Fist BM Armour + Shards

Duskreaver - Heavens Tear
Duskreaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Blademaster
Since I recently switched over to light armour, what type of shards should I use?

And if this is a bad idea, what shards should I use as a fist blademaster with heavy armour?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Duskreaver - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I would say, Phy Def Shards or HP Shards. Most likely I'll go with Phy Def shards because if you go Light Armor you'll need more physical Defence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Going LA is a bad idea.

You lose way too much physical defense, that even Pdef shards won't make it up for it (and your shards should be HP not pdef, so you have a second loss).

And you just gain a little extra defense against magic attacks (100~200 damage) but you get like 200~400 more damage from physical attacks, so yeah...

You can figure it out.
  • Duskreaver - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    hm, thanks for the help guys! guess im sticking with phy.def

the problem now is the build that'll allow me to wear the heavy armours.
    would it be: 5 STR/4DEX/1VIT every 2 levels?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    hm, thanks for the help guys! guess im sticking with phy.def

the problem now is the build that'll allow me to wear the heavy armours.
    would it be: 5 STR/4DEX/1VIT every 2 levels?

Yep, that's the build.
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    go for the mDef shard ...BM looks cool with white glow lol..and moreover you can b a magicTank ^^
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    hm.. i think i left out a key point in my question; im a fist/claw blademaster.

My guildmates who are lv50+ and have blademasters say there aren't any major problems with using LA and strongly advised me in using LA. I'm confused, you guys say HA but eeeeeveryone in my guild says LA. Although Lyndura has a very good point about the phy. def im just wondering why there are such polar opinions about fist BM and armour.

:S
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited December 2008

My guildmates who are lv50+ and have blademasters say there aren't any major problems with using LA and strongly advised me in using LA. I'm confused, you guys say HA but eeeeeveryone in my guild says LA. Although Lyndura has a very good point about the phy. def im just wondering why there are such polar opinions about fist BM and armour.

There is a huge difference between LA and HA when comparing Physical defense, even higher when you use Golden Bell.

There is an even higher difference between LA and HA when comparing Physical defense when you're using Alter Marrow Magical, which will improve our Mdef just by a little.

When you use Marrow Magical with Heavy Armor, since you already have a high physical defense, when you lower it use that skill, it will remain in a decent amount, while your Mdef will go up, and there difference between the damage with LA or HA is just a couple hundreds, or less.

At PvP you need both, physical defense and magical defense, specially at TW. As a Fist BM you're not good against caster classes, and if you give away your physical defense, then you also won't be good against meele classes.
  • Sadism - Lost City
    Sadism - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008

You also have to consider the diminishing returns of damage reduction between LA and HA. Your Guild mates are probably telling you to stay with LA because your damage reduction is only about 4-5% lower then HA. Even tho HA would show you larger numbers on paper, the damage reduction % of HA keeps getting closer and closer to the damage reduction of LA the higher level you get. (don't quote me because this is what others have told me, just thought I would pass it on)
  • Heinrek - Sanctuary
    Heinrek - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i use heavy armor with evasion stones in my fist BM but that's just me
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Best you can get till 9x is hp

At 9x the only thing which is going to hurt you is magic anyways.

so 8x Immaculate water resist/earth and Metal, why?
    Earth -> Sandstorm (most dangerous skill of a mage)
    Water -> Gush, Water Dragon, etc
    Metal -> Anti cleric and archer
    Also,
    because magical sutra will give you the def of a superhero.

Level magical sutra to 4 / 5, get sage GoldenBell and your on a good way to stay alive.
    edited January 2009
    Just hit 50, and using heavy armor still. I'm planning on putting in HP shards now as I've heard that def shards don't really do much good in preventing lots of damage anymore.

Thanks for all the replies!