Impossible for new players to become good

Options
firebreatherr
firebreatherr Posts: 28 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
So from the way i see it, it is impossible for new players to come even close to

the heights of beginning players. Powerful established factions who own land get

even more powerful from the salary that the land gives and it is nearly impossible

for players who are just beginning to even get into these factions unless they

Cash Shop like crazy and get rich or something. It is also nearly impossible for

the new players to form up-and-coming factions as the established factions

already have millions from their land and the high level players only stick to

these factions...

Thoughts?
Post edited by firebreatherr on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You're probably right... but my solution: ignore TW, ignore factions, ignore PvP entirely.

It all depends on what you want to get out of the game. If you want serious and unpredictable TW among many deserving factions, maybe this isn't the game for you. I've seen it suggested that the territory map be cleared every once in awhile, though, and that sounds like a good idea to me. *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • tricycle
    tricycle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It's not supposed to be easy. It's not like they're going to reset the game so new people can make guilds and get lands and then they reset it again so even newer people can do the same.
    It's supposed to be a challange to level up and get into those bigger factions or get your faction members leveled up and maybe overtake lands from the bigger factions, making your faction big. Also, bigger factions die and gives chances for smaller factions to take over their lands.
    Games that are too easy aren't fun to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    KungFoo.info

Empire Alliance
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Owning land isn't the end all and be all of the game. Also, there is a finite limit to a characters level and ability so eventually all characters, if played regularly, can attain the heights of glory, or vanish into the realm of obscurity and deletion if not played.

Contagion is a relatively new faction on Sanctuary server. We are a few months old, have a solid core of good, decent people and we enjoy one anothers company.

Eventually we will move into TW and if the fates look fondly on us, wrest land from another faction, if not, then we will still have fun doing the attempt. Either way, we will be having fun.

Don't forget that this is a game and the ultimate goal is to have fun. If it's not fun, my question then would be, "why are you doing it?". has the game lost it's fun for you? I hope not.

Saitada
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    bigger factions die
    Do they? Well, I look forward to the day when the big-four on Heaven's Tear aren't constantly clowning around and acting like gods. :P (Okay, that's probably exaggerating, but still)

Factions in general just seem like a big fat drama-fest to me. It all strikes me as taking the game way too seriously, especially since it's an online game and we're all going to lose our characters eventually anyway.

EDIT @Saitada: Good luck with that. Really, I wish you all the luck in the world. Do your best to keep it that way, but don't be surprised if things go nuts and you lose sight of your roots if you ever get big. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • firebreatherr
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well, i am in a faction right now that has a decent amount of level 60's, 70's and a handful of 80's. We want to start TW soon but we know that will amount to nothing because we are not ready yet and i am wondering if we will ever be ready. We try to recruit high levels, but of course, they look past us.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Do they?

They do. Empire is slowly desintegrating right now. Elysium is now in the realm of nothingness.

As for TW map, the Philippenese servers had a full TW reset a couple of months ago, so it's not excluded it can happens here in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm level 67 and haven't been in a faction I don't need nor want the drama. I Zhen and quest with people from guilds, I like the freedom to do that instead of relying on 1 group in the game. And owning territories really means nothing unless it's what you need to feed your ego.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well, i am in a faction right now that has a decent amount of level 60's, 70's and a handful of 80's. We want to start TW soon but we know that will amount to nothing because we are not ready yet and i am wondering if we will ever be ready. We try to recruit high levels, but of course, they look past us.

