spawning times

tpos
tpos Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
i know the plumdrop kitten spawns every 12 hours, but does anyone know roughly what time they spawn on the santuary server? i just dont have the time to camp for one, and theres no way im willing to pay 700k for a pet
Post edited by tpos on

Comments

• dagashi
    dagashi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the only definite spawn time is 5hrs after the Maintenance (not 100% about that) if the spawn time is 12 hrs, that's 12hrs after it's killed.
  • tpos
    tpos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thankyou =D
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Since most of the 12hr spawns are heaviliy camped I think it's pretty safe to assume the pets are tamed or killed almost immediatly..... so we can make a pretty good approximation of when most of the rares will spawn.

Server maintinance takes place from 11:00PM to 1:00AM (-8 GMT) every Tuesday.

1:00AM + 5 hrs = 6:00AM + 12Hrs = 6:00PM + 12Hrs = 6:00AM

So a pretty good estimation of when the 12 hr rares will spawn, would be somewhere around 6:00AM and 6:00PM (-8 GMT) every day..... might be a good idea to show up around an hour early to compensate for any errors.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Server maintinance takes place from 11:00PM to 1:00AM (-8 GMT) every Tuesday.

1:00AM + 5 hrs = 6:00AM + 12Hrs = 6:00PM + 12Hrs = 6:00AM

So a pretty good estimation of when the 12 hr rares will spawn, would be somewhere around 6:00AM and 6:00PM (-8 GMT) every day..... might be a good idea to show up around an hour early to compensate for any errors.

I've only been playing a couple months. I've seen the rare spawn times as early as 4:50 am and as late as ~9am (after an emergency patch). My advice is to park an alt at one of the sites, play with your main, and log in the alt every 5-10 minutes to see if there are a bunch of venos hanging around, then note what time they all disappear.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've only been playing a couple months. I've seen the rare spawn times as early as 4:50 am and as late as ~9am (after an emergency patch). My advice is to park an alt at one of the sites, play with your main, and log in the alt every 5-10 minutes to see if there are a bunch of venos hanging around, then note what time they all disappear.

The point being... if you know what time the last server maintinance ended you can make a pretty good guestimation on when the pets will spawn all the way up until the next maint.
  • Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I was running past a spot once, and there were like 10 foxes standing around in a circle. It was kind of creepy looking.

But yeah, you should be able to make a decent estimation if everyone is taming them almost as soon as they spawn, as long as you allow for a bit more error in the later spawns.
  • Greenfaerie - Sanctuary
    Greenfaerie - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well before the server maintenance went down last night jan. 06. 09

the tabby was spawning around 8:30 (central time)
    the two frogs 8:11 and 8:15

but a ton of ppl usally show up and it's not a first come first serve ... its war when u try to capture a rare pet. It is either killed more than half the time and then caught less than half.

so next time you complain on the price of a full baby or just one egg... don't because you should try capturing one pet with 5-10 ppl around + the spawn times... = hard wrk for a veno.
    BadKittie by day
    Greenfaerie by night
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well before the server maintenance went down last night jan. 06. 09

the tabby was spawning around 8:30 (central time)
    the two frogs 8:11 and 8:15

but a ton of ppl usally show up and it's not a first come first serve ... its war when u try to capture a rare pet. It is either killed more than half the time and then caught less than half.

so next time you complain on the price of a full baby or just one egg... don't because you should try capturing one pet with 5-10 ppl around + the spawn times... = hard wrk for a veno.

+1 I tried catching the kitty and that made me realize how hard and hectic it is. And it was about 10 or 11 venos then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...