What's the difference?

Options
Larkel - Heavens Tear
Larkel - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I've never bought pigments before and was wondering what is the difference in buying a hot pack or a Random pack. One is 50 silver for 1 random dye, which I guess is a solid dye color with a chance of a random dye? The Random pack(10) for 2 gold is that just all random or I am just confused on what you get with it..do you get any solid dyes with it? Or do you get random dyes in which you take to the seamstress and let her dye w/e color it might be? Arrgh, b:surrender Any help would be very appreciated!! b:laugh
Post edited by Larkel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hot color pack gives you 1 random color of any of the colors in the game.
    The random pack gives you the color "random" which as it says, if you use enough "random" pigments the color you get on your fashion is random.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Malibu - Heavens Tear
    Malibu - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Here is what I noticed, I had just bought bought the new Crystal Love Dress.
    It was a dull brown.. It takes Nine dyes to change color (I bought the random pack of 10) went to the seamstress and she changed the color to a dark blue (again was random) using 9 of them, I still have a random left. You don't unpack them or anything from what I could tell.

If your looking for a specific color, best bet may to buy said exact color off players or from the auction house as the random single for 50 silver doesn't guartentee a desired color either.
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Okay, thanks Zoe. ^_^
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Here is what I noticed, I had just bought bought the new Crystal Love Dress.
    It was a dull brown.. It takes Nine dyes to change color (I bought the random pack of 10) went to the seamstress and she changed the color to a dark blue (again was random) using 9 of them, I still have a random left. You don't unpack them or anything from what I could tell.

If your looking for a specific color, best bet may to buy said exact color off players or from the auction house as the random single for 50 silver doesn't guartentee a desired color either.

Thanks thats what I needed to know.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    According to Shyriena, if you right click on your hot colors dye pack you can usually get known dyes color.

I do not know if you can use a known dye color with a random dye color nor if you would get good results if you tried. (I have never tried dying anything and do not know if non-stacked dyes could be used nor if random color dyes can be stacked on a non-random color.)
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    According to Shyriena, if you right click on your hot colors dye pack you can usually get known dyes color.

I do not know if you can use a known dye color with a random dye color nor if you would get good results if you tried. (I have never tried dying anything and do not know if non-stacked dyes could be used nor if random color dyes can be stacked on a non-random color.)

Pretty sure right vs double click is just luck...

No you can't stack different dyes. You have to have the requisite number of one kind of dye to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]