PK server where players can beat the **** out of other players. Only a step away from the real hell.
    Is it that we can be killed at anytime anywhere even in town?
    1. If you are over level 30 (on a PVP server, your name becomes white automatically when you reach level 30 and you can't change it back to blue unless you are in a PVE server), yes you can be killed anywhere and anytime by a PKer.

2. Towns are safezones and as the rule goes, you cannot be killed inside a safezone. Any PK'er trying to enter a town will be instantly killed by the town guard, unless he/she sneaks in by flying over the walls.

Is it that when we pk in lost city we get no pk penalties?
    You need to understand these:
    Rules of PVP:
    > players with blue name = Cannot be killed
    > players with white name = Can be killed
    > players with pink name = Usually get killed & Can be killed
    > players with light red name = Usually get killed & Can be killed
    > players with deep red name = Can be killed & fun to kill.

> If you kill someone with a white name(if and only if your target dies with a white name), you get 2 hours penalty for each player killed.
    > If you kill someone with a pink/light red/red name, You will be marked as "Active PVP mode enabled" player for 30 seconds, during which time you are just a temptation target for any nearby player.

1. You get a pink when you hit another player. (it does not matter if the target player is white or pink or red... If you hit someone you get PINK - period-)

2. Pink name indicates that you have invoked PVP on a player or a NPC nearby.

3. When in pink mode you have a chance to drop 1 item from your inventory.

4. If the target player is white named and you kill him, you get a light red name. This name indicates you have murderer status #1. Your status adds up as you kill more players. Each player killed will give you a +2 hours penalty.

5. Players with murderer status #1 have a chance to drop ALL their items. Yes ALL your items the one you have in your inventory + the ones you have equiped.

6. As your name gets REDDER the chance of you dropping items increases.

7. You can prevent the items from dropping by using a cash shop item called guardian angel or by binding your items to yourself *(lattar of which is not done untill you have level 90 equips or something really expensive and is the final item)

8. If you are white named and you die by a player... you don't loose anything. but if you get killed by a monster you have a chance to drop 1 item from your inventory.

Basically what is the difference between the pvp server and the regular servers?
    Simple, PVE a.k.a regular server is a non-PVP server, where you can't PK people unless they are whitenamed. on a PVE server you have an option to keep your name BLUE to avoid getting PK'ed. Hence, the server is called a carebear server where only the crybabbies and those who can't handle PVP fun over an online game reside.

PVP server on the other hand is a fully functional server with all the facilities of the game enabled a.k.a The server worth playing, since you can't AFK level in this game like in those other MMOs. BOTTING = BANNED.

If we can get killed anywhere anytime.......how do u lvl up your character in that server? I would imagine roving death squads of high levels would camp at the towns to kill new players?
    Not true. Lost City has more high level players than the other server. True there will be pk'ers killing you but... seen the rankings? players on Lost City level faster than the other servers
    Please inform me......I love pvp, but if it is totally unregulated to the point of a newbie not being able to level....then i might stick with the normal servers.
    Leveling in this game is done with exp from quest rewards.
    @ level 30 you get quests (that you can do everyday and repeat it forever but only once in 24 hrs) that you can do and gain massive amounts of experience inside the safezone itself.

@ level 70 You get more quests of the same type that does not require you to leave the safezone

@ level 60+ you will be required to hunt monsters for experience. But at level 60 your character will be powerful enough to kill any force that tries to disrupt your task.
    level 60 players can kill level 80 players, it has been proven.

Also how is pvp possible in the non pvp servers?
    REAL PVP is not possible in non pvp server. If you want REAL PVP, play on Lost City. period.
    Meaning the pve servers NEVER have any player killing or player on player action?
    They do, but those players are usually level 80+ and well equipped and really really rare to find.
    Thanks to the seasoned ppl here in advance to answer my noobish questions.If u could answer all, that would be a great help to me.
    If you are Devlinne from Phalanx, you probably know who I am by just reading my name. So get your butt on lost city and join us for the real deal ^^ normal servers are **** for people with 4 years of PK war experience on a hardcore PVP MMO.

(myself, Seed, Yoshiki, Colosis, Maple and a whole load of old school players)

~Severan
    The Mighty Lone Wolf.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    REAL pvp isn't randomly attacking someone when they are in the middle of killing something. Real pvp is contest between 2 players of similar level when they both know its coming, no ganks, no attacking when they are not ready. Then you actually see who the better player is, which is the entire point of pvp.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    REAL pvp isn't randomly attacking someone when they are in the middle of killing something. Real pvp is contest between 2 players of similar level when they both know its coming, no ganks, no attacking when they are not ready. Then you actually see who the better player is, which is the entire point of pvp.

