Types of horses?

Options
Vithruill - Heavens Tear
Vithruill - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Sorry if this is a weird question but I was curious:

I know you can buy a red charger and a black charger from the npc, and I've also seen the halloween "nightmare" horse, and the shiny one you get from all the dragon thingybobs. However I've heard a lot of other names for horses (hurricane, and so forth) and wondered how many there are and the differences? Obviously I want one in the future, and want to know what my options are. Thanks everyone!b:cute
Post edited by Vithruill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Types of horses:
    Crimson Leaper (red from pet manager)
    Dark Charger (Black from pet manager)
    Midnight (halloween event nightmare)
    Whitewind (White from DQ)
    Silver Mane (White and glowing from DQ)
    Violet Lightning (Purple and glowing from DQ)

Swift X = spurred once
    Huricane X = Spurred Twice

so in my case i have a Huricane Silver Mane which means its been spurred to 11 m/s speed and anyone 20+ can ride it :)
    Midnight is the only one that can not be spurred
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vithruill - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thank you :3 that was incredibly helpful!

When talking about mounts gotten from a DQ - how do you measure their worth? For instance, I know the regular mounts are worth 2.4m or appox - but if I say, want to trade a Swift chromatic elk for a horse.. am I only looking at getting one of the npc mounts? or can I aim a bit higher?

Sorry for these left field questions XD I have no idea who to ask!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Personally, I want a Violet Lightning, if anyone has the info needed to create one (i.e. a step by step path to follow for it's creation) PLEASE link me the site. Personally, I couldn't much care about any others, that Horse looks tight! it could run at 1 m/s and i'd want it LOL.

Saitada
  • Frightmare - Sanctuary
    Frightmare - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ok hope this helps...

on sanctuary, the price of the 2 high end (glowing) dq horses will be insanely high...

simply because it takes 50 silver dragon orders and 50 copper dragon orders to make 1

copper sells for 25k -ish
    silver sells for 220k -ish

even if u get a PURE DEAL on all of them... say 20k and 200k ha sure but what if...

50 copper at 20k each is 1 mil
    50 silver at 200k each is 10 mil

so

one of the glowing horses is gonna cost you MINIMUM 11 mil

i've seen people trying to buy silver dos for 30k... um that's just laughable

i did 12 dq51s yesterday and spent 800k in travelling alone let alone 1.2 mil on Element Crystals since the ONLY place to get them is from the trees around swiftwind lv 41-43 and i'm 54 so my chance of drop is like nil and even if you're in those level ranges it's only a 12% chance of a crystal dropping since they drop element stones mostly...

the actual ONLY way to get a lot of those crystals and it's how i was about to buy 214 of them 2 days ago was from a wraith raid that has to happen from Sumor Camp to Swiftwind Village... those wraiths are the ONLY ones that drop ONLY element crystals...

so for future reference to anyone who's interested in collecting them easily, wait till duke shouts a wraith raid over there then go farm and right b4 it ends take like 1 mil with you and set up a shop in town buying them for 3-5k each...

then put them in the auction house for 7500 each and they'll go in 24 hours as i sold 150 of them and used the rest on my dqs

little heads up to the people...

and if you wonder how i got the info on where the crystals drop...

little site pwdatabase not adding the ww/.co because the forums dont like that but the site is helpful for finding anything in the game on each of the world type servers so click on the english flag when u go and you'll be able to get all u need info wise in a little search like google. such as where the shaodu cub spawns... did you know there are 2 spots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FussyCat - Sanctuary
    FussyCat - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I seen a Snake Mount. What the name of it and price? anyone knows?

thanks!
  • Vithruill - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Personally, I want a Violet Lightning

Saitada

See! Now what is that! Is there a webpage somewhere that has all the pictures of all the types of mounts? I'm so confused XD
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    See! Now what is that! Is there a webpage somewhere that has all the pictures of all the types of mounts? I'm so confused XD

Imagine a Black Horse, surrounded by glowing Violet flames (like armor with gems). That is a Violet Lightning.

Saitada
  • Frightmare - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    pls gm, or mod, dont delete...

this is the ONLY picture/video i can find of the new mount hopefully you're adding in this installment

Ninth Tail Wolf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY8XWvaz1J8

BAM! ME LIKEY!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i did 12 dq51s yesterday and spent 800k in travelling alone let alone 1.2 mil on Element Crystals since the ONLY place to get them is from the trees around swiftwind lv 41-43 and i'm 54 so my chance of drop is like nil and even if you're in those level ranges it's only a 12% chance of a crystal dropping since they drop element stones mostly...

the actual ONLY way to get a lot of those crystals and it's how i was about to buy 214 of them 2 days ago was from a wraith raid that has to happen from Sumor Camp to Swiftwind Village... those wraiths are the ONLY ones that drop ONLY element crystals...

When i did DQ51s, i farmed Element Crystals from Ramshackle Rocs which are level 48. They have a base chance of about 42% to drop, which is signifigantly higher then lvl 41-43 mobs base chance on a DQ51 item. In addition you're losing some of that % from being higher level, but still not as much as you're closer to level 48 then you are to level 41-43.
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Here are all known land mounts, some are in, some arnt in yet.

http://www.ecatomb.net/mount-r.php
    (however see this thread)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=156391
  • Frightmare - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    awesome about the rocs but after looking up their spawn points only has 2 listed instead of a pile for most other mobs ... so is there only 1 that spawns at a time in each spot?

will be looking into this more thx for the info

i'd seen them listed on site but with only 2 wps to them compared to avg 10-15 per regular mob i was hesitant, in any event i appreciate the info :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    awesome about the rocs but after looking up their spawn points only has 2 listed instead of a pile for most other mobs ... so is there only 1 that spawns at a time in each spot?

will be looking into this more thx for the info

i'd seen them listed on site but with only 2 wps to them compared to avg 10-15 per regular mob i was hesitant, in any event i appreciate the info :)

There's a whole lot of them in several clusters all around the FB39 area flying in the air. There's no shortage of them.
  • Frightmare - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    cool good to know thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wynnia - Heavens Tear
    Wynnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    for Dark Charger or Crimson Leaper, you can buy either for 2.49 mil from a Pet Manager in any of the main cities. Northwest section of Arch, a little south of the Elder in Lost, among the pillars just east of the elder in Plume, and in the area behind the elder is Ether. You can use the coordinate assistant to find it if you are near, just open it and look through the preset points for "Pet Manager".

Midnight is the Halloween Event horse mount, and you can only buy from another player or wait for next halloween(?).

Swift Whitewind, Silver Mane, and Violet Lightning can be traded from the Dragon Director(?) for copper and silver dragon orders. Swift Whitewind (the name was changed from the original and gets confusing with the spurs...) can be traded for 50 copper and 30 silver dragon orders. Silver Mane is traded for 50 each of copper and silver. Violet...I would think is either 50 or 70 of silver plus the copper, but I don't know for sure.

For the dragon orders, you need to get dragon quests which are extremely time consuming and can be expensive. You can get copper dragon orders from any of the dragon quests, but I think you don't start getting a chance of silver orders until at least DQ51. NOTE: that is only a chance not a certainty that you will get a silver, and the chance goes up 10% with each dragon quest (DQ61 has 40% chance for silver). Both NPCs related to dragon quests and dragon orders are next to each other and in the starting areas for each race.

P.S. the snake mount is Ancient Boa, it was apparently a limited availability mount similar to the chromatic elk. And as far as I know it is now only available from other players.