Question about Controls...

jamiejones
jamiejones Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
Is there anyways to make it to where you can move around using the arrowkeys instead of having to use wasd, because I simply can not play a game where im forced to use wasd.

I actually really like the graphics and the content of the game but the controls are driving me insane...
Post edited by jamiejones on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    No, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    That's a silly thing to not try to get used to...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • eorg
    eorg Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not so silly if you happen to be a lefty, mouse and keys etc make it a crippling effect. All of the more popular games have a feature that allows changing keybindings.
  • uccat
    uccat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    That's a silly thing to not try to get used to...

I disagree, that is also the reason i just came to this thread after signing in, i use the right side of my keyboard, and thus far, in 20 years of gaming, i have never been unable to use the arrows, or re-assign the keys. At least I was able to find out quickly before I wasted any time.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There are many people who play the game with just the mouse, as it was designed to be a click-fest, especially since it is from Asia. (most MMOs from Asia are designed to be played with just the mouse, and most MMORPGs in general.)

You can click on your destination in the world, and you will go there.

You can hold down the right mouse button and move the mouse to move the camera around.

I understand your pain, as I am part time left handed and wind up "re-mapping" my right hand to my left hand, or vice versa, to get by in this right handed world.

One way that I get around most games is to have a dual analog gamepad in my left hand (for movement, remap keys), and a mouse in my right.

Hope you'll give us another try, the community rocks, and everyone plays nice MOST of the time b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • uccat
    uccat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    One way that I get around most games is to have a dual analog gamepad in my left hand (for movement, remap keys), and a mouse in my right.

well, i use the mouse in my left hand, right hand i remap the numpad etc for gameplay, please elucidate on the the dual gamepad 0.0
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Please see my post here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=848951&postcount=15

Since you want to play with the mouse in your left hand, then you can take a gamepad that you can re-map (with dual analog sticks like a Playstation Dualshock controller) the right analog stick to WASD, and re-map the right-side buttons to frequent keys that you use in the game.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • EriQween - Lost City
    EriQween - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Using WASD drives me nuts especially when Ive used arrowkeys all my life.. lol I was going crazy looking to change it. Thank goodness I found this thread. xD
  • Abraon - Sanctuary
    Abraon - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Please see my post here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=848951&postcount=15

Since you want to play with the mouse in your left hand, then you can take a gamepad that you can re-map (with dual analog sticks like a Playstation Dualshock controller) the right analog stick to WASD, and re-map the right-side buttons to frequent keys that you use in the game.

I tried it and it works!!! Thank you sooooo much!
This discussion has been closed.