Disagree, stay in the safe a duel if thats what you want. Point of the PvP server is to be be able to handle the monster element and the player element outside of the safe zone. Think of it like the Dragons event, the swimming one, whatever its called. You need to survive monsters your level, Levels way above you, work with others, and avoid other players who are there to kill you. If so you get nice rewards, if not you don't get anything. Random PK is an added element and challenge we have to survive
    b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Disagree, stay in the safe a duel if thats what you want. Point of the PvP server is to be be able to handle the monster element and the player element outside of the safe zone. Think of it like the Dragons event, the swimming one, whatever its called. You need to survive monsters your level, Levels way above you, work with others, and avoid other players who are there to kill you. If so you get nice rewards, if not you don't get anything. Random PK is an added element and challenge we have to survive

However the entire point of pvp in an mmo is to see who has the better character and who can use their class better. You cannot hope to prove anything other than how weak you are if you attack when they are occupied or from behind when they don't see it coming.

Before you say anything, I've killed my share of pkers that tried to kill me. :P
    Main characters
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You are incorrect.

Let me ask you this...what are the factors of a PvE environment? Do you and the mobs have contests of strength to see who is stronger? Are mobs not allowed to attack you while you are fighting something else? Of course they are. And funny, I've never heard anyone seriously complain about monsters trying to kill themw hile they are killing something else. Aggro is an accepted part of the PvE environment. Why should PvP be any different? The only difference is that players rank among the dangers that can kill you. They should be given the same courtesies that mobs get. Why can't a player attack you while you're fighting another mob? Mobs do it all the time....players have the same freedom as your enemy.

Duels are made for the 1v1 ****. PvP is not about the best fighter in a 1v1 match. If that was the case, then only the best 1v1 class could win. PvP is about survival. Not only do you have to watch for aggroing mobs, you need to watch for players as well. You need to know the art of escape, hiding, and evasion. Who to kill, how to kill them, who to avoid...these are all things one must know to survive in a PvP environment. Its hardly about the best, but more about the most clever. Adding in dueling rules to a PK environment is, well, ridiculous.

There are many who possess the same limited view on PvP as you do. They are the same types of people that sometimes spam my window with duel requests, QQ from being pked, whine about 2v1, and otherwise act like a total baby. That being said:

OP, lost city isn't that ruthless. Yes, you will be pked, but generally not that often. Even so, it hardly eats up anytime to pick yourself back up and get to questing. I moved to Lost City from Heaven's Tear, and frankly I enjoy the added sense of danger. Plus Secret Passage is a fun place to go when you are bored.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    If a person wants to pk, they'll go look for it. If they are killing monsters, they clearly just want to level or whatever. Get yourself straight.
    Main characters
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    amradio wrote: »
    If that was the case, then only the best 1v1 class could win.

Look at Zoe's avatar and take a guess at which class is the best at 1v1? ;)

PVE players like their PVP to be controlled, how they want it and when they want it, which is alright for them I suppose but in Lost City we just use duels for that. Real PVP is about learning to watch your back, getting in intense brawls with several people, dealling with the situation as it changes (e.g. backup arriving for either side).

The problem with HT and Sanctuary players is that they think that you get pvped constantly and cant ever leave town and struggle to level and have all these problems when there's actually just a few area (literally like 3-4 hotspots in the whole map) where you need to watch out for pkers, but other than that you don't get attacked at all unless you're in one of the larger factions or just really unlucky.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    By playing on a PK server you have agreed to kill and be killed at any time, regardless. And for some reason you are under the impression that PK is a mutual thing. It is not, and it shouldn't be. Players simply take the role of mobs, albeit more dangerous. I said it before, the same rules apply. While I don't agree with griefing lowbies, its a part of the game. I find it cowardly, but hey, gotta learn the ropes one way or another.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    amradio wrote: »
    By playing on a PK server you have agreed to kill and be killed at any time, regardless. And for some reason you are under the impression that PK is a mutual thing. It is not, and it shouldn't be. Players simply take the role of mobs, albeit more dangerous. I said it before, the same rules apply. While I don't agree with griefing lowbies, its a part of the game. I find it cowardly, but hey, gotta learn the ropes one way or another.

