Leveling up a Significantly Lower Lvl Pet

Aliure - Sanctuary
Aliure - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
When I first started playing, I told myself that I didn't want to get a magmite because it's so common. Then I realized that I really should use a magmite so I caught one and started training it.

The problem is I'm lvl 45 and the golem is still lvl 19. I've found it to be pretty difficult to level it up, unless i go to lvl20ish mobs. =/ And then it still takes forever to level it. It seems that I kind of have to put my own lvling on hold also so I don't get even further ahead.

Does anyone have any strategies to train a significantly lower lvl pet? Or a faster/easier way? D:
"There is nothing worth your complete trust in this world other than yourself. The moment you lean on someone, you'll lose the strength to remain standing and when that person leaves, you'll end up hitting the ground."
Post edited by Aliure - Sanctuary on

Comments

• battlefairy
    battlefairy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I just did that as well.

had a magmite and wanted a sawfly....

so I started messing with the sawfly around level 42...and finally right now at lvl 49 they are my level. that said, with a magmite you can start using it when its like 10+ levels lower than you because its still a tank. my sawfly is a lightweight.

its not that bad when you can heal over half of their hp. just gotta use more mana for awhile....
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The best way I found to level up my pets when they were lower level is to just keep them on Manual, so they won't attack unless I tell them too. And then I just fight creatures that I can take without any help from pets.

The two main methods I have found that work for me to fight creatures higher level than him but that can be 1 shotted with venomous scarab. The other method is to find creatures with drops that you want around your level and try and fight them without your pets help. You tend to die more, but that can be helpful especially in the lower levels when you don't want to grind much because you will have too many quests backed up if you do.
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well, there are Togrin Braves (i think it's the Braves..) that are lvl 30 and can be tamed. So can the Togrin Puppets, and they're lvl 29. So, if you tame one of those then you can skip a few lvls of training. Also, the Kun Kun near Silverpool is lvl "100" It's really easy to kill, my pet can kill it in two shots. You can't kill it with magic attacks, only hitting it, and it runs away. Pets are kinda the only ones that can really attack them, other than archers. Anyways, back to the point of killing the Kun Kun, XD Since it's lvl 100, it gives 15 pet exp everytime you kill it. It gives horrible exp for us, but it's A LOT for the pets. It's the maximum for one kill, actually. It doesn't attack, only runs away, but you have to be wary of the mobs around it. The antelopes and spiders will attack your pet. But there are also tame-able Togrins near it. ^^
  • Mr_Magoo - Lost City
    Mr_Magoo - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Two words for you.

Snowmen.

Oh wait, that's one.

M.M
  • Keranai - Sanctuary
    Keranai - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At l l 27 i decided to get the christalline magmite. I took it to western archazour to kill lvl 20-23 mobs and it levelled pretty fast. at lvl 28, i had it levelled and was impressed at its ability to keep aggro. *shrugs*. Maybe i was just playing better than before :).
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    For land pets, the fastest way, if you are over level 40, is to enter the cube and do it until you hit room #4 "Mice Bashing".

Monsters in there are like the snowmen, they are level [?], dies in one hit and give 15 xp per kill to your pet, provided it's loyalty is high enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At l l 27 i decided to get the christalline magmite. I took it to western archazour to kill lvl 20-23 mobs and it levelled pretty fast. at lvl 28, i had it levelled and was impressed at its ability to keep aggro. *shrugs*. Maybe i was just playing better than before :).

Magmites are just that good at holding aggro from what I've read.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • WindRace - Lost City
    WindRace - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    "the cube"? whats that? i dont believe i have ever heard of it before. where is it?

for myself, i am really going to miss the living snowmen-those were great for leveling up low pets! no damage to anyone but the snowman, and you got spirit points to boot, albeit only a little.
    For land pets, the fastest way, if you are over level 40, is to enter the cube and do it until you hit room #4 "Mice Bashing".

Monsters in there are like the snowmen, they are level [?], dies in one hit and give 15 xp per kill to your pet, provided it's loyalty is high enough.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What is the trick to entering room #4?

Tried earlier, and with a single dice ticket it sent me to room 1, and I of course was stuck there since I didn't know to have another dice ticket...b:sad

doh! nevermind..
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157802
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler