What's wrong with people ?????

13»

Comments

• ReicoMatrix - Sanctuary
    ReicoMatrix - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am pretty new to the game, only level 13, and I have to admit, the other new guys running around with me at these low levels can be frustrating. I get by simply by trying to lead by example, if I see a player running from a monster he or she accidentally aggro'd, I'll help the player kill it. Lol I once just ran past the monsters and took the aggro myself, and fought without help, as the player continued to blindly run as fast as possible.

When I am grinding a certain kind of monster for a quest, and 5 others show up and start killing them also, I try and talk everyone down and see if they want to squad up, and work together on it, rather than fighting for kills, kill stealing, and pissing each other off.

So far it's been working out nicely, I've made a bunch of friends who I quest with, and 9 times out of 10 the other players are just happy to get some help. I find in games like these, you can tell people to **** off, but the anonymity of the world allows them to just retaliate in the rude way they do, without consequence.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You're right ReicoMatrix. The best thing to do is staying nice, even if some people are really anoying. I found that parties became way better when I came to archosaur. As a tankbuild barb, I have quite some invites from archers and mages. Even if I don't need to kill the same mobs, I usually accept those invites, just to help them out. And then they always help me out to.

You'll see that it eventually pays off. I had to do my fb29, but couldn't get a squad (most high lvl playes only help if you have wine). So I wispered a lvl 50+ veno I met the other day, and she came to help me. With a bunch of members of her faction. They were really nice (not bossy like you hear sometimes) and killed Qingzi.

I think it's important to also keep in mind the counter examples. Most of the players are happy when they get some help, its just a little group that's rude.
  • Sager - Sanctuary
    Sager - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    OldBear, of course, it is very old post. In that time, my friend was a squad leader, and the tab holder supposed to talk to the pillar at the end of the cave (near the boss), but what he did was standing at the middle of the cave and did nothing.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    OldBear, of course, it is very old post. In that time, my friend was a squad leader, and the tab holder supposed to talk to the pillar at the end of the cave (near the boss), but what he did was standing at the middle of the cave and did nothing.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but if tab holder was not squad leader then he was simply unable to talk to the pillar. there is shield hoovering over pillar. If it's silver- you cannot get the quest. if it's golden-you can. if you have tabs and you are squad leader the shield is golden. if you're tab holder but not squad leader - the shield is silver.

Looks like the only guilt this guy had was bluffing with you giving you emotional reasons, blaming you etc. But in reality he never could take that quest even if clicking on pillar 100x and probably had no idea himself why it is so.
  • Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It is the mob portion of the FB19 that allows you to get the weapon, *however* after you complete the 8/8 for the two mobs, the quest auto-opens a second part that requires killing the final boss to complete.
    So any noob that is doing FB19 will actually end up having two quests for the boss, one from the tab and one from the mobs.

Also, I just wanted to say, that everytime someone gives me grief, I look at their gears and their class, and it's usually moderately funny.
  • Sager - Sanctuary
    Sager - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oldbear, you do not understand. In that time, we did not ask him to talk to the pillar AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CAVE. So we started to kill monster for his quest and he followed but suddenly at the middle of the cave, he stopped and did not follow us anymore. Then I realized that he didn't follow us anymore. Then, I told him to follow us to the boss. Then, he still not came, standing at the middle of the cave and did not response to what I said. He wasn't disconnect since his friend told us that he did not want to do it, because he thought we, high level, want to leech his experience(maybe because he saw he got like 1exp per monster). Then, we stopped and waited for him at the boss and explained to him that the he will get his quest done and also got fix experience from the tablet and the experience he got won't share with us. I explained for 15minutes, and he ignored my explaination. so my friend decided to kick him out of the squad (usually, my friend always asked tab holder to tab in at THE END OF THE CAVE, in case of there is any disconnect). Anyway, it is like 4months ago. Forget it.
  • crossbyte
    crossbyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ive never had to use my blacklist, people react when you give them the response they want. i really enjoy this game so even if there are a few impolite people bothering me i just shrug it off because you can always loss a person and its not like they well whisper you forever lol. asking for most players to be mature is a lost cause lol people are people. i agree with the above statement that when they can hide themselves people show just how vulgar they can be unfortunately. =D but dont let them get you down because there are some really amazing, nice people you can find online in p.w.
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I know this is a rather old thread but felt I wanted to share my own experiences within it. I am still fairly new and getting use to PW but I can say the game is a lot more quiet than others when it comes to drama and it's ilk.

I've had both good and bad experiences in the game. The other day I just began my FB19. We had one in our group (a venomancer) that was just came across as a control freak. ("just so you know I'm tanking the boss", "don't attack anything until I do", "focus on me", etc)

This got old after while but the icing on the cake was when we arrived at the boss finally. This person sat there and asked if we were ready. I just stood there watching for the moment to start supporting. That never came. They suddenly started going off about how I wasn't helping at all. Oddly enough the cleric in our group started to tank the boss because he got tired of the fit that was being displayed (thank you!).

Needless to say that veno did very little to assist. We beat the boss and went on our way while they continued to say we did this or that wrong and we were rude, etc.

However, despite that small bit of drama I've encountered very little up to this point beyond things said in the global chat. b:bye
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    about a week ago i had a... week long MEGA DRAMA.. thing with the former Stixx leader. it turned into a HUGE thing with him threatening to ban me after he verbally abused me. not gonna go into the details but it was BY FAR the most drama i have ever encountered in a game, or in real life... i suggest everyone avoid that player.. he is the drama KING.

also just made my own guild, had 2 noobs join at the same time.. they both were asking really inane questions "what is lol? where is the map? what is idk?" things like that... i tried to be helpful and explain things, then when i told them my patience had wore out they admitted they were just doing that for "fun", they had lvl 50+ characters and knew the game and the slang. after that they started in on a bunch of american-bashing and german-praising. when i got bored with the bickering i kicked them both and their response was to spam me with obscenities and more american bashing, so i blacklisted them.

i actually use my blacklist a lot. there are a lot of really annoying people who don't know when to shut up or leave you alone.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well, I've been playing for over a week now and I have not noticed problems on the chat since I rarely follow it. I switch to squad or my guild chat.

There are good people willing to help out. I have met some of them and I think the actual challenge is to find them. I think this is the real quest of the game rather than the game quests. Since team work is key to level up quickly and efficient.

Some players in high levels not only explain you what to do. They actually go with you and teach you not only the quests but also all the ethics you should follow. This takes time from their playing time.

My FB-19 was a bad experience since I did not have any friends yet. However, I was already on this forum and I was aware of what most likely could happen in the FB-19 (I knew my role).

So, I just did my part and they did theirs, I got my weapon and they got the rest. Which is not my biggest concern. I wished I was explained what was their strategy for me learn how to do in the future when my opportunity comes.

Everything was so quick that I did not understand what happened. Who were the enemies and who were on the squad (since the guys were mostly veno I think). I just talked to the pillar when they told me and they killed the big boss later.