The main problem is the high levels that are far too weak to fight anyone of their own level, so they kill low levels. After all, there is no other reason to kill people 20-30 levels lower than you. Unless you enjoy proving how weak and cowardly you are.b:bye
    Main characters
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    The main problem is the high levels that are far too weak to fight anyone of their own level, so they kill low levels. After all, there is no other reason to kill people 20-30 levels lower than you. Unless you enjoy proving how weak and cowardly you are.b:bye

And once again Zoe proves how much she knows about Lost City. RageQuit are the only high levels that repeatedly attack lowbies, and that's about 150-200 people in a server of thousands, GG.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    And once again Zoe proves how much she knows about Lost City. RageQuit are the only high levels that repeatedly attack lowbies, and that's about 150-200 people in a server of thousands, GG.

Did I say all the high levels did that? I do not remember saying that. I just said the high levels that do that. Read please before you post.b:chuckle
    Main characters
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Most players i see fight players there own level as well. If you pk lowbies, they can call in any number of high levels to kill that person. Or you can just not talk back, accept it and they will get bored with you. And you as the one being killed are on the server by CHOICE, if you do not like it, leave. The ones who complain about it are mostly players that haven't invested that much time anyway where it is a complete waste. Calling anything done on a video game cowardly is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. VIDEO GAME. Do you not get that that is why there are 3 servers. Can you tell me any difference between your server and ours other then the PvP option. If you only want to fight one on one or tw you can duel them and tw on Heavens Tear and Sanctuary. If you accept all the other factors of PvP play Lost City. It is that simple.

If you are going to a bank and walk into the middle of a shoot out between the cops and bad guys robbing the place, and you see it happening, do you complain about being shot cause you were unarmed and couldnt defend yourself, or do you go to the bank across the street?

We have bank robbers on our server, you dont. You want to take the chance, join a side and come join us, if not, stay across the street.
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Did I say all the high levels did that? I do not remember saying that. I just said the high levels that do that. Read please before you post.b:chuckle

So what? You're still complaining about "the high levels that did that" and calling them weak for doing it. I'm saying, there are not that many who do that.

If you're not tough enough to last on LC, go back to the teaparty plz b:bye
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    In my experience in the pvp and pve servers. Pvp players are much weaker than pve. They have to attack from behind and all that and in groups against 1 person. That only proves you can't handle it when they can fight back properly.

I know this because I can't count the number of RQ members I killed in CB when they were not able to attack me from behind. lol
    Main characters
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    In my experience in the pvp and pve servers. Pvp players are much weaker than pve. They have to attack from behind and all that and in groups against 1 person. That only proves you can't handle it when they can fight back properly.

Please... go away.... The amount of stereotypes coming from your keyboard is unbelievable. Don't you have HT things to talk about?

Virtually all of your **** can be attributed to one guild and even then only certain players from that guild. So either start an "I HATE RAGEQUIT.." thread or stop talking about PVP please b:bye
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Please... go away.... The amount of stereotypes coming from your keyboard is unbelievable. Don't you have HT things to talk about?

Virtually all of your **** can be attributed to one guild and even then only certain players from that guild. So either start an "I HATE RAGEQUIT.." thread or stop talking about PVP please b:bye

Agreed.

However, Please go start an "I HATE RAGEQUIT.." thread, we haven't had a good one of those in a while.

Oh, and its not just RQ who picks on lowbies. What about when lil 7x RQ like me gets pked by 9x cq and gz b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Agreed.

However, Please go start an "I HATE RAGEQUIT.." thread, we haven't had a good one of those in a while.

Oh, and its not just RQ who picks on lowbies. What about when lil 7x RQ like me gets pked by 9x cq and gz b:cry

its not personal b:surrender
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Zoe, seriously you are on every thread crapping on LC which you know nothing about. You say you have Char's here, did you get to 30, get pk'd 2 times, cry and quit? Speak highly of what you know, no one will flame you for promoting your server but by flaming on something you know barely anything about makes you sound like a immature kid.

I got pk'd maybe 2 times between 30 and 55 and one was a misunderstanding where i went on a suicide run and attacked a party of 5 people 20 levels higher then me. Most people i know barely got touched at low levels except by other low levels. And when you get to the 60's, there are just as many 80+ on your side there waiting to defend you as there are to attack you. The only people that have real problems doing anything (Leveling, quests, runs, etc) are people that cry about PvP on the PvP server and they should not be playing there in the first place, that is what S and HT are for. Thousands of players enjoy it, we are not all wrong, just enjoy something different then you

Please now stay out of these conversations if you have nothing constructive to say
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Agreed.

CQ, GZ and even most of BL stick by the same fair code of honour: They're the most powerful people on the server but they don't kill lowbies, only people they're on KOS with, which usually means high level clashes over grind spots. That's what Zoe (and 99% of PVE carebears) can't seem to understand.

