Mouse Issue, Must change settings

boglwe
boglwe Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Support Desk
I just started playing and sadly, I will have to stop playing if I cannot change the settings of my mouse, Been playing for years and years with inverted mouse and I also do not want to click to move. Just wanna use keys. Is there any kind of options for this stuff, If not, its kinda poor that they give no options for this. Its a make or break for me and this gameb:sad
Post edited by boglwe on

Comments

• cr0nic
    cr0nic Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ye i was also looking for a place to change my view because click to play aint good wanne use my keyboard to run.
  • xxxforsakenxxx
    xxxforsakenxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's incomplete.

I am one of the inverted mouse players, but I did get used to it pretty quickly.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You can change the WASD commands to forward/strafeleft/back/walkright from the client.

From inside the game client, click the button on the bottom right that has two sticks in an X. On the submenu that comes up, click the button that looks like a green computer monitor and keyboard. This brings up the settings menu.

Click the third button on the top of the Settings menu, labelled Game. Near the top of that section will be the words "A.D. Keys." If you tick the check box to the left of those words, the A and D keys will rotate the camera. If you untick them, the A and D keys will strafe, once you hit Confirm to save your settings.

It's technically just walking left and right, rather than doing so while facing forward, but for all intents and purposes it is strafing.

There is currently no option to invert the mouse. Some filter drivers can do it, but those obviously aren't valid solutions for most players. It's on the Suggestions list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boglwe
    boglwe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    You can change the WASD commands to forward/strafeleft/back/walkright from the client.

From inside the game client, click the button on the bottom right that has two sticks in an X. On the submenu that comes up, click the button that looks like a green computer monitor and keyboard. This brings up the settings menu.

Click the third button on the top of the Settings menu, labelled Game. Near the top of that section will be the words "A.D. Keys." If you tick the check box to the left of those words, the A and D keys will rotate the camera. If you untick them, the A and D keys will strafe, once you hit Confirm to save your settings.

It's technically just walking left and right, rather than doing so while facing forward, but for all intents and purposes it is strafing.

There is currently no option to invert the mouse. Some filter drivers can do it, but those obviously aren't valid solutions for most players. It's on the Suggestions list.

This is an obvious no brainer. I am sorry, but this is something you need to take care of now. I understand that you fine folks might have a vision, but people need to be able to adjust their mouse settings, and the strafe left right issue is the least of the problems. Even if you do that, the camera speed is very slow. Its awkward at best. The simple thing that you can do is give people a couple option. First, you want to give people the ability to invert their mouse. THATS HUGE. Its a make or break for a ton of people. Second, People need to be able to move thru the world without clicking the ground creating movement, yes yes, there are keys we can use and thats preferable, but when you click anywhere on the ground and have to move their due to mouse clicking is awkward as well. The only keys I want to be using to move are left and right mouse buttons or the W key. The curser on screen should be for interaction only (or give people that option).

Its a beautiful game world, but this oversight in customizations makes it very hard for some people to enjoy it. Please take this all as constructive criticism and not flaming.

(By the way, this is the first game I have EVER played that did not have the mouse invert option, EVER)
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When do you use the mouse to move around, like a flight stick or FPS in PWI?

WASD moves you. Clicking anywhere in the 3d geometry will pull your character toward where you clicked.

What function do you need the mouse to be inverted for in PWI?

I can see using the inverted mouse for an FPS, or flight sim, like I do, but in this game, all you do is point and click, like its a 3d spreadsheet.

I'm asking for your play style and how it affects your gaming so I can research a solution for you.

b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    (By the way, this is the first game I have EVER played that did not have the mouse invert option, EVER)

It's (unfortunately) much more common than that : Ubisoft's been infamous for doing so in more than one very popular game, and some cult classics. If it's vital for your gameplay, you may be interested in filter drivers like the MafSoft one, although none of them are particularly elegant (or free).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onitsu
    onitsu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hi,

I downloaded the game and installed it today... was very surprised about the quality of graphics etc.. But after I created my character and made the 1st steppes in the world a unpleasant surprise came... I cant control the character without the inverted mouse look function. It simply IS essential for me, playing all games this way and cant get used to the normal mouse look function. Every serious game should have this option available.

Without the inverted mouse look function, there wont be a Perfect world for me and I am sure many others too (but many wont bother to write on these forums).

