Advice about the overgrown wolf.

Oishasan - Sanctuary
Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
So my veno made 43, and I finally was in town..
And saw the the huge wolf and it's owner finally have quests..

Could someone basically give a low down on what the storyline is here?

What's the importance of the Cube..er..what is it? and there was something else, I'm at work currently, so can't log in to get the names..

Any feedback would be appreciative.
Oishasan
Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
Barbarian, feral build

amale
Arcane Veno
Beetle Wrangler
Post edited by Oishasan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The other thing was probably the duty badge.
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I wouldn't even bother with it, Cube of fate is very tedious to do and requires a MASSIVE amount of Mirage celestones.
    I don't even think anyone in International has even bothered to complete it yet.

It is basically a dungeon with many floors and you must go floor by floor until the end where a large amount of treasure chests are to obtain very nice items.
    You use the cude and the mirage celestones to skip floors.

Although if anyone has even done it in International version I assume you would need full party of 80+ or so.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Herr_Liebe - Lost City
    Herr_Liebe - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I wouldn't even bother with it, Cube of fate is very tedious to do and requires a MASSIVE amount of Mirage celestones.
    I don't even think anyone in International has even bothered to complete it yet.

It is basically a dungeon with many floors and you must go floor by floor until the end where a large amount of treasure chests are to obtain very nice items.
    You use the cude and the mirage celestones to skip floors.

Although if anyone has even done it in International version I assume you would need full party of 80+ or so.

What?

My friend has beat it like 3 times or so xD

People beat it all the time.

You need a duty badge to start with.

Take the duty badge, and talk to the dog, you'll enter the cube of fate.

Once inside the whole thing is about going from room to room using things called "Thrown Die"

Each value on the Thrown Die is as many rooms as you move forward.

Some key items to bring into the cube are:

Dice tickets (You can go through, in theory with about 20 if you've got perfect luck, but I would bring around 45 just in case.) - These are obtained by decomposing Mirage Celestones.

Mirage Celestones: If you ever happen to run out of Dice Tickets, you can always trade these stones for Dice tickets.

Do-All Cards: If you're ever lucky enough to get one of these, you can trade them when you come to the bully card or robber card room. xD

Basically the cube takes you from room to room starting at one, and you have to get to 50. You don't need a full party of Lv 80+, Revert beats it and he's Lv 61, 62, then again Lv 63.

Each room has a different challenge, and sometimes it can cost you. A lot. For example, there is a room called Ecstasy or Sadness, that will cost you 100k coins for a chance to either get a sadness card, or an ecstacy card. The sadness card will NPC for 1 coin, the other will NPC for 1mil. Either way you have to pay that 100k to get a card to pass the room.

Other rooms are PvP rooms. Kill someone to get out.

All-in-all it's a big challenge. I spent 39 tickets one night, and I can't get past room 45. Failed twice.

What I've heard when you reach the end you can get Mysterious Chips, or Revert has recieved 300k exp and some thousands of Spirit points.

It's a challenge, but I think the only time you're ever going to need a full party of Lv 80+ is room 6, where you have to kill a boss to get through. It won't ever do enough damage to kill you, but if you don't have a full party, be prepared to be fighting it for some hours.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's a challenge, but I think the only time you're ever going to need a full party of Lv 80+ is room 6, where you have to kill a boss to get through. It won't ever do enough damage to kill you, but if you don't have a full party, be prepared to be fighting it for some hours.

At 70s, it takes maybe 30-40 min max to kill Axis of Fate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I was told its for like high lvl and takes a lot of work never done it before.
    I only ever got limited information on it.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.