Celestone Information

iason
iason Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in The Crafting Nook
After seeing a lot of the prices for celestones of all kinds, I wanted to do a thread to help out the community. This is for people wondering what to sell their celestones for and likewise, what to buy them for. This is for prices at the date of this post.

Mirage Celestone=25-30k Seems to be the reasonable rate for Mirage Celestones these days.

Human/Heaven/Earth Celestone=3-10k We will get into this a bit more later on in the post.

Celestone Fragments= 1.5-4k each. We will get into this later as well.

First off, Mirage Celestones are for upgrading your equipment at the Elder. It takes 1 stone for a CHANCE at a +1 rating for armor, and 2 Mirage Celestones for a CHANCE at a +1 for a weapon. When you are successful with an upgrade you will raise the level of that item by 1. When you are unsuccessful, you will either lower the item back to its original state or it will remain unchanged. You will however lose the Mirage Celestone regardless of what happens. Now that we have gone over what they are for we will get into the pricing issues I have seen all over the place, and how you can avoid shopping pitfalls in areas of buying and selling what are some of the most important items in the game.

The Gem Trader will give you Mirage Celestones for either 25 Celestone Fragments or 3 of each of the Earth/Human/Heaven Celestones. So if you look at the pricing up above you can see where the huge discrepancies are between the varieties.
Let's break this down by how many of each lesser celestone we will need in order to make our prize:The Mirage Celestone:

Mirage 25-30k. We can buy one of these at this price and cut out all of the other legwork. Simple enough right?

Human/Earth/Heaven Celestone: 3-10k. Here is where the pricing discrepancy starts. Remember, we need 3 of each of these little beauties to get 1 Mirage. So let's do a little math, and we will even keep it on the cheap side of things.

3 human times 3k=9k, 3 Earth times 3k=9k, 3 Heaven times 3k=9k which then = 1 Mirage at a total of 27k. Not bad. If we are only seeing Mirages at 30k and up, then we are getting a bargain, especially if we aren't patient enough to wait for a better deal. If the are 5k apiece though, and we multiply 9 stones times 5k, we would be spending 45k on one Mirage! That is what shouldn't happen.

Now on to the fragments: 25 Fragments=1 Mirage Celestone. 1 Mirage Celestone should be 25k-30k at the time of this post, correct? So Fragments should therefore cost 1k- to roughly 1.25k each. I see them sell for way more than that! Don't get ripped off.

I have also seen a lot of stores whose inventory prices look a lot like this:

They will have 20 Mirage Celestones for sal for 30k as an example, but they will have their Human/Earth/Heaven at 5k each! The will have Fragments for 2k each! I am writing this part for the people who are selling these at odd prices because:
A.) They suck at math.
B.) They have no idea what the lesser celestones are for.
C.) They see what other uninformed people are selling them for and copy it.
D.) They are hoping to turn a profit off of uninformed players.

I understand players not knowing what any of these things are for. There isn't a lot of information in the item descriptions at all. I just thought this post could help a lot of players trying to figure out what to buy and sell these things for, and at the same time it could help stabilize the market for these items in a way that was beneficial to the PWI Community. Please feel free to post updated pricing and correct any mistakes you see in the post here. I would like to see the economy of this game start to look a little more cohesive. Thanks!
Post edited by iason on

Comments

• Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Awwww... why must you go and ruin my shop. I am buying mirage stones and selling the materials. Interesting thing is that some of the people haven't figure out the difference in prices.
  • iason
    iason Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know your kidding about ruining it(or at least I hope you are) but really, the economy of this game is going to ruin it. This celestone problem is just a fraction of what is going on wrong with the market. I just want to see the community help each other as opposed to hindering each other.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    iason wrote: »
    I know your kidding about ruining it(or at least I hope you are) but really, the economy of this game is going to ruin it. This celestone problem is just a fraction of what is going on wrong with the market. I just want to see the community help each other as opposed to hindering each other.