So please, do something, I am sure that adding a function like this isnt any major programming issue. It is game-breaking for me though...

best regards

Robert
  • ravagex
    ravagex Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Please add invert y axis option.
  • ravagex
    ravagex Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    When do you use the mouse to move around, like a flight stick or FPS in PWI?

WASD moves you. Clicking anywhere in the 3d geometry will pull your character toward where you clicked.

What function do you need the mouse to be inverted for in PWI?

I can see using the inverted mouse for an FPS, or flight sim, like I do, but in this game, all you do is point and click, like its a 3d spreadsheet.

I'm asking for your play style and how it affects your gaming so I can research a solution for you.

b:pleased

You need it when in every game form FPS to flight sims you pull back to look up, much like you do with your head. when you have done this that way since games had a y axis it's very hard to change the way you play. In this game it's need to look around and select.
  • kemuva
    kemuva Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I just spent hours downloading, updating, fixing problems, and finally managed to get into the game. no one responded when I asked "how do you invert mouselook? anyone know?"
    and I can't yet talk on global chat, so only newbs like me here.

Reading this post seems to show that it's not an option.

:(

it's a deal breaker for me as well.

no invert mouselook, not able to play, sorry.

*cough*

and as you can see, if something as basic as invert mouselook is missing, I won't even try to play that game.
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    Kemuva, let's stick to the technical issues in the technical issues forum, instead of promoting non-PWI MMOs. We kinda frown on turning the PWI forum into a general MMO forum, outside of Off-Topic Discussion or Suggestions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EriQween - Lost City
    EriQween - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    oh I have a question... is it possible to change the WASD buttons to Up, Left, Down, Right arrows?
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    Not within the Perfect World game client. There are filter drivers that can change it universally, but those probably aren't the solutions you're looking for -- they're inelegant and unpleasant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jbpw
    jbpw Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Perfect World is a great game, but:

I would like to add my vote for an inverted y-axis on the mouse. The way I normally play is to hold down the right mouse button to look around and change direction while moving. Ideally, the y-axis would only be inverted while the right button is depressed, allowing for normal action when left-clicking on objects.

I have played this way in games for a long time now and it is a great annoyance not to be able to set my controls this way in Perfect World. As someone else mentioned earlier, it is a serious enough omission to cause many people to ignore the game and look for a different game with a more user-friendly control scheme.

I hope this can be added in the next patch. This is an interesting looking game and I could see myself spending many hours on it if this particular problem is solved.
  • dmanbob1
    dmanbob1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Great Game, Lousy Interface.

1.) Make An Invert Mouse

2.) Make A Mouse Run

3.) Allow Key Remapping.

I Would Play All The Time :) but for now I'll keep checking
    to see if they make some changes. For now I'll keep playing my other MMO's that have
    all the interface options.
  • tamanous
    tamanous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I log back in the game every few weeks...just to see if they added a mouse invert option.

Still none after 2 months. I simply CANNOT play this game with no option to invert the mouse.

Keymapping options are greatly needed too.

There are so many players turned off this game because of this...I am one of them.
  • JenKajisaru - Sanctuary
    JenKajisaru - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Like the poster above, logged in to see if anything had been done, and nope.

Back to other games that understand the whole point of PC gaming is so we aren't stuck with the exact same control scheme as everyone else.

User keybinding and mouse axes should have been one of the first things done in this game, not whether I could alter the eye color of my toon. The developers have some screwy priorities.
  • hmist
    hmist Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am also hoping for an inverted mouse. It doesnt directly effect the game. I just can't train myself to not use invertion. I play many other games as im sure many do. They offer this option thankfully. I really like the way PWI was looking gamewise. Hopefully you can add this feature so i can move on from my subscription games to your game and upcoming games.

Thanks for the ear. Hmist
  • jhaye
    jhaye Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would like to cast another vote for the ability to invert the Y-axis on my mouse.

Many users play games similar to this by holding down the right mouse button to steer their characters while moving forward/backwards and to look around - A seizable percentage of them do so with the y-axis (tilt) of the mouse inverted!

To not have this feature in an otherwise beautiful and elegant game is a surprising oversight! I'm trying to retrain my brain to play non-inverted, but as many have said, you are denying yourselves a great number of gamers by omitting this simple feature.
This discussion has been closed.