your opinion would be great

XNecromancer - Sanctuary
XNecromancer - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Ok boys and girls i have a question for you.

i have a main of a lvl 33 blademaster"would be higher but paypal screwed up and got my acct banned till last nite and missed whole xmas event"

so out of being boored i made a archer from 1 to 35 and a veno 1 to 27 in a week of killing snowmen. and heres my problem what is a archer good for other than a marketer and is a veno good enough at higher lvls for me to spend the money to max invantory/bank/pets?

btw blade master has max inv/bank ect...merry xmas to me

what are your thoughts that i should do as im mainly a solo player and love doing quest.

thanksb:pleased
Post edited by XNecromancer - Sanctuary on

Comments

• hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A venomancer is a very strong solo class, especially so with the legendary pets. If you enjoy solo play and questing the most I would go with the veno.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you are mainly a solo player a BM is going to cost you a lot of money from charms. (you will lvl faster than venos tho because if you can afford charms you can kill 5-6 mobs at once)

Archers are good for territory war, pvp. They do a lot of dmg from a long dist away. Archers are also good in zhen parties -this will cost loads of charms again.

Venos are good for playing with urself(lol) all day and night and never needing a heal or to stop for mp/hp regen. Venos are also good for killing FB/TT boses because their pets ignore the defense of monsters and therefore they do good dmg on those.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you are mainly a solo player a BM is going to cost you a lot of money from charms. (you will lvl faster than venos tho because if you can afford charms you can kill 5-6 mobs at once)

Archers are good for territory war, pvp. They do a lot of dmg from a long dist away. Archers are also good in zhen parties -this will cost loads of charms again.

Venos are good for playing with urself(lol) all day and night and never needing a heal or to stop for mp/hp regen. Venos are also good for killing FB/TT boses because their pets ignore the defense of monsters and therefore they do good dmg on those.

If you get a hercules, you can solo aoe as well. Don't need to be a BM to do it.b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Dark__Hunter - Lost City
    Dark__Hunter - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    =) b:pleased =)
  • XNecromancer - Sanctuary
    XNecromancer - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thanks for everyones input i think ill use BM for smash&bash and veno for fun. i just wish i had been smart and only made veno and lvled it instead of making archer first and gettin it to 35lol.

an ty to perfect world for the x-mas quest it was a great inro for me to fully bail from my other game i used to play.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Can I just say that it's totally possible - and fun - to play a solo PvE Archer? I know, I know, zhen and TW and all that, but really - I have plenty of fun soloing. They may not be tanks, but they're definitely damage-dealers. Give your Archer a chance. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The problem isnt really the damage, all clases can do pretty good damage.

The real problem is that at lvl 60+ you get around 0.1% exp for a good kill and at 70 it gets even worse, then its more like 0.1% for 3-4 kills.

So the key to still having fun while you lvl at lvl60 onwards is to be able to kill 3-10 things at the same time without almost dying 40x in the process.
    Ive also had a herc on another server and could take down 4-5 mobs at a time but the herc cant constantly keep agro on all of them, its kinda like juggling 5 running chainsaws.

What makes BM excellent is that they have pretty good def, really great hp regen sutra. All you need is a priest friend to fly above you with the odd heal or a charm and you can happily bash in the heads of 10 mobs at once. BM's also have pretty good attack(other than beasts) and dont need to spend 17mins to kill the mobs(and stuns). If you want my honest opinion, stick with your BM until you are in the 60's, the game changes a lot after 60. My veno requires a huge amount of effort to lvl and getting that hercules is going to cost around 20mil coins.