I don't really see a problem with the economy, since its mostly player drivened (its not like the admins are behind it all). If they (the players) want to follow the crowd and buy/sell stuff at random price. Its their money. The only way to fix the market problem, is to either have the admin/game dictict the market price or have a more price aware player base.
  • Anthropy - Heavens Tear
    Anthropy - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The only way to fix the market problem, is to either have the admin/game dictict the market price or have a more price aware player base.

I guess the OP is trying to help make the player base more aware through this excellent guide :)

The ecoonomy is currently a little crazy - prices for mats are just plain stupid, you look in the shop and they buy for 1k and sell for 3k+, lol just lol at the bare faced profit mongering, why people pay those prices after the seeing the obvious greed of sellers I don't know. Prices have started to reduce as the market gets more flooded with items and competition between sellers forces them down a little, I'd like to see the buyers take a stand and just not buy mats at those prices to help that process of a calming economy along a little quicker ;-)
  • jurake
    jurake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    only way i'd buy from another player was to know the item is cheaper than an NPC, or a crafted item that I could not get anywhere else (except learn to craft yourself)
  • Rabidpanda - Heavens Tear
    Rabidpanda - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Keep in mind some people live on the edge and might just need 1 heaven stone... so yeah. It's how whole sale works, I can sell you a soda for 50 cents, or a 12 pack for $4...
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The way I see this.... Is there's no real global listing for items. Sure, you have the AH.. But that system is just horrible. I came from FFXI and there we have 4 Auction House systems. The main AH system that can be accessed from 3 cities across the world is what all prices are based on. You need to check the price of something, you go to that AH or go to FFXIAH.com to look it up a little faster.

Because we have no real centralized market you have a TON (way too many in my opinion) of player shops in the high traffic areas of the towns. You then either have to take the mats/DQ items/Gear/etc. from the first shop you find it in.... Or remember the name/location of the shop and the price of the materials while you browse other shops for a better price.

My suggestion would be for PW to revamp their AH system. Because that's unlikely to happen... We will continue to see a ton of price gouging.
  • bulrog
    bulrog Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I 100% agree with all this.
    Consignement shops are a pleg... They disturb PW economic system but they also make citys' streets messy.
    Archausor west quarter is just hawfull.

I also think the best way to heal that pleg is to ban consignement shops, and to revamp AH system.
    I played WoW before, and AH worked just nicely.

Developers, do something !

P.S : I'm french so forgive my mistakes.
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Keep in mind some people live on the edge and might just need 1 heaven stone... so yeah. It's how whole sale works, I can sell you a soda for 50 cents, or a 12 pack for $4...

Total agree, it is the only reason people buy celestone and celestone fragments. They are not buying 25 fragments or 3 each celeston to make a mirage, they are only 1 or 2 short to make a mirage. so celestone and celestone fragments can not be calculated by the price of mirage.
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well, celestone prices have dropped with the high spawn rates of them lately b:pleased
    Completely agree with the player shops being too messy. There are too many of them, and they totally lag the game. West Archosaur is HORRIBLE to walk through. It would be nicer if there was some sort of city by city market, where all the prices from each of the shops in that specific region were displayed.
  • damani
    damani Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You also have to understand there are some people that do not give a DAMN about their money.

They make bank at work, buy 100000 Zen at one time, and then just spend spend spend to speed up their progress in the game.

I know personally that sometimes have chosen to pay 30k for mats (30 cents US) than spend two hours of my life gathering them
  • yylladurein
    yylladurein Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    davais wrote: »
    Total agree, it is the only reason people buy celestone and celestone fragments. They are not buying 25 fragments or 3 each celeston to make a mirage, they are only 1 or 2 short to make a mirage. so celestone and celestone fragments can not be calculated by the price of mirage.
    i just did. paid 22k for it altogether. even went back for a second.

but what id like to see more so than the celestone prices change. id like to see pet food and mats go down a bit. i understand the pricing on pets tho. lvling can be tedious
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Necro'ing threads is bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.