I need help with installing and patching

chibibatdollz
chibibatdollz Posts: 202 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Support Desk
I'm currently using Windows Vista home premium.When after I extract the file, I know i suppose to click "install.exe" but there wasn't no "install.exe". There was a "install.dll" (I think,I'm re downloading the whole game b:cry) with the same icon as "install.exe" so do I right- click on that one?I did run it as administer.It brought me to the same page as the "install.exe" page where it tells me to agree or disagree.

Also,after I finish everything, I click on the perfect world icon to download the patches. Unfortunately it stalls and told me to retry.I heard that if you click stop update ,exit,and restart game I can fix the problem.But when I click on the icon, the two menus that pops up were frozen after I click confirm.I couldn't even minimize (nor right click) the two menus on the task bar.After restarting and shuttind down my laptop couples of times, I click on the Perfect world shortcut and nothing appears!Please help,I really want to play this game!b:sad

Before the two menus didn't appear,I had this message that said the files might not have been install correctly, but I did vertify it!I click "install it correctly" but nothing happens.b:surrender
Post edited by chibibatdollz on

Comments

• thzohiro
    thzohiro Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have pretty much the same problem as chibibatdollz, and i tried the solutions presented in the http://support.perfectworld.com/#genFaq07 , http://support.perfectworld.com/#genFaq08 and http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=27121 sites, but still the updater stals in the file gshop.data. I've also tried doing it manualy and downloaded the patches from http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download#patch every last one of them, but aftter a while they stall while downloading...
    Dunno what to do next, and i really wanna play...
  • thzohiro
    thzohiro Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just tried the same thing on my PC while on XP and good news it didn't stall in gshop.data, now it stalls in (2 characters that i can't indentify)1280-2.jpeg. b:angry
    Really dunno what to do next, fresh out of ideias...
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Please try the manual patch mirrors, probably 1-59 from FileFront being your best bet..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Please try the manual patch mirrors, probably 1-59 from FileFront being your best bet..

I don't understand.Why is it my best bet?b:cry
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    In my experience, they're the fastest download sources under typical server loads, and least likely to have dropped packets or weird issues. I'm not sure from your description if you've run other patches, but I would recommend trying that patch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    Thanks a lot.I am trying it right now and it is seems to go faster than a perfect world patch 1-51.I hope it will "unfreeze" the front end menu because it keep loading while the update setting menu is frozen.b:cute
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    Ahhh,I need help again!After I done downloading filefront patch 1-59, it appeared in my desktop.I double click it and the loading starts. Then it stopped.My frozen front end menu is still frozen behind the update setting menu. I cannot move any of them. When I move my cursor to the front end menu, it's still loading but nothing it coming up. Please help!b:cryb:shocked
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    Nevermind, it's updating game version when I shut of my laptop (Windows Vista) and turn it back on.I double click on the patch and it started to work.b:laugh
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    When the game version is updating,my settings windows pops up and it froze again!The setting menu and front end menu froze!b:shocked
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    I turn off my laptop again and turned it on. I double clicked the patch and to front end menu showed up. It said" Game version:59" and below it said reading the new patch...

I don't think it's actually doing this because it's frozen! I can't minimize to menu nor right click it as usual. I need help,please...b:sad
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    Please update Flash Player from within Internet Explorer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    (I didn't download the flash player yet)

I turn my laptop on and double clicked the patch1-59.An error pops out saying "Version and client are the same".The ads and everything is there except for this problem.
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    But if I right click the perfect world icon,properties"compatibility tab" and check "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and I picked windows Xp(service pack 2) and then click the patch1-59, it will freezes like normal saying game version:59 reading the new patch... without any ads or any thing(just brown color) on the right side of the front end menu.Let me try downloading the flash player.What do you mean my "within" Internet Explorer? I'm so sorry,I'm horrible with computers.b:cry
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Version incorrect? Try running a verify from the launcher please. This may take some time so please be patient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chibibatdollz
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the advice about the flash player.It worked! Thank you so much!!b:victoryb:shutup
This discussion has been closed.