You're on KOS so yeah, you'll get killed. But anyone else your level can just walk past our 9x, because unless they attack first, we don't touch people outside of enemy guilds.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • devlinne
    devlinne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEVERAN???????Lmao!

yah la it's me. Rex.

******mit no matter where i go also can't lose you guys lah^^

Miss all of you man!

Me and mau just started to like play this perfect world stuff.Abit complicated man bro!
    Plus closest i can get to a DK here is a BM.Ahh well. make do lah^^

Seed, yoshi all here also???? HEHEHEHEHEEE!I'll call them up and see what we can do.

Must convince mau to join lost city.She like played cleric till lvl 20+ already.Somemore now no more snowman. Dunno if she wanna start again on diff server.

But i will TRY bro:)

See u soon.

Another day another battle.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • mistressmau
    mistressmau Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oh no.. Here we go again.......
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Zoe, seriously you are on every thread crapping on LC which you know nothing about. You say you have Char's here, did you get to 30, get pk'd 2 times, cry and quit? Speak highly of what you know, no one will flame you for promoting your server but by flaming on something you know barely anything about makes you sound like a immature kid.

I got pk'd maybe 2 times between 30 and 55 and one was a misunderstanding where i went on a suicide run and attacked a party of 5 people 20 levels higher then me. Most people i know barely got touched at low levels except by other low levels. And when you get to the 60's, there are just as many 80+ on your side there waiting to defend you as there are to attack you. The only people that have real problems doing anything (Leveling, quests, runs, etc) are people that cry about PvP on the PvP server and they should not be playing there in the first place, that is what S and HT are for. Thousands of players enjoy it, we are not all wrong, just enjoy something different then you

Please now stay out of these conversations if you have nothing constructive to say

Oh I know all about it. Got to 40+ on closed beta which was pvp, and played quite a bit on MY which was pvp. Don't try saying I don't know stuff. b:shutup I've probably been red name for longer than a great deal of you but I went after people my level and above because I prefer a challenge.b:victory

The red christmas outfit my veno wears is there to replace the redness of my name I once had because I chose to not do pk this time around.
    Main characters
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Got to 40+ on closed beta which was pvp, and played quite a bit on MY which was pvp.

You haven't even played OB pvp? No wonder you talk so much BS lol. That's like playing checkers and trying to talk about chess. Well done.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    You haven't even played OB pvp? No wonder you talk so much BS lol. That's like playing checkers and trying to talk about chess. Well done.

MY server pvp. A great many players came from there. There is little to no difference in the server. Funny how you like to ignore the fact that I did quite a bit of pking over there.
    Main characters
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Ahhhh yes, the MY PvP, which was about 90% west gate, there is a challenge
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    MY server pvp. A great many players came from there. There is little to no difference in the server. Funny how you like to ignore the fact that I did quite a bit of pking over there.

Yes yes you talk so much about your pking zzzzzzz.

MY is not PWI, regardless of how many players come over here.

Now it's like you're comparing Soccer to American Football. What next, you gonna say you're an expert on HH because you did raids in WoW?
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Ahhhh yes, the MY PvP, which was about 90% west gate, there is a challenge

Its not the location that matters, its who you kill and how fast you kill them. Not to mention how many of them you can kill. :P

Last time I checked, both here and MY had the same classes, the same places, the same skills. Quite a afew of the same players as well. I fail to see how the pk is different.
    Main characters
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @ Zoe, Mua.
    The real definition of PVP is Pro Vs Proz as stated by Severan before this game's OB started.

Neither of you is pro, you guys have no right to talk about PVP. gtfo, stop trolling this topic. Go QQ more about RQ because they own your ****.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    n0ob wrote: »
    @ Zoe, Mua.
    The real definition of PVP is Pro Vs Proz as stated by Severan before this game's OB started.

Neither of you is pro, you guys have no right to talk about PVP. gtfo, stop trolling this topic. Go QQ more about RQ because they own your ****.

lol This from the guy who thinks he's some kinda Phoenix killer because he beat a 7x.

Shame we don't know who you are, It'd be quite funny to see you get torn apart by Mezzy or AssassinFox.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol This from the guy who thinks he's some kinda Phoenix killer because he beat a 7x.

Shame we don't know who you are, It'd be quite funny to see you get torn apart by Mezzy or AssassinFox.
    First of all I don't care who you are and what you damage for or what my damage is on you, If I see you bragging about your character on the forums you can be sure of one thing "n0ob" will flame you.

So,
    Less QQ more pew pew please. If you know where they're both at now please give me the coordinates and I'll get you the SS of them getting 1 shotted asap. I'm not the best on the server, but hey I can kill noobs np.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]