You know, if enough guilds like yourself would ally and all attack one of the big guilds territories the same week, there is a chance they will be timed so they wont be able to defend all of them at the same time. 3 TW happening at the same time are almost impossible to defends if the attackers are strong enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I love my Faction. Its a great place for fun and friends! We get to do anything we wanna Never have to look far for help for bosses and FBs .. Never have to worry about armors or weapons. Because we're a family and we care and share! =D

Yay EqualiZeR ROCKS! =D

Not to mention, I have several Alts going that are "low level" and I don't seem to have any trouble there either. >.>;; Really if you got the time you can do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Do they? Well, I look forward to the day when the big-four on Heaven's Tear aren't constantly clowning around and acting like gods. :P (Okay, that's probably exaggerating, but still

One of the big four that you mention is in the middle of a collapse and having their lands taken by a bunch of smaller guilds at this very moment. So it seems to serve as evidence that big faction do sometimes break and yeild. Also only 1 of those 4 guilds ever seems to walk around acting like gods *cough*RoC*cough* and even that is a broad generalization which doesnt actually include all members.
  • firebreatherr
    edited January 2009
    Options
    They do. Empire is slowly desintegrating right now. Elysium is now in the realm of nothingness.

As for TW map, the Philippenese servers had a full TW reset a couple of months ago, so it's not excluded it can happens here in the future.

True they do disintegrate..but the players just end up in the other dominant factions..which leaves less and less competitive factions out there
  • Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary
    Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Just play PvE and find your group, even as a small guild.
    You'll be fine.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Here are some TW ideas that have been posted in the suggestion forum:

Resetting the TW map every 6 months:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=142091

Placing lvl restrictions on certain territories:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=154022
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Frightmare - Sanctuary
    Frightmare - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    it took 4 days for me to get my veno to 42

once you're over level 30 to 35 you tend to get people interested in you joining their faction...

with my main character i didn't even bother joining a faction until i was 61 but i got so many invites that i created my own to shut people up.

as for NORMAL player who want to enjoy the game...

it's easy to level up without needing a faction. i got to 61 before i even joined one and the one i'm in i'm both 2nd and 3rd highest with my 2 primary characters...

my guild is small only about 3 active players at a time and it's party central when there's 6 people on lol, but what my main point is... is that you dont need a faction to get up there...

point number 2 is that most players leave an mmo after about 5 months so only the hard core will stay in the game for a long time and you'll easily get into a large faction (if that's your wish) in a minimal amount of time, up until that point, just enjoy solo play.

hints / tips:

veno/barb easiest to play/level

venos rarely need potions so you'll save $ that way
    barbs tank and dont die as often if you're smart about killing

wizards/archers only for the hard-core, not good for a true beginner because
    you'll spend all your cash on potions and until level 30ish you wont be able to really survive (39 for wiz when u get a push away attack) plan on spending a LOT of time shooting/running/repeat or you'll quickly turn into a puddle of lost xp and it takes a lot longer to level because you're not killing as fast as say a veno who takes on 1 mob with their pet and 1 with their weapon

blademasters: ah my favorite because it takes thinking and it's actually fun
    speck them right and you can tank a boss, solo dismal shade at level 55 for kudos from people who cant get a group to do it for them

what's left? clerics... well, go Full Attack and you're nigh unstoppable endgame but, getting there can be a pain. thankfully you can heal yourself, you can fly at level 1 (so can archers but they use up magic flying) =everyone else has to wait till level 30 to get a flying mount=

final thought:

if you're new, try a venomancer. it'll save u money and time in levelling, you'll get to experience the game and when u get into a faction you can make the toon of your choice, join ur fac with that lev 1 and they will most likely help u along the way ( tipping a noob 50k isn't much for a level 60+ but for the 1st 20 levels you're set with tip top armor and weapons)

i hope this helps u a bit, so remember, players cycle out of the game and it's about that time for a bunch of people to start leaving for newer games or real life, so get in there, grind it out, learn what you can, and basically try to enjoy it...

it's actually not too bad once you blacklist all the people who really dont care about anyone else and feel so sorry for themselves IRL that they have to put everyone else down. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Really if you got the time you can do anything

Yes ma'am b:laugh
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

The only way your faction will ever be ready is to jump in there and do a TW. I can say unless the faction you are going after has few members - you will likely fail the first time, if no one in your faction has ever been in a TW. It is hectic and its mass chaos. But it is fun and the only way you will ever know if you are ready is if you are jumping in there...

