weapon and stat points choosing problem

sidewalk
sidewalk Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Blademaster
Hi,

i made a blade master lvl 8 tight now.
but i have some troubles choosing weapons and where i need to put my 5 stat points on every lvl.

i use dual blades now (more damage then single)

but the problem:
- dual sword better then single
- dual blade better then single

dual blade comes a little bit later to choose

i have dual swords lvl 5, next lvl to get dual swords again will be lvl 13,
dual blades komes around lvl 2, and at lvl 7 at this time blades are better.

now i dont have the money to buy dual swords when i can, and a few lvls later dual blades, and so on.

what to do do you have some information for me?

ok the stat points (the 5 u get when u lvl up)
asked around andd the told me to do 3 str 1 dex 1 vit

but is this good for me? or do i need to change? (more on str vit or....)

i want to play pve and lateron if i know the game better, i wanna join some parties. or maybe pvp.

i really hope that u ppl can give me more information.

thank you.
Post edited by sidewalk on

Comments

• Anyaia - Heavens Tear
    Anyaia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    When you pick dual blades that also means you will be using single blade at that level, atleast early in the game. Looking at the categories(sword, polearm, bow, magic etc), you will be using one of them.
  • Kradia - Sanctuary
    Kradia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Early on you dont really need to buy weapons, just use the quest reward weapons. You should start buying weapons after the trial scythe.
  • mastr
    mastr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well, right now you are using an axe build. If you want swords, put more DEX.
    If you want to be good at PvE, you will want to keep that build but use an Axe or Hammer. Also, if you want to TW (Territory Wars) you will want axe due to AoE. For PvP, Axe is good because of stuns but Spear/Polearm is good too because of long range and bleed. If you insist on going sword, I suggest 2 STR, 2 DEX, 1 VIT per level. Also, you can't just use one weapon, (i.e. dual blade, spear) you will use ALL the weapons in that section (i.e. dual blade, dual sword, single blade, single sword) If you don't do this your damage will be much lower than it could be (unless you found a very good weapon at the auction or you manufactured it to be 3 star or something). Tip: never buy weapons from the NPC, they are not worth the money you pay. Also check this out for more information: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CatGirll - Sanctuary
    CatGirll - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thx for asking these things, i'm in the same situation right now xD
  • Aelium - Heavens Tear
    Aelium - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thx for asking these things, i'm in the same situation right now xD
    mastr wrote: »
    Well, right now you are using an axe build. If you want swords, put more DEX.
    If you want to be good at PvE, you will want to keep that build but use an Axe or Hammer. Also, if you want to TW (Territory Wars) you will want axe due to AoE. For PvP, Axe is good because of stuns but Spear/Polearm is good too because of long range and bleed. If you insist on going sword, I suggest 2 STR, 2 DEX, 1 VIT per level. Also, you can't just use one weapon, (i.e. dual blade, spear) you will use ALL the weapons in that section (i.e. dual blade, dual sword, single blade, single sword) If you don't do this your damage will be much lower than it could be (unless you found a very good weapon at the auction or you manufactured it to be 3 star or something). Tip: never buy weapons from the NPC, they are not worth the money you pay. Also check this out for more information: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481

What do you mean buy that? Where else are we to buy weapons, if not from the shop NPC's?b:sad
  • shakaboom
    shakaboom Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    u can buy good quality weapon at auction or you can forge them yourself.. its should be better than NPC