Lieing

ramkiller12
ramkiller12 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Archer
Tell me, in the Char page i have Dex 62, and attack range 124-196 bow. I am lvl 13. But i hitting mobs 50?. What the heck .
Post edited by ramkiller12 on

Comments

• ramkiller12
    edited January 2009
    Tell me, in the Char page i have Dex 62, and attack range 124-196 bow. I am lvl 13. But i hitting mobs 50?. What the heck .

I even have the blazing arrow on lvl 2 and with that on i not even seeing a difference
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Monsters have defence too. They'll reduce your attack damage based on their own defense. Also make sure you're far away from the mob, because if you're within 5 meters you'll deal half damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ramkiller12
    edited January 2009
    senovit wrote: »
    Monsters have defence too. They'll reduce your attack damage based on their own defense. Also make sure you're far away from the mob, because if you're within 5 meters you'll deal half damage.

So the further you are the better?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    starting a battle as far away as possible is key to archer survival/saving money
    if you can kill a monster before it hits you? hell yes no hp wasted
    ranged weapons have min effective range, so if a monster is too close your arrow attacks will be 50%penalized so you need to get the monster away from you or use a non ranged skill (lightening or winged pledge)
  • magicboy7111
    magicboy7111 Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Chances are, the reason you are hitting 50's is because you are shooting the monster that is right next to you, and therefore suffer a 50% damage penalty.