Melee or Range?

kotona
kotona Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
Just wandering, should a venomancer have melee skills or range skills or both when starting out? My friend thinks that it is important to work on one of them and max most of the skills, then when u r a higher lvl max the other skills. Also if u do choose the melee skills is it important to get the attack skills first or the weaken skills? Could someone help me?
Post edited by kotona on

Comments

• Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The casting spells are much better for starting out, combine them with a good pet and you're a part of the fastest levelling class/build up till level 60.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • kotona
    kotona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok thx for the help
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wait, what happens at 60? Now I'm scared!! b:shocked
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Zhenners start to show up at 60, meaning you're not the fastest lvler anymore. You're still as fast as you were before, but other classes got faster is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Zhenning is expensive though, so it's still a good idea to be a venomancer if you want an easy ride to high levels
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ohhh, kk. I thought you meant some world-shattering game feature would be crashing down on my head sometime soon, lol. Thanks for the info. b:thanks
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Celkia - Sanctuary
    Celkia - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Zhenners start to show up at 60, meaning you're not the fastest lvler anymore. You're still as fast as you were before, but other classes got faster is all.

what are Zhenners?
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    what are Zhenners?

People who participate in Aoe Parties ("Zhenning"). I've never actually been in one but I think the idea is that Blademasters and Barbarians run around on mounts getting loads of mobs to follow them back to a party of wizards, archers and clerics who use their own special Area of Effect spells to kill them quickly for fast exp. It requires MP charms to keep the spells going, and Venomancers don't normally get in because they normally aren't strong enough to lure and don't have any continous spells. Venomancers that go heavy can supposedly lure but I only know one veno who has actually been in one.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror