Bank Extension Quest - What drops the items & where?

Lote - Heavens Tear
Lote - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I hate to come and fuss at you in a new thread but I've looked thought several websites and forums and I'm just too confused! b:surrender

What monsters/mobs drop the items needed for your bank extension (5 Mystical Meat, 5 Disguise Skin, 5 Element Dust, 5 Soft Fur, 5 Antenna, 5 Rhino Horn) and where are these particular monsters found? In particular, what will have the highest drop rate for lvl 18 but not be difficult to kill solo?

Also, can you do this extension quest more than once? Could you get a lot of items and do the quest over until you've got the largest size bank storage?

A very awkward noobish question now: How do you manage to pull out/put away a certain number of items between your inventory and bank account? I don't want to carry all of the items with me, just enough for whatever quest I'm doing.

Oh, and just wondering, can elemental powder be made into elemental dust? Or is it worthless?

Thanks a ton!
Post edited by Lote - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can only do this particular quest once. The next quest uses higher level items. After the 2nd quest, you can only expand it through bank extension stones (or the max one).

Since you're winged suggested monsters are the following:
    Mystical meat: duskwriath nark, or rattus vagrant.
    Disguise skin: Venemous Ghouls (archosaur)
    Element Dust: Chaos undine, pure undine, or Arboride Dryad (archosaur)
    Soft Fur: Arboreal Vassal
    Antenna: Wailing Kuhu
    Rhino Horn: Riverside Chisler, or Mutant Whirler Turtle (lvl 21, not lvl 5s)

http://www.pwdatabase.com/ is a pretty good source of info for these things in general.

Alt+Click&Drag. Yeah! They really should tell you how to do this in the beginning.

Element Powder is useless. Sell it.
  • Lote - Heavens Tear
    Lote - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ok, thanks a lot!
    About pwdatabase.com, does it have coordinates of the particular monster spaws? Anyway, I'll go look and see.

Thanks for all the info~ :D
  • Ell_Diablo - Heavens Tear
    Ell_Diablo - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ok, thanks a lot!
    About pwdatabase.com, does it have coordinates of the particular monster spaws? Anyway, I'll go look and see.

Thanks for all the info~ :D

Yes it does.
  • Sasshi - Heavens Tear
    Sasshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm just going to follow up on this, rather than create a new one..

I finished the first one, but I have a large number of most of the remaining items. What should I do with them? Given inventory is still a large problem, should I really try and hang on to 8 rhino horns, and 11 antennae? I cannot really tell if they are useful later, or for other quests.

Should I just sell them at an NPC, try a kitty shop, or just drop them in front of the banker and hope someone get's lucky and happends to need something? Or is it worth it to hang on to them?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Their only uses are doing Dragon Quests and selling. If you plan on selling, the NPC is likely the better choice, players don't buy DQ's often, no matter how overpriced those things have gotten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • IceMomo - Heavens Tear
    IceMomo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I found all the items except for the antenna's I can't find the monster you call wailing kuhu o.O'? is there another monster that drops Antenna?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8095
    Scroll down to see the list of monsters that drop it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Edrik - Lost City
    Edrik - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I found all the items except for the antenna's I can't find the monster you call wailing kuhu o.O'? is there another monster that drops Antenna?

All the monsters type bug drops the antenna(like the kuhu)
  • kiomura
    kiomura Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yay ! XD im actually stuck on this quest and im glad i found a post.
    thanks for the info! =D and thanks for posting this
  • skinsfan
    skinsfan Posts: 0
    edited January 2009
    What about the extension stones? Where can you find them?
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Those are bought either from the Cash Shop or from other players who have done that and are willing to sell for ingame money. If you do not wish to use an extension stone to get your storage upgraded, abandon the quest and you will be able to take the banker's quest again with the 'Collect Items' option.

This quest can be done twice (different materials are needed the second time) for 8 extra slots every time :).
  • jingoku
    jingoku Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Those are bought either from the Cash Shop or from other players who have done that and are willing to sell for ingame money. If you do not wish to use an extension stone to get your storage upgraded, abandon the quest and you will be able to take the banker's quest again with the 'Collect Items' option.

This quest can be done twice (different materials are needed the second time) for 8 extra slots every time :).

I abandoned the quest like you said, but the banker doesn't give me another quest for the next tier of "collect items?" So am I just SOL on another 8 bank slots?
  • jingoku
    jingoku Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ah nevermind I found the answer to my problem in another thread. Apparently you have to abandon the other quests you received from the various npcs regarding extension (safe extension, inventory extension, etc), before it will allow you to get the next collection quest from the banker. b:victory
  • lakowski
    lakowski Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just seconding the post above, thanks for the help on this everyone. The database is really useful!