Display server time ingame

Aurores - Heavens Tear
Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
Please end the timezone confusion and include a displayed server time somewhere in the UI for the next update! This shouldn't have to be explained at all...b:sad
Retired b:bye
Post edited by Aurores - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I second that awesome, and logical idea b:victory
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    agreed, such as a huge town clock in every town, or even if only on the minimap
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • waffl3ookie
    waffl3ookie Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    mogwai wrote: »
    agreed, such as a huge town clock in every town, or even if only on the minimap

agree, huge town clock would be cool and cute, love to see what we can get done for time :)
  • radar1
    radar1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I completely agree, the first thing I looked for when I started playing at 10am this morning was the time in game. As it was 10am where I am I was surprised that it was still dark in game. I understood the time in game is probably PMT or EST, but without a clock it is impossible to tell. It would be nice, and make perfect sense to know what time it is in game so that I have some idea when daylight (or nightime) is going to come. I found this to be quite confusing as a new player, and i'm still wondering.

Please can someone tell me what time (PST,GMT or EST or otherwise) is server time ??
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    They use California time for their announced times (and their in-game fantasy time for lighting).

California time is GMT-8 hours until the second Sunday in March and then GMT-7 hours until the first Sunday in November.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm in the UK meaning I am GMT the servers are 8 hours behind me so not +8 but -8 GMT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alrydian - Sanctuary
    Alrydian - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks very much, I guessed it might be PST (Pacific Standard Time) or GMT-8, I just wasn't sure.

Alrydian (aka radar1)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In Arduis Fidelis
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    They use California time for their announced times (and their in-game fantasy time for lighting).

California time is GMT+8 hours until the second Sunday in March and then GMT+7 hours until the first Sunday in November.

WRONG.

First of all, the entire western seaboard uses this timezone. It's called the PACIFIC TIMEZONE. Second of all, it's GMT - 8, not + 8.

GMT + 8 is Singapore, and obviously everything further north of it, including some of Chine and quite a bit if Russia. But Singapore is the most noteworthy city in GMT + 8.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am sorry I got that wrong.

They even post that information on the bottom of every forum page (including this one)!

I have corrected my original post.