The reason that they are looking past you is because your lack of territory. But here is what I think about that... Let them go to the big faction with 9 territories. That faction will get a lot of members who are only looking for the coin of it all, not the friendships. That is what makes the bigger factions fall apart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The thing is its not susposed to be easy. The bigger guilds control such vast areas because they work hard constantly. For new guilds it may sometime seem an unatainable goal but you have to sit back and look at what got those guilds in power and to where they are today.

You cant expect to just form a guild of lv 80+ in a short time. Those in power started small and grew. Meaning that at some point you need to invest in lower lv players and help them grow. This has to be done over and over. Eventually you and your faction will beable to compete.

I also dont think that something like TW is really aimed at the casual player type of guild. Alot of time and work must be put into becoming a powerhouse and if you dont have that, then perhaps it is best to go after other goals. Who knows, maybe by completing other goals you will become powerful enough to stand a chance in TW's and there is no question you will beable to do endgame instances for equips. (which inturn gets you good gear for TW)

Moral of the story is it will just take alot of time, and alot of hard work.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Bah. Every great power falls in time. Just wait for an opportune moment, then take advantage of it when you see your chance. b:victory
  • Forbidden - Heavens Tear
    Forbidden - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Either way it turns out. You all are forbidden to kill xForbidden <333333

Blanche - I miss you!~
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Blanche - I miss you!~
    Awwwwww! You do? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aubebear - Lost City
    Aubebear - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well, its a game and the only people who are crazy rich are the ones who took the time, cash and commitment to devote themselves to this game. Thats what happens in a game or even everything else in life. You take the time out and devote yourself to it for a long period of time and you progress through it and even become better than most at it. Of course you aren't gonna be able to walk into the game and almost instantly make millions. That takes time and if you don't have time you probobly shouldn't be even trying to play MMORPG's
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So from the way i see it, it is impossible for new players to come even close to

the heights of beginning players. Powerful established factions who own land get

even more powerful from the salary that the land gives and it is nearly impossible

for players who are just beginning to even get into these factions unless they

Cash Shop like crazy and get rich or something. It is also nearly impossible for

the new players to form up-and-coming factions as the established factions

already have millions from their land and the high level players only stick to

these factions...

Thoughts?

Most of the salary from TW goes to expenses of going to a TW. So thats not how we get rich.b:thanks
    And the amount of money you have doesnt get you into a guild, your lvl does. Work hard lvl fast and you will get what you wantb:victory
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I started around november,picked veno as i'm far more of a solo player and played a few hours a day,now im 65 with good gears and probably 3-4mil in items and such,and haven't(yet)bought any cash shop(though i'll be getting hercules as getting people to help with your bosses is often hard,most only like the fbs and tt for items and exp)and went to my first tw last week which was actually good fun...thought everyone would be taking it all so serious but that wasn't the case...so all i can say is at the start yeah it'll be hard,maybe you won't get the help you need and it will take a long time to start getting anywhere money and faction wise but it comes if you keep at it...and no big factions can hold the territories forever,greed always sets in and infighting begins,its human ;)

I can do it and i barely talk to anyone :D Hope for everyone else then.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There's nothing that can be done about who came first being stronger. Players that started early have far more levels, and it was far easier to make money in the start.

The fact is, after a server has started and people join late, you are a nonfactor until level 85+. Level and don't pk until you're 85+. Then you can join a good guild, or when a strong guild dies, build a new one. Hell, even bloodlust just broke up, so its not like it doesnt happen.

Most people don't have the patience to stick with this game that long, especially not when whining like babies about those that came before them. If you can't handle the fact that not everything is equal and fair, go play world of warcrap or some godawful pirated private server of some game out there.
    Private servers are full of whiners that constantly leave their server because it inevitably dies because of "its too old i cant compete" ****, you'd fit right in.
    Here are some TW ideas that have been posted in the suggestion forum:

Resetting the TW map every 6 months:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=142091

This is just stupid, anyone that plays competitively (as in: THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP THE GAME'S CASH FLOWING), is going to get screwed and then pissed.

