Herc pet and drop rates

Options
Zoe - Heavens Tear
Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I have had a recent problem. Ever since I got the herc I started grinding with it of course, but the drop rate on the monsters seems to be nearly 0 now. 95% of the time they drop coins or nothing at all. This is on monsters below, at and above my level.

Is the drop rate of monsters cut just because you fought with a herc?
Main characters
Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
Post edited by Zoe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't think so...
    It might just be an unlucky week.
    It'll go away soon =P
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What level is the Herc? I suspect the pet's level does affect drop rates, and if that is true being lower level than the mob you're fighting also nerfs your droprate in the same way that you would get no loot from a low level mob.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What level is the Herc? I suspect the pet's level does affect drop rates, and if that is true being lower level than the mob you're fighting also nerfs your droprate in the same way that you would get no loot from a low level mob.

The herc is my level, 75. I fight monsters that have white names, and rarely get drops.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • KillerVenom - Heavens Tear
    KillerVenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I've found that when using Herc, drops suck unless you attack the enemy a lot before it dies. Ex1: I let my herc kill a mob, and sit back; only coins for drops. Ex2: I let herc get aggro, then use skill(s) several times; coins & items drop. I dunno why this happens, but it's really annoying
  • KillerVenom - Heavens Tear
    KillerVenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    the same situation seems to apply to the Pheonix as well b:cry
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have a regualr golem and I've had the same problem for a few weeks now. I used to grind on death knights for a while for money. Initially the drops was pretty good and I made about 100k per hour but recently I'm lucky to get 20-30k a hour, and I've only gained one lvl. This seems to be a trend with almost all mobs i kill, even orange name lvl 80 mobs rarely drop me any items and only about 1/3 times do I get a money drop.

I'd say a good 60-70% of the time, no matter what I kill the drop is absolutely nothing at all. (Pet almost never loses agro and hes the same lvl as me)
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have a feeling the same thing is happening to me, on both my Veno and my Cleric.

Perhaps the droprate isn't as good as it could be because Christmas drops are also mixed in with them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]