Charm Packs Gone?

Blessing - Heavens Tear
Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
Taken from your past announcement section:
Finally, for our value-minded players, we are introducing permanent new additions to our boutique in the form of Charm Packs and the New Player Pack

Hope it's a mistake that the packs were removed this patch b:surrender
Post edited by Blessing - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _hotep_ - Sanctuary
    _hotep_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I just found out that the spirit and guardian packs are GONE!!!!

I AM VERY ANGRY!!!

I thought PWI was going to keep the packs now they are GONE! It was my understanding that they were going to be permanent along with the inventory packs and safe packs. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY Did you do this PWI????!!!

Yes I am whining! I LOVED the packs. Why would you give us something like that just to take it away? Didn't PWI say they were permanent?? Did I miss something? I use charms all the time and spend a small fortune on them. I tell you this I will use potions! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! You keep the inventory packs but take out the things we use all the time! COME ON! I liked the fact that I got 1 free charm when I buy 4. What is it going to hurt to leave them in the shop?

I AM CALLING ON ALL PLAYERS TO BOYCOTT THE CASH SHOP UNTIL THEY BRING BACK THE GUARDIAN AND SPIRIT PACKS!

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    roflmao Thank God I bought both before servers dropped!

Saitada
  • DrGnLdY - Sanctuary
    DrGnLdY - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I to find this very Disappointing and will not buy any more charms till this is changed
  • RoxyFox - Sanctuary
    RoxyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I just found out that the spirit and guardian packs are GONE!!!!

I AM VERY ANGRY!!!

I thought PWI was going to keep the packs now they are GONE! It was my understanding that they were going to be permanent along with the inventory packs and safe packs. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY Did you do this PWI????!!!

Yes I am whining! I LOVED the packs. Why would you give us something like that just to take it away? Didn't PWI say they were permanent?? Did I miss something? I use charms all the time and spend a small fortune on them. I tell you this I will use potions! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! You keep the inventory packs but take out the things we use all the time! COME ON! I liked the fact that I got 1 free charm when I buy 4. What is it going to hurt to leave them in the shop?

I AM CALLING ON ALL PLAYERS TO BOYCOTT THE CASH SHOP UNTIL THEY BRING BACK THE GUARDIAN AND SPIRIT PACKS!

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!
    Wtf, why the heck!!!? I liked those! I spent about 80 bucks on those alone! WTH!!! BRING THEM BACK!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Stay calm guys. It's most likely just a mistake. Remember, they DID post that it was going to be a Permanent addition to the cash shop.

Saitada
  • obliviate851
    obliviate851 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I totally agree this is so ****, they said, promised that they were permanent!
  • fayt91
    fayt91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i am very upset about this. alot of PWI players spent alot of money on them. what was the purpose of removing it? i am not going to spend a cent untill they are back!
  • _hotep_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Ok I am calm now. I would like to say I am surprised that someone had time to move my post yet, there has been no reply from a Mod or GM to the post saying it was a mistake or they are doing something with the packs and they will be back.

Can we get some kind of answer as to why they are not there? They were said to be permanent.

Can we get some explanation please?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes due to some technical difficultys (Don't ask me what I don't know) there won't be a manual patch till at the earliest tomorrow morning. Due to the patch being so small we are hoping most people will get the patch to work from the launcher for now. Though an upload of tasks.data and elements.data is up.

On topic:

I do not believe that it was intended for the charms pack to be removed. Please be patient until tomorrow morning when the GM's get back into office. I do believe they will fix it as soon as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _hotep_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    YAY!!! Great I really like my charms would hate to have to boycott them on general principle. *But I would*

Still love PWI (and my DS and Black Raptor THANKS!)

I look forward to this being fixed so I can buy some more zen and get my charms for the week :)
  • WolfLadyCZ - Sanctuary
    WolfLadyCZ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To chime in: it does not make ECONOMIC sense to remove the packs... in my opinion the demand is flexible (ie the percentual drop in demand will be greater than the percentual rise in price when calculating the lost "free" charm), so PWI would actually LOSE money on removing the packs...

But let's wait for the promised update before we make any definite decisions to boycott, ok? :P
  • silaba
    silaba Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree, charm packs are the most attractive package to buy for me.

From the patch note:
    All Charm Packs have been removed from the boutique. More details coming soon.

So, hopefully charm packs will come back soon.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I read the forum hecklers all the time and get a good laugh at their silly flames, but with this one I am totally in agreement. The charms packs should stay. As far as I can tell there is no other way to get the Lion mount. In the packs its a 1/5000 shot but some chance is better than none and no doubt has accounted for a big chunk of sales. If this "glitch" turns permanent I will happily join your boycott and suck pots instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiralia
    kiralia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157002
    xarfox wrote: »
    The Gold Packs were not accidentally removed. No worries, it's likely that we'll see something similar again sometime in the future. ;)

*sighs and shakes head* Yes these packs were always advertised as permenant, even when we later double checked that fact we were told they were permenant. So WHY have they been removed?

Easy for xarfox to say no worries and then give no information, but personally I think we need a bit more than that.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah more BS as usual. Im glad I found another game to play this week, Dont think Ill be hanging around pw much anymore.. Maybe for TWs and my dailies until they finally get their act together on this version..

You guys enjoy your game, with everything they are doing and all the BS at every turn Im no longer having much fun here and that means it times to move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • _hotep_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    bump for explanation
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I sure hope Permabans don't work off the same definition of permanent. >.>
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah more BS as usual. Im glad I found another game to play this week, Dont think Ill be hanging around pw much anymore.. Maybe for TWs and my dailies until they finally get their act together on this version..

You guys enjoy your game, with everything they are doing and all the BS at every turn Im no longer having much fun here and that means it times to move on.

I get a strange sense of that ol' deja vu EVERY time i read your posts. Oh that's right, you said the same thing in sept, oct, nov, dec and now jan. teeheehee. b:bye
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol owned

8 lives left Cat, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Closed thread due to, well, I'm sure you guys can figure it out.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.