It takes MONTHS to build up, just to have it destroyed by 8 year old crybabies who don't have the capacity to even THINK about fighting a real guild.
    Not to mention, with this method, PVP wars would be almost non existant, since everyone would be attacking NPCs for a long time.

Placing lvl restrictions on certain territories:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=154022
    This suggestion is actually SLIGHTLY intelligent for a change, but it's still a dumb idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

This is just stupid, anyone that plays competitively (as in: THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP THE GAME'S CASH FLOWING), is going to get screwed and then pissed.

It takes MONTHS to build up, just to have it destroyed by 8 year old crybabies who don't have the capacity to even THINK about fighting a real guild.
    Not to mention, with this method, PVP wars would be almost non existant, since everyone would be attacking NPCs for a long time.

Heres a news flash for you Ren.. I havent seen one person supporting ANYTHING you say, so I think that alone says something about your opinion.

And wrap your little mind around this.. Top guilds own the map.. so at max what 500 people keeping the games cash flow going, since you think thats what does it..

Now imagine if ALL guilds had a chance with a TW reset.. Do you know how many people would suddenly start using the cash shop to get better so they could compete. Once new guilds start getting land do you know how many more players would start using the cash shop so they could try to keep it.. If you want to use cash flow as a reason, pwi would make more money if they did resets because they would have more people using and starting to use the CS.

Once again in EVERY post you make all you do is insult. If you have to insult that means you know you have no other intelligent arguement to make. So give it a rest already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Once again in EVERY post you make all you do is insult. If you have to insult that means you know you have no other intelligent arguement to make. So give it a rest already.

Don't worry, he's been like that since he joined the forums b:laugh

He's even been banned a few times. Too bad it never lasted. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Define 'good'?

Im good

but sounds

you

wanna be

rich like

a cashshopper

rite?

This topic

makes me

type

this

does

this

bother

you

people that

are reading

this rite

now

it does

not bother

me at

all I

enjoy this

stuff

have

a

nice

night

maintence

is

1hr

over due

in

9 minutes
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    well thing is.. you have to work a lot harder in bigger guild, for me.. i use to be 3rd or 4th highest in my guild (top 10 over all).. but i kinda got a bit lazy.. took a small holiday just b4 xmas.. and then xmas/new year, so a lot of lower lvl people over took me or catching up .. and now im getting pm every day asking me what % im on to lvl 89. i mean most of them r very positive, saying stuff like "oh wow u so close" "u can do it", very nice, but after u see the same thing for like 4 or 5 days i was kinda feeling under huge preasue. my point is you cant really slacking off in a big guild.

2 of the smallerish guild that is coming up is legion and avenger.. well avenger is there for a long time, but their guild leader went on a small holiday so they sort of fall behind a bit and lost few high lvl ppl. however now they r catching up.

i can tell u this, i know my guild leader is working very hard, average 5hrs a day i would say, most of the time is spent on guild issue, for me.. thats almost impossible, if u r forming a guild u have to ask if u can spent 2-3 hrs on guild issue. so yea big guild got big for a reason, not just random luck
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • Merkaba - Lost City
    Merkaba - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hmm, Factions are over-rated IMO.
    I've been playing since closed beta and I've never gotten anything out of being in one.

But if you're looking for a shift in power I suggest you look at Lost City's situation right now. What used to be the strongest guild just disbanded, the underdog is still fighting, a guild made out of three disbanded guilds has risen to take out the under dog (And Failing, GZ you suck.), and now they're also going to be attacked by the new highest level guild. Either way, if you look at it, level is second in line for power. Skill will always come first. This underdog, though not having even close to the same levels as the other two, still holds them off in TW, and still rolls them in non-TW wars. There will always be a chance for the lower levels to rise up.

Every new player has potential.
    But with this thought that the higher levels will always have control, you will never make it.
    Stop worrying about what is and focus on what can be.
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Avengers ftw

But alot of guilds are up and coming so ya never know.

Big guilds give you lot of pressure, I just ignore the negativity and focus on having fun and leveling when I feel I can be bothered finding a zhen part :P
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)