Male Archers = Homosexuals?

Arrow_Dancer - Heavens Tear
Arrow_Dancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
Alright, we know that there's some discussion about male archers looking ****... Legolas turned out okay, didn't he? =D

First off, the character creation. Sure, the default may look... 'bad', but with a bit of modification, he won't look too ****, that is until you get to...

The Skills... are somewhat awkward. First, the fire buff. I don't look at the mini map while he's doing that, kind of ****-looking... then there's the lightning strike, or the 'ballerina dance' Skill... come on! I'm an Elf, fine, but I don't want to be a Twinkle Toes! I'm afraid of getting the next version of the skill because I might do something even worse lol! Can you please match separate animations for separate genders? It would a lot... better. =) OR at least let US choose the animations for our character! Create-an-animation thing or Animation chooser. I feel like taking my Anime Studio program and changing it myself. Serious, something should be done about this... people are calling us girls too... O_O Well, some of them are. If nothing is to be done... at least I'll know that a caring GM looked over my thread for the first time! Some games have very lazy GM's, but from what I've seen here, GM's around here tend to take action and keep the game clean. I would like to thank those very GM's! I've never seen such a game as great as this! As far as actual problems, I've have 0. =D But can a little something be done about the animations?

I'm probably the 867th person to mention it, but the first set of threads I didn't see it right away so I decided to throw this in. It's fun making threads anyway. :)
Post edited by Arrow_Dancer - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    They're ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well, they look pretty good on girls, but yeah when a male archer spins around like that it's a little creepy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • diversemelody
    diversemelody Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've heard a lot of people say this but I've never seen anything that makes them look ****. Granted, I haven't really seen the skills though. Appearance wise, I find a slight feminine look in guys hot. (No, I'm not bi or lez) But from what I heard, the skills do indeed sound like they might look incredibly weird....

The idea for making an animation selector sounds great. I've played a couple video games that allowed both character customization and an animation selection. They go great together and, with so many people that like perfect world mainly because of the character creation, it would probably bring more people in. I think that would be quite a bit of coding though, not that I'm an expert or anything. Would be majorly awesome though. I hadn't thought about anything like that before. :)
  • Zaraki_Kun - Heavens Tear
    Zaraki_Kun - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yeah,this guy is right...some of the animations are **** looking,but I also think that we shouldn't be restricted to certain classes just by the race we choose,I for example,wish I could be a Winged elf BladeMaster...so I wouldn't even have to deal with **** animations
  • Mysticallord - Sanctuary
    Mysticallord - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    they all dont look **** its just how people make them my archer looks like Chuck Norris how non Homo can you get lol they are fine how they are for a race of elves. Elves are meant to be a bit girly looking have you ever seen a picture of one in a book or something to where they have tattoos smoke a cigarette and ride a Harley Davidson nope they all are either on flowers or dancing or something the girly look is what comes with the race lol
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Archers they are very **** ... but hey there's nothing wrong with that **** toons need love too
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Male archers look like they **** themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @ The Original Poster:

Do your research first. By any standard mythical baselines (if there were such a thing), elves have a natural glow about them. They're very magic-based, and rely on the energy of the the forest, or the earth, or spirits to remain healthy and usually immortal to aging effects. Because of this, they're always young looking and typically have a light skin tone, which may cause them to look "feminine."

Honestly, I think the bottom line is that if you're not happy with your character, why are you playing it? Make a new one. I think you're looking way too into this. The casting actions are "****," they're just actions. How boring would this game be if characters just stood still during the channeling time?
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    said it before and i will say it again archers= ****

btw especially after the snomen ksing i hate archers

never met a good on never will meet a good one . period .
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Mysticallord - Sanctuary
    Mysticallord - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @ The ferenczy: your an archer racist lol we need love to just cuz we ksed you its not are falt the makers of the event allowed it to happen lol
  • sinistervii
    sinistervii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This has been discussed so many times already... Well if you think an archer looks ****, make him look more manly...Add some facial hair and there ya go! A man with **** movements instead of a **** man with **** movements!

Seriously this is just a waste of time, if you dislike your male archers and their animations: Quit your character and make a new one! If you feel like you want to puke just because of a single animation...Quit the character and make a new one who is probably a female! Again I think this is just an excuse to play as a female archer but ohwell. Perverts all around us! I believe its an evil circle...
  • Mysticfear - Heavens Tear
    Mysticfear - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ight listen up,
    In the medieval days all archers were male they aint a girl class
    You reckon archers look ****? what about the fact the 99.899% of venos are male?
    Wizards and clerics that wear robes (skirts)
    And if turning around to shoot a arrow making you think of **** guys, i think the problem is you not the game
  • AltiNecrosis - Sanctuary
    AltiNecrosis - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It is almost as bad as all of the females looking like street walkers.
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wow your sad... where is all this anger towards archers come from? do they PK **** you everytime you come out of safe zone?... dont have the class, hate the players that play them b:victory
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    said it before and i will say it again archers= ****

btw especially after the snomen ksing i hate archers

never met a good on never will meet a good one . period .

wow your sad... where is all this anger towards archers come from? do they PK **** you everytime you come out of safe zone?... dont have the class, hate the players that play them