Update prob.

provix
provix Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Support Desk
Hi, I'm New in this game, i've download it and installed it..
So i start the game and don't find a way to play it, went looking on the forum and read every time that i have to download the manual patch ('cuz it seem the normal one doesn't work or something..), dubble click what i've downloaded and i can play, wel when i dubble click it windows says he can't open it (.cup-file)..

someone can help me how to install the patches or someone that knows what that i have to do
(running on Windows Ultimate)
Post edited by provix on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Please download the 1-59 manual patch to a destination you can easily navigate to. I'm a big fan of the desktop. Right-click that file, and then click Open With.... Click the Browse button, and select the patcher (by default, at C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\patcher.exe).

Once that's done, download the most recent versions of tasks.data, elements.data, and gshop.data. These files need to go to the element\data folder (by default, at C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\data), overwriting the existing files.

Then try to launch the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • provix
    edited January 2009
    Thx, but i've got problem with patching it now again :/ when i do the first step (manual patch it with the patcher), the game pops up and says:
    Update server connection fails, pleas try other update server

what can i do?
  • provix
    edited January 2009
    someone?
    really want to play this night :p
  • provix
    edited January 2009
    Keeps saying i need to update (updating files, bad words.txt) keeps saying that
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Please try Stripe's fix, and check that your local firewall is not blocking the patcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • provix
    edited January 2009
    ty! works, is updating :